Forum › A Cute Bird Comes To An Office Lady Who is Tired and Healed by Birdwatching discussion

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

This should also be tagged Educational

Images
joined Jun 11, 2020

I'll wait until we get the chapter with the egg laying tag

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

This so completely nonsensical, in a good way.

joined Feb 5, 2020

Aviansexual

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

For those discussing crows, have you ever seen crows mob an owl? Owls are generally bigger than crows, but that doesn't mean a thing when a dozen or more of the black monstrosities swarm the poor thing. Crows can be freakin VICIOUS to anything they think is an enemy.

A group of crows is actually called a murder.

joined Jan 14, 2020

For those discussing crows, have you ever seen crows mob an owl? Owls are generally bigger than crows, but that doesn't mean a thing when a dozen or more of the black monstrosities swarm the poor thing. Crows can be freakin VICIOUS to anything they think is an enemy.

A group of crows is actually called a murder.

What do you call two crows?

Attempted murder.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Either Pyoko is lying through her teeth or the crows in that neighbourhood are metal as fuck

Crow 1

Crow 2

joined Feb 24, 2019

Ooh, more harpy yuri! Not sure why, buy monster girls and human girls go so well together.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

a new challenger have enter the stage...

I'll wait until we get the chapter with the egg laying tag

yeah, i'm still waiting for that

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

aviansexual, dear lord, lmfao

Images
joined Sep 22, 2015

berb

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute. And looks like more plot is about to come knocking.

joined Aug 12, 2013

Okay, my time to shine! As someone who's adopted 19 rescues over the years, I know a thing or two about birbs (parrots). I know this has already been stated by others, but...

Touching a bird anywhere besides the beak, neck, or head sexually stimulates them. Only their mates will touch them elsewhere, and touching their back is especially stimulating since the only time they typically feel pressure on their backs is when they're being mounted. So, when you see someone touching a bird somewhere besides their head, it's freaking creepy.

Breeding behaviour, as stated by others, is strongly influenced by photoperiod. For this reason, I only have the lights on in my indoor aviary for 10 hours per day. One of the birds I adopted was a chronic egg layer, and she's only laid an egg once since coming to live with me, thanks to my strict light restrictions and not providing my birds with any potential nesting spots. Laying eggs is not only dangerous due to the potential for egg binding (i.e., the egg becomes stuck inside their body, which is often deadly), but also due to the fact that it can lead to mineral deficiencies as it requires a good amount of calcium, etc., to form egg shells. This is one of the reasons egg laying hens on factory farms are slaughtered after only a year. They're forced to lay an egg nearly everyday which is extremely taxing on their bodies, resulting in them becoming "spent" before their second birthday, meaning they'll be slaughtered and turned into low-quality animal feed while they're still extremely young.

As for crows, they're great people, but they can be nasty to other species. Crows are known for mobbing other animals, including ground predators such as foxes, and often go for the eyes. This is one of the reasons it's important to never leave your companion birds alone outside unattended, even when they're in a cage. There's been numerous instances when someone's taken their budgies (or other parrots) outside in their cage, left them alone for just a minute to grab something, only to come back and find them being viciously attacked through the bars of their cage by corvids. Corvids (especially magpies) are known for attacking pedestrians, typically going for the eyes. In some instances, humans have actually had their eyes gouged by corvids, resulting in full or partial blindness.

Oh, and I HATE the smell of birds. Parrots have this sickeningly sweet smell to them. My parrotlet, Noah, has a bit of a musk to him as well.

last edited at Oct 4, 2020 10:07AM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

^^^ This is really interesting!
On a related note, we finally have a comment section that is indisputably enriching. At least until someone starts debating the ethics of zoophilia.

joined Jan 2, 2016

Can someone tell me the name of the third manga on page 5 where it says next projects

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Can someone tell me the name of the third manga on page 5 where it says next projects

Ai Shite Iino wa, Karada dake/Can only Love One Body by Namaniku

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

eggs

Lecture De Cendre
joined May 10, 2021

Is this dead or dropped by the scanlation

To reply you must either login or sign up.