Forum › She Becomes a Tree discussion

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I kinda want her to get human hands because of the power of yuri. Maybe the last panel of chapter 4 was that?
Something like the plot of the beast who needs someone to love him truly and he turns human again.

But her being a tree is such a big reason why Chishiro is attracted to her, though. And it's only really a problem for Kisaki because people are jerks.

joined Jul 4, 2018

I can see the flowers...
no, literally

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

But her being a tree is such a big reason why Chishiro is attracted to her, though. And it's only really a problem for Kisaki because people are jerks.

I don't think she is attracted to her because she's a tree hybrid. I think she embraces that side of her because Kisaki saved her because of her tree "powers".
But in the last panel where she has normal hands, Chishiro seems infatuated by looking at her, which means she would be attracted to her without the tree hands too. (whether that scene was Kisaki actually getting human hands, or simply Chishiro imagining her that way)

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Lol, Kisaki is totally into Bondage. I can feel it! xD

last edited at Sep 8, 2020 3:15AM

Rsz_tumblr_m8ybh0fbrb1r43rfao1_500
joined Jan 26, 2017

I just want to say I'm liking this one wayyy too much. Every chapter is bliss.

joined Apr 30, 2014

normal hand in last page of latest chapter.

Images
joined Jun 11, 2020

Aw that was adorable

joined Feb 22, 2018

That's just typical of Kisaki's coworkers: Instead of doing their pen work, they always leave her in the larch

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean, I totally get that she first and foremost loves Kisaki for her kindness and maturity.
But there's no way in heck Chisiro isn't also excited about what those vines can do.

Also that guy (?) in the penultimate panel had green hair. A brother? Is Woodman Syndrome genetic?

Look again, both her hands are wooden throughout the page. In the second panel, she's typing and using the mouse at the same time with her right hand, and a vine with a document is visible behind her on her left side.

last edited at Sep 10, 2020 12:03PM

439fd417db3b8250e628d9360cc82281
joined Jun 2, 2019

So, the last page is apparently a spin off of this, and since the bug have and the woman have the same last name as Kisaki. I'm gonna assume he's her brother(?) and his wife.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Look again, both her hands are wooden throughout the page. In the second panel, she's typing and using the mouse at the same time with her right hand, and a vine with a document is visible behind her on her left side.

That post was made before chapter 5 was released, just a few hours before. They're talking about chapter 4.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

"Right now"? Whose before? And whose that person cooking at the back???

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Jelbel posted:

So, the last page is apparently a spin off of this, and since the bug have and the woman have the same last name as Kisaki. I'm gonna assume he's her brother(?) and his wife.

That seems to be the case. The couple are from a comic that's so far only posted on Danbooru AFAIK.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

surprised pikachu face

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

I kinda want her to get human hands because of the power of yuri. Maybe the last panel of chapter 4 was that?
Something like the plot of the beast who needs someone to love him truly and he turns human again.

I wouldn't really like that. I don't want a plot that says that love can do anything, but one that tells the reader that love can go through an illness without healing it. That the healthy girl can fall in love with the tree-girl don't matter if she is "strange" o whatever, and that being totally normal. I think it's a good message.

But is only my opinion :) .

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Count me on board.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Wait...

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

bruh why do i want a tree girlfriend now tf is going on with my brain LMFAO, i love this mini series tho, its so fucking adorable

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Extras page: "My dead husband came back as an insect." Maybe, my Japanese is pretty basic but I think that's what it says.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Extras page: "My dead husband came back as an insect."

The long-lost sequel to The Metamorphosis sounds as freaky as the original.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Extras page: "My dead husband came back as an insect." Maybe, my Japanese is pretty basic but I think that's what it says.

Yep, that's what it says. RIP my dude.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I feel like Kisaki is lying or just doesn't know better on the last page. The real reason she doesn't say anything is that prejudice against other-than-us won't go away just because she blows up once or twice. That'll just result in more ostracizing. But, of course, she can't tell that to her kouhai who is too pure for the harsh social realities ATM.

Webp.net-compress-image
joined Aug 15, 2020

bruhh i was just about to comment. The Situation Where My Dead Husband Reincarnated Into an Insect
or something lmaoo

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Chishiro is too pure for this world.

I keep expecting something terrible will happen, like Kisaki suddenly takes root. Then Chishiro buys the land she's on and spends the rest of her life caring for her! ;_;

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

To reply you must either login or sign up.