Forum › My Ignorance of a World Yet Unknown discussion

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

This is poorly written but I don't think the writer deserves too much flak outside of that. The story is good enough. It seems like a waste because it had a good premise.

I'm still going to read it til the end but yes, there's definitely a pacing and exposition issue. I feel like the story itself could've worked better if handled a different way. I don't know how exactly but not this way.

As an artist, I hate the idea of plagiarism but if Asami is telling the truth (which I think she is) then I see no problem. The only thing she'd be plagiarizing is the supposed incomplete song and she stopped herself from doing so. Granted, she's being rather bitchy. I hate this kind of plot twist when they break up with someone for the person's happiness. Ughhh. Makes me want a het ending for a second. But I'm pretty sure they'll get back together.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I always feel amazed about how much people read things of authors they don't enjoy, thinking that they'll made something different and getting disappointed because they made what they want!

Edit:
Also, @GUMI is life, if you can't find the tomes is because they aren't sold anymore, I have them. The link are here the first and here the second. If you want them you can check in Mandarake, a store that have international shipping, waiting for they to be restoked in Amazon or use something like Tenso ^^

last edited at Mar 27, 2019 7:00PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I always feel amazed about how much people read things of authors they don't enjoy, thinking that they'll made something different and getting disappointed because they made what they want!

To be fair, Momono Moto’s real (IMO) masterpiece is Yuunagi Marbled, which is to the rest of the mangaka’s corpus almost an example of hilarious authorial self-trolling—all the trademark dark tropes get deployed only to be brushed aside by the common-sense of the main character.

An absolute gem, in my estimation.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

To be fair, Momono Moto’s real (IMO) masterpiece is Yuunagi Marbled, which is to the rest of the mangaka’s corpus almost an example of hilarious authorial self-trolling—all the trademark dark tropes get deployed only to be brushed aside by the common-sense of the main character.

An absolute gem, in my estimation.

I love all her works so xD but yes, that one is one of my fav from her ♥ with this serie and some one-shots.

joined Jun 12, 2015

"Liberty" really did have some serious problems with the writing. That rushed ending was just bad.

Ummm.... since when "Liberty" ended? It's still ongoing.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'd forgotten about this glum story. Took me a while to remember the betrayal storyline.

I appreciate the introspective nature of the story, and that fact that its a relatively mature/adult story, which still seem to be the very small minority among available multi-part yuri manga.

Pretty sure the art attracts me every time. (I don't pay much attention to author's names. ^_^ ;)

joined Mar 28, 2019

I love Momono Moto’s artwork. Her characters look very pretty.

However, I can’t love Asami. As a creative I find it difficult to forgive creatives who plagiarize and steal from a family. If I were the MC I would be livid to the point of wanting vengeance.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I love Momono Moto’s artwork. Her characters look very pretty.

However, I can’t love Asami. As a creative I find it difficult to forgive creatives who plagiarize and steal from a family. If I were the MC I would be livid to the point of wanting vengeance.

Kinda the whole point of this story so far is how the MC has always just gone along with what she thought everyone wanted/the status quo and never really tried to think or do things the way she wanted to do herself. It's not a giant leap of logic that she has misplaced feelings about Asami and the music, she's still learning how to BE, and has been slapped in the face with a pretty huge dose of fucked up reality that she has to sort through somehow.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Um, just throwing an idea out there, but maybe actually betting for money (as opposed to forum bragging rights) on stuff like that is stupid?

Although if you’d like to punish yourself for self-identified infractions, don’t let us stand in your way . . .

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Why bet when patience rewards you for free?

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Why bet when patience rewards you for free?

amen my brudder

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

One day I'll see an end to this

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I'm still on board with the project, I just haven't read from Gumi in a while.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I forgot this was a thing.

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

Checking in still no Update

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

Checking in still no Update

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

I mean this started great but I hate this story now

Images
joined Sep 20, 2016

two years? nooo yall rude

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

It hasn't happened yet.
It hasn't happened yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQpm1kMa2eU&ab_channel=WilliamShatner-Topic
It hasn't happened yet.

Spend%20(1)%20(1)
joined May 10, 2021

WH
WHAT. WHAT HAPPENS WH

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Oh damn it actually got finished last year

Just never posted here
https://batotoo.com/chapter/984046

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Just never posted here

It's not ours. Some other group picked it up after GUMI went MIA. I'm actually happy to see this finished. (It was kind of an underwhelming ending, though).

4f51117132779849a26d7739f9e4a595
joined Oct 28, 2015

Just never posted here

It's not ours. Some other group picked it up after GUMI went MIA. I'm actually happy to see this finished. (It was kind of an underwhelming ending, though).

Me and Kae (the scanlator on ch10) have agreed to redo chapter 10 - she also helped with some lines that I got wrong and will be given a translator credit for her effort.
So, there should be an update to this series coming very soon. I have finished the script and sent it to Kae, so after she is done with the cleaning/typesetting I will make sure to upload that here.

Cecile was right when she said that I was MIA - the delay was completely my fault, but I am feeling good about getting back into the scanlation game, and I hope I can give you gais an update on all of my other series over the course of this year.
BTW, it was a pleasure working with you Cecile, and if you ever need a translator on a project, let me know (and I'll do my best to not be so lazy :))

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Just never posted here

Agreed. A rather damp ending for a series that, for all its--as I recall--flaws of pacing and characterization, had some real tension in the relationships. In any case, I'll be glad to see it finished here, if only on the same principle of how annoying it is when a song cuts off before the final chord gets resolved.

Grateful for the work on it, though.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Just never posted here

I've been reading Momono Moto's works lately, so I decided to give this story another chance, and I was surprised by how much I was liking the plot and characters now (I really enjoyed Minako's character) ... up until chapter 8. I'm really not a fan of characters being cruel to their loved ones in order to "protect them" or "keep a promise to my dead music teacher".

And the fact Maya has the gall to ask "will it work for us this time?" as if the fact she and Minato weren't together was because something they both did, when she was the one who decided on her own to leave and end the relationship. My answer is No. it will not work out because I have not seen anything that leads me to believe Maya won't pull the same bullshit again when she feels she is breaking her promise with her teacher, or decides she doesn't want to interact with Minato's mom, or something.Well, at least Minato seems happy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.