Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

So.... Majoccoid tweeted that the final chapter will be October 27th.

Just wanted to throw that out there so y'all can get those "Axe-kun" comments out of your system.

So.... Majoccoid tweeted that the final chapter will be October 27th.

Just wanted to throw that out there so y'all can get those "Axe-kun" comments out of your system.

Damn that's a bummer, at the same time there isn't much left to tell, I mean I would still like to see them do couple stuf and whatnot, but ya'kno whatever. They better be meeting the parents and then getting married for these last two chapters, Idk how the marriage one would work, but damnit I wanna see it.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

They're so cute... I ship them so much!! (o ≧ ꒳≦ )b

I don't mean to be mean but how do you ship a couple in an actual/canon relationship

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I don't mean to be mean but how do you ship a couple in an actual/canon relationship

Just becuase the ship is canon, doesn't mean it's not a ship.

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

The two flirty girls trying to hit on kanda and backing off after just a kiss was hilarious, I hope they appear in other works

joined Oct 22, 2018

So many funny moments in that extra.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Would that be a gunboat or a ship of the line?

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Although I couldn't help but feel a little sad over the premise, I feel that in real life something like this would never happen. The idea of a straight (?) girl who falls for a guy but still loves and accepts him when it's revealed that she was a girl all along... that's not how sexual orientation works, is it?

As a trans woman I can attest that it does work like that sometimes. I have plenty of friends who were in long-term relationships when they realized what was up, and some of them are still with their partners years later. It's not super common, no, but it's definitely a thing.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Would that be a gunboat or a ship of the line?

I was thinking more... present... like a heavy cruiser.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Is it just me or does it sometimes seem like Ookuma’s head is too small? Like here or here for example.

joined Jul 26, 2016

"Last ones were laid up 40 years ago" is... present?
thonk.jpg

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

thonk.jpg

Haha LOL

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

From now on, these two will always be Gaaooo and Nyaaaan to me.

Reduceimagesize.net_60kb_896
joined Jul 12, 2020

Sigh.... I'm looking for funny comments such as
"wow bottom kanda NOICE", or
"Sadistic satomi is hawt, she looks like a rich CEO lady fetching her girlfriend from the mobs with the way her jacket hanging on her shoulders havdhdshsh", or
"the kitten actually can ride the lion huh lmao"
in chp12 for the lols

And i was expecting (chp6.5)
"Ookuma is gei and she didnt know it...but it all changes when the fire nation attack-", "mission failed successfully" or "thats how we react when that one person in our group brags about their lover-" kinda comments.

but the thread on the previous and half of this page is too serious for me ╮(─▽─)╭

last edited at Sep 25, 2020 7:56PM

Seeing these extras really just hammers home how much I'm going to miss these two when this ends, I really liked how Kanda was represented as a tomboy, it was different compared to other stories, so I'm sad I won't see her anymore, hell even Ookuma grew on me. God I love these two they're so adorable. Get you someone that loves you and hypes you up as much as Ookuma does to Kanda.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Man, they could at least do enough chapters for a second volume.

joined Oct 22, 2018

thonk.jpg

Wait... there are no heavy cruisers around today?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Wait... there are no heavy cruisers around today?

Unless you count museum ships, no. The whole surface gunship paradigm died the death of obsolescence a long time ago; the relics were mostly kept around as flagships and amphibious-assault bombardement support or converted to carry proper missiles. As mentioned the last heavy cruisers were retired by 1980 - the USN famously stubbornly kept the Iowa-class battleships around until the early Nineties under increasingly implausible excuses pretty much solely because they had too big a fetish for the big lunks to junk them and enough spare budget to maintain such antiquarian white elephants.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Well, are battlecruisers or light cruisers still around, or will I need to settle for destroyers?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well, are battlecruisers or light cruisers still around, or will I need to settle for destroyers?

The closest you're gonna get is the Kirovs which are colloquially called "battlecruisers" in the West; the Russians onerously but precisely classify them as "heavy nuclear-powered guided missile cruisers" instead though.

Light cruisers are as dead as their larger younger brethren (heavy cruisers as a distinct class only appeared after the Great War while lights predated it).

These days "cruiser" is for the most just a somewhat boastful designation for the large end of the guided missile destroyer/frigate spectrum. It's practically speaking a matter of what particular flavor name you give the resident fighter class in an RPG tbh - eg. the French cheerfully call their analogs of the USN's missile cruisers "frigates".

joined Oct 22, 2018

Hmm... Thanks.
(Now I gotta choose between Kirovs and frigates.)

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Man, they could at least do enough chapters for a second volume.

There are six chapters plus extras in the first volume, which amount to a little more than 170 pages. The second volume currently has 150-ish pages. Both are pretty normal sizes for manga volumes.

I diagnose you with "failure to realize that the chapters are unusually long" syndrome.

5%20(1)~2
joined Dec 13, 2019

What happened here....

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

how the f did the board get into military simping

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I was enjoying this,but the spoiled girl insisting on calling the boyish girl a guy..it throws me off, I mean is Kanda person actually trans or just kinda plays along "looking like a boy" and stuff?

To reply you must either login or sign up.