Forum › Roche Limit discussion

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

lolis everywhere.

DschingisKhan
Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

You want to apply brutal photons to those cute freckles? Oh, the humanity!

I feel like this could use a sequel. Just a one-shot follow-up would probably be enough.

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

Oh shit Sen to Man's author draw Yuri too, I never know, wow

It's cute but ... errm..

candy76041820
%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

A nicely-done NTR.

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

How dense can you be?! Dx

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I liked it.
Also, I second this:

You want to apply brutal photons to those cute freckles? Oh, the humanity!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I totally forgot about this gem. Thanks for reminding me <3

last edited at Sep 26, 2015 10:13AM

joined Feb 15, 2013

lolis everywhere.

The funny thing is these girls probably are 20+, considering there is a Japan law on how underage manga character can't drink or something like that?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

lolis everywhere.

The funny thing is these girls probably are 20+, considering there is a Japan law on how underage manga character can't drink or something like that?

Well they are supposed to be older than they look and in Japan you can drink only when you are 21 if I remember correctly.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

It's common to have high school age manga characters drinking (in Girl Friends for instance) so that's not a law.

The drinking age in Japan is 20. In addition, if you're a college student (even a freshman) you're pretty much presumed to be old enough to drink. In fact, welcome parties with liquor for incoming freshmen are the norm. In addition, sweet sake, an alcoholic beverage with presumed health benefits is often drunk by children. In addition the drinking age laws are not that well enforced, and beer is sold in vending machines outside on the streets. In add... aww, whatever. But there's not much in the way of laws on public drunkenness.

__io_euclase_and_rosetta_granblue_fantasy_drawn_by_takishima_asaka__1d4a58edaca73c7fce39685c5353a2f6_crop
joined Dec 30, 2014

The only acceptable form of NTR

4888529%20_49b062906260ad84b9c4ba29a3fc40d1
joined Jul 25, 2014

NTRs back then were pure and innocent :v

%23spartasgirl
joined Jul 14, 2016

Okay, I missed this one the first time through. Definitely want to see a short followup. The happiest end would be the three of them as in a Poly relationship....

joined Mar 18, 2016

Ehhhhh. I have a bit of a problem with this one. It would be one thing if the dude was an asshole and treated her badly, but all evidence points to him being a good person. Which means the MC cheated. In fact the MC kinda annoyed me because she has a low opinion of herself, yet does nothing to change the aspects that she can. I dunno guys, but miss blonde was cute

Bahaha, I forgot that I commented on this, just reread it, and was surprised to find my opinion hasn't really changed. I wish I had a girlfriend like miss blonde, she seems like the type to be honest, but not cruel.

last edited at Aug 2, 2018 5:51PM

joined Jan 16, 2017

People think its cute, but all I got from this was that the MC cheated.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Ehhhhh. I have a bit of a problem with this one. It would be one thing if the dude was an asshole and treated her badly, but all evidence points to him being a good person. Which means the MC cheated.

Which is probably why she reached for "it doesn't count". Yukari also friendzoned Nazu rather effortlessly, so it's obvious that "counting" would do a number to both relationships. Instead, she just did something weird with her platonic best friend thanks to the power of alcohol, didn't cheat on her boyfriend and nothing changes.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Short sweet fluffy yuri NTR, how did you even come up with a story on that premise? claps

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I really like this manga. I get such a strong impression of who Yukari is from even this short story.

Just from this single episode, we can see that Yukari is so insecure that she's actually self-obsessed. She's so worried about herself that she doesn't really notice how other people feel, and she's so desperate for affirmation that she ends up using people. It's funny too, since she even realizes that's she's self-absorbed, but that's it's just one more flaw for her to obsess over.

Then, the next morning, at first she seems pretty freaked out, and tries to pretend it didn't happen, continuing to act without zero consideration for anyone else's feelings. Finally, she realizes she hurt her friend and tries to act decent for the first and only time in the story, and after that she just accepts the situation she's put herself in.

Overall, I get the impression that she won't say anything to her boyfriend but will beat herself up about how she fucked up, if only because she knows she should feel bad about it. She'll continue to cheat on him and continue to tell herself what an awful person she is, without ever truly realizing that this is a decision she made, and continues to make. She'll never even consider the fact that she might be hurting her best friend by sleeping with her.

last edited at Apr 12, 2019 12:56PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I really like this manga. I get such a strong impression of who Yukari is from even this short story.

Just from this single episode, we can see that Yukari is so insecure that she's actually self-obsessed. She's so worried about herself that she doesn't really notice how other people feel, and she's so desperate for affirmation that she ends up using people. It's funny too, since she even realizes that's she's self-absorbed, but that's it's just one more flaw for her to obsess over.

Then, the next morning, at first she seems pretty freaked out, and tries to pretend it didn't happen, continuing to act without zero consideration for anyone else's feelings. Finally, she realizes she hurt her friend and tries to act decent for the first and only time in the story, and after that she just accepts the situation she's put herself in.

Overall, I get the impression that she won't say anything to her boyfriend but will beat herself up about how she fucked up, if only because she knows she should feel bad about it. She'll continue to cheat on him and continue to tell herself what an awful person she is, without ever truly realizing that this is a decision she made, and continues to make. She'll never even consider the fact that she might be hurting her best friend by sleeping with her.

Considering what the title refers to...
"-- the Roche limit -- is the distance within which a celestial body, held together only by its own gravity, will disintegrate due to a second celestial body's tidal forces exceeding the first body's gravitational self-attraction."

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Oooh, I didn't realize that. What a great title.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^^ Well, now I understand why the name for the line between rings and major moons is in the title of this.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^ I just came to comment on this but was beaten to it by many months lol. I missed the origional release I guess.

And to put it a bit simpler, the roche limit is the closest something that is orbiting something else more massive (say a moon going round a planet) can be to it and still exist. If it got within that limit, its own gravity wouldnt be strong enough to keep it together any more and the bigger object would tear it to bits and pull it in.

So you never see things orbit within this distance- if a planet or moon etc tried to form that close the material will all just end up becoming part of the bigger thing. And if it drifted into that range already formed somehow, it wont be able to survive for long. That range obviously varies depending on the massess of the objects.

p.s we are only talking about celestial bodies obviously- not man made stuff.

p.p.s The roche limit isnt as clear cut for suns as it is hard bodied planets- its rare but you can get a binary star system where the 2 stars are obiting so close they partialy merge into each other- called a contact binary. I assume they have to be both of similar mass, and I dont know how long term stable they are..

last edited at Aug 27, 2020 1:22AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ There is a bit of a caviat when it comes to minor moons of gas giants though (minor moons, as opposed to major ones, aren't large and massive enough for their gravity to make them spherical, so they're basically just asteroids captured by their host planets gravity, mostly).
The Roche Limit generally tends to be where the outer edge of a planet's rings are. However, some minor moons can actually exist within the rings, not too far away from the rings' outer edge. I don't quite completely understand it myself, but it's got something to do with such quirks of orbital mechanics like resonances. Said quirks also cause ring gaps, even if there is no moon in the ring gap, as these gaps are mostly formed by moons on a moderate distance from their host planet, outside the Roche Limit, having an orbital resonance with whatever few objects orbit within the ring gaps.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Came for yuri, stayed for astrophysics

To reply you must either login or sign up.