Forum › Can't Defy the Lonely Girl discussion

joined Jun 12, 2019

Well it’s not the end? So there’s still hope. I do hate the friends route but that will lead to lovers I mean they both clearly and the obviously like each other

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I didn't have enough confidence to approach you. But luckily, I had just enough confidence to manipulate you

based and wholesome

last edited at Aug 26, 2020 4:30PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

last edited at Aug 26, 2020 5:31PM

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

My god, the density of this girl... it's approaching Bakarina levels!

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I agree that the whole, "please be my friend" and not, "please go out with me" was so out of fucking left field there's no believability to it at all.

joined Mar 25, 2019

I don’t understand why a lot of mangaka seem to view the confession as the endgame. There is a lot more to a relationship than just confessing your feelings. The couple getting together can be the start not the end, and there’s a lot you can write about people in a relationship without having to arbitrarily extend the will they won’t they phase. Kind of disappointed with this series ngl.

last edited at Aug 26, 2020 5:55PM

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Can't Date the Lonely Girl lmfao

joined Nov 21, 2018

I don't really mind this development because to the two of them, their relationship before was based on using/tricking each other. A slow burn friendship where they continue to build trust before becoming lovers suits me fine.

SuperSexyCommandoKyouko
Img_20200306_121603_955
joined Jun 6, 2020

Is that Poputepipikku on page 11?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Is that Poputepipikku on page 11?

I think so! Glad I'm not the only one who saw that reference.

Also at this point I'm just imaging that eventually, their entire group of friends is going to be shipping them and trying to get them together lol

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

"Friends" the most painful word when you don't feel that way

AHHHHH

joined Jan 14, 2020

But this trope of girls blurting out "I have something important to tell you... I really want to be friends!!!" in a romantic atmosphere doesn't have one iota of believability to it.

I forget how aware of her feelings black-hair is, or how clear her feelings are. But given that the relationship started in bribery and blackmail, I can see "I actually want to be friends" seems a reasonable first step.

I think Koisuru Asteroid had a lamer "let's be friends" 'confession'.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I just lost interest in the span of a single chapter. I simply don't have patience for when manga pull this kinda endlessly delaying stuff anymore.

I don’t understand why a lot of mangaka seem to view the confession as the endgame. There is a lot more to a relationship than just confessing your feelings. The couple getting together can be the start not the end, and there’s a lot you can write about people in a relationship without having to arbitrarily extend the will they won’t they phase. Kind of disappointed with this series ngl.

Right, that's the other thing that bothers me about this!! The reason the variety of failed-confession tropes are so ubiquitious seems to be because mangaka see a successful confession as the end of the manga, and do whatever they can to delay it, even if it involves hurting the quality of the story. But in the first place, there's no reason it has to end there, and it's actually rather annoying that that's the usual stopping point. I just don't have the patience to keep reading yuri manga that delay for years and then end the very moment it actually becomes yuri.

last edited at Aug 26, 2020 8:24PM by

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

this manga really has no flavor. She should of just confessed already so it would of been the last chapter. Why drag this on?

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO

Damn tho I really was hoping for a confession, we be clowning

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Can't Date the Lonely Girl lmfao

ACCURATE lol

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

this manga really has no flavor. She should of just confessed already so it would of been the last chapter. Why drag this on?

And peoples will have complain it was too short and got axed and so on. Remember that's it's only the 10th chapter, some yuri take muhc longer to come to this point. Why complain to have something not ending after so little chapters.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ah, yes, the FriendZone.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

And peoples will have complain it was too short and got axed and so on. Remember that's it's only the 10th chapter, some yuri take muhc longer to come to this point. Why complain to have something not ending after so little chapters.

I wouldn't mind if it was kept short. Not every yuri needs to be a long running series. That's how forced drama plots come about when it could of ended on a nice yet forgettable note.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

unfortunately no one gets pleased on this site

joined Mar 25, 2019

There’s no reason why the manga should end once they confess, unless the writer doesn’t know how to write people in a relationship. At this point this series is just going to collect more and more bad yuri tropes.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I could swear I've read this before...

SmallFriendlyScorpion
Smallfriendlyscorpioncompressed
joined Apr 25, 2020

Enjoying this greatly so far! XD

Also, I literally went through the possibilities of what Sakurai could say next when she said "I want to..."
..."Go out with her?" "Kiss her," or, "hug her some more?"

I CANNOT believe I did not account for the single most obvious result; must be that I haven't read enough yuri

last edited at Aug 27, 2020 6:12AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I mean, as soon as the other show up to listen, the outcome was obvious to me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.