Forum › Tanin no Sex o Souzou suru na discussion

Images
joined Jun 11, 2020

This one's good

last edited at Oct 11, 2020 2:35PM

2d67a25c-6aaa-4f53-8c9e-6ed27a93abac
joined May 28, 2020

Liked it, but I hate when “virginity” for women is based on whether or not you’ve had sex with a man.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

That was adorable but I also hate that ^

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

Liked it, but I hate when “virginity” for women is based on whether or not you’ve had sex with a man.

Yeah, I was thinking I just misunderstood the first time virginity got mentioned early on but when the girl mentioned how she was still a virgin even after sleeping with the other girl I was like "damn..."

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

Yeah, I was thinking I just misunderstood the first time virginity got mentioned early on but when the girl mentioned how she was still a virgin even after sleeping with the other girl I was like "damn..."

Ohh i thought she said that she was a virgin! Woa didn't notice. I hope that it isn't a translation error

Greg_no_Gregory
Joan_desu
joined Jul 19, 2020

Dialogue was pretty hokey in certain parts, though not entirely a bad read. Had some decent moments.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Really mixed bag, this one. In fact, I'd say this had more negative lean to it if you comb through what MC's opinions and actions were.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Tokito: I'm gay and homophobic. Yes, we exist.
On a more serious note, this was a surprisingly fun read. The protagonist just laying one on her homophobic coworker based on a popular belief about closeted lesbians and somehow scoring herself a relationship was a bit surprising, but the author managed to make it work, particularly with the way it tied back into her family situation. I like how both leads aren't exactly perfect or nice, but manage to bumblefuck their way into communication.
Also, 10/10 depiction of men as barely-sentient asshole mushrooms. This is what people mean when they call you a fungi.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Too much of bullshit in this. Couldn't enjoy it.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Definitely a mixed bag. The relationship itself was cute enough, but it did feature two pretty crappy tropes, those being the "lesbian sex doesn't count" and the "homophobes are just closeted" tropes.

joined Jan 21, 2020

Yeah, while it was alright, the MC felt like abit of a prick :/

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Same, it's like describing woman "virginity" like a garanty stick where only dicks can pop it off.

Screen%20shot%202020-10-06%20at%203.36.22%20pm
joined Jun 18, 2020

thoroughly enjoyed

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Bit of a mixed bag yea. The "virgin unless you sleep with a dude" thing is... bad. And I also dislike the gross tiresome trope of forcing a kiss on people, that's just disgusting. But got kinda cute by the end.

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

despite the tropes, i found it quite wholesome with some nice feels and a bit of side-lewdness. Is better than most similar stories.
thoroughly enjoyed, 10/10

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Nice read

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

Guys, I think the post sex scene happens AFTER the conversation at the end about her being a virgin, and the lighter haired character had an inner monologue earlier about how she had been with men and that being what made her realize she liked women more.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting the "lesbian sex doesn't count" trope, because I'm not seeing it.

Nope. The scene happens AFTER sex, and if you pay attention enough, you'll notice the small page number on the right/left of said page. Tokiko first says she's a virgin, but then she realizes she had sex and blushes.

I can't find any redeeming qualities for this manga, really. It's fucking disgusting.

Guys, I think the post sex scene happens AFTER the conversation at the end about her being a virgin, and the lighter haired character had an inner monologue earlier about how she had been with men and that being what made her realize she liked women more.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting the "lesbian sex doesn't count" trope, because I'm not seeing it.

Pg5 "It's not like lesbians are necessarily virgins" --> in the context of talking about sleeping with men, this can only mean one thing. It would be a given that didn't need stating if the person stating it took it for granted that sleeping with women counts as losing your virginity. Like, if you substitute the word "virgin" out of the sentence, you have two options:

"It's not like lesbians have necessarily never slept with a man before"
or
"It's not like lesbians have necessarily never slept with anyone before"

You would have to be wilfully obtuse to interpret it the second way, because nobody would ever think that being a lesbian is exclusive to having slept with women, while she's specifically addressing that there are people who think that being a lesbian is exclusive to having slept with men.

tl;dr fuck this comic

Nah I liked this one, it had a somewhat more realistic feel to it. Something I can relate to when someone “finds out” I’m a lesbian at a workplace. And make a big deal out of it..as if I make a big deal out of them being heterosexual >.>

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

Uffs, for a history that literally mention homophobic the part about virginity feel kind of retreat

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Nope. The scene happens AFTER sex, and if you pay attention enough, you'll notice the small page number on the right/left of said page. Tokiko first says she's a virgin, but then she realizes she had sex and blushes.

I can't find any redeeming qualities for this manga, really. It's fucking disgusting.

It could be a translational error. The context of page 26-27 is they were talking about no way a cute person in their 20s still a virgin. I think the MC should reply with "I =was= a virgin", not "is". And the realization panel after that is just her realizing she didn't deny that she's a cute woman, which got her tease by the light hair girl.
The author got a good idea, did not do well at connecting all the issues they want to talk about though, feel pretty force. But like, it's a fun read about workplace homophobia. The trope I hate here is the forced kiss, don't just go around and sexual harass people..
Ps: how do I bold or italic on this site? -.-

last edited at Oct 11, 2020 10:51PM

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

It could be a translational error. The context of page 26-27 is they were talking about no way a cute person in their 20s still a virgin. The MC should reply with "I =was= a virgin", not "is". And the realization panel after that is just her realizing she didn't deny that she's a cute woman, which got her tease by the light hair girl.

I interpreted it both ways. But then again, this story is so messed up and has a lot of plot holes, that any kind of misinterpretation isn't readers' fault.

I've read the original. It's not a translation error. The author just has really shitty ideas about what virginity is.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

This was great. And no, the author does not have any shitty ideas about virginity. Tsuzuki was teasing the poor girl. Teasing homophobes or until-recently homophobes is top quality fun. You should try it sometime.

I now feel the need to amend this post because of the (willful) misinterpretation of "teasing homophobes." I wasn't advocating doing anything in person, but over the internet. Online games, forums, comment sections, and chat rooms. Not the local bar. I live in East Tennessee. I believe I understand the importance of keeping the fact that I'm not straight under wraps. Don't do it in person, and don't do anything that could be construed as sexual harassment, because that's a great way to get banned from places. We now return you to our regularly scheduled shitshow.

last edited at Oct 12, 2020 1:12AM

So you agree that lesbians are virgins unless they've had sex with men, then? Because that's what the author's idea of virginity is, according to both Pg5 and Pg26.

To reply you must either login or sign up.