Forum › The Nice Neighborhood Lady discussion

joined Jul 24, 2020

I WANT TO SEE THE LOVEY DOVEY STUFF

joined Jul 30, 2020

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️Kudos to you creator, you captured my heart

joined Jan 14, 2020

MUL discussion yesterday: "But is it okay to hope for a romantic outcome between the 17.5 year old and the under 30?"

Then I discover this. Different world!

joined Feb 27, 2018

I'm pretty sure the disturbing part is on purpose. It's funny because it's messed up.

I think Itou Hachi has a lot of disturbing stories they aren't telling, at least not yet. Even the fluffy stuff always seems to have some unanswered questions leading to nasty conclusions. Well, compared to being kept (and possibly raped) by your parent's killer, I think this story is hardly the most disturbing...

Wait... what?

joined Feb 27, 2018

MUL discussion yesterday: "But is it okay to hope for a romantic outcome between the 17.5 year old and the under 30?"

What’s MUL?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm pretty sure the disturbing part is on purpose. It's funny because it's messed up.

I think Itou Hachi has a lot of disturbing stories they aren't telling, at least not yet. Even the fluffy stuff always seems to have some unanswered questions leading to nasty conclusions. Well, compared to being kept (and possibly raped) by your parent's killer, I think this story is hardly the most disturbing...

Wait... what?

A fun read for all the family. JK, it's angsty as it can get. It's not suitable if you don't like vary dark story

joined Jan 14, 2020

What’s MUL?

My Unrequited Love

D128327e-fa10-43d2-99c7-a36c49d08390
joined Feb 21, 2018

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, is there a single corner of the internet that isn't infested with antis? It's not real, the characters aren't real, the happenings aren't real. And don't just accuse the author of being a pedophile, that's a big ass accusation that you should not throw at people lightly. If anything, it's that "everything is pedophilia" mindset that trivialize real pedophilia and child abuse.

Thank you, can you scream this louder for the people in the back? Also, there's one big part of the manga that hasn't been answered; is Onee-san a Lolicon? In my opinion, she isn't. She loves Oto-chan and Oto just happens to be a kid. No where in the manga did Onee-san mention loving kids or even ever said she likes Oto-chan as a kid. Basically did anyone actually read the story? As for chapter 3, the part where Onee-san mentions how much she likes Oto... It was clearly a joke >.> Y'know those scenes in anime where they ask their partner what they like about them and then their partner gives them a serious straight face and then spew out a bunch of words in fast paste. Yeah clearly the same energy. Um anyways, back to my point, Onee-san mentions her desires for Oto-chan not her desires on what to do with her "undeveloped" body. There's a difference between, "I love Oto-chan" and "I love Oto-chan as a kid". In all seriousness, can y'all chill? And appreciate this cute wholesome story? Ofc Onee-san has an unhealthy obsession with Oto-chan but that's like a basic anime character aesthetic. Kinda like an Otaku and their Idol¯_(ツ)_/¯ Pretty similar.

joined Feb 8, 2016

@DatYuriAddict: I so agree with you. There is never a mention of sex, never any inappropriate touching, and yet some of these same people seem to have no problem with the type of bdsm that is basically sexual abuse and listed as a mental disorder by noted psychiatric medical journals (of course I'm not talking about fluffy handcuffs and feather ticklers)! As soon as I come across something that bothers me, I close it and read another story. If I think something is really bad I may email the administrators, but that's it. I think Itou Hachi's stories tend to have a lot of emotion and underlying love and caring in them. I live in the U.S. which brags about its religiosity and yet has a huge amount of sex crimes every year (most from family and the church) and yet Japan, where I believe Hachi-sensei hails from has a very, very low ratio of sex crimes per capita of any developed nation. Some people need to get kicked off their high horse as we say and clean up your own house before poking fingers at others'!

joined Feb 27, 2018

What’s MUL?

My Unrequited Love

Oh yeah I’ve been reading that. Sorry kind of an idiot with abbreviations.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

jsrail posted:

and yet Japan (...) has a very, very low ratio of sex crimes per capita of any developed nation.

I agree with everything else (I said as much before in this thread), but that's 1 thing I need to point out. While crime in general in Japan is much lower, their sex crimes are actually quite high. The issue is most of sexual harassment and assaults are simply not getting reported either because of culture of shame (pretty similar in west honestly, where being raped is a stigma for life and people will judge you based on it, so many victims are afraid to confess) or coercion. Other thing is that Japan has atrocious sex crimes laws where rape is pretty much not counted as rape, which also influences statistics. As much as advanced country Japan is, they still have a lot of issues and it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Sex crime statistics are infamously unreliable absolutely everywhere for all the reasons mentioned above. Hell. All the assorted social and psychological hurdles for even reporting them properly pretty much result in a situation where in countries where the underlying societal dynamics actually the best - that is, the authorities actually hear about them in the first place because victims dare and feel it worthwhile to come to them at all - the numbers look the worst.

Lies, damned lies and statistics as it were. You can't just take datasets from entirely different contexts and blithely assume they're at all comparable.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

random posted:

You can't just take datasets from entirely different contexts and blithely assume they're at all comparable.

Exactly. I remember there was some outrage about 1 country that had the highest rate of something, I don't remember what it was, but it did not take into account that every country had different way to classify and sort it, so simply compering numbers made no sense. People forget laws and ways to enforce them are not the same everywhere.

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

The latest chapter shows that Onee-san doesn’t even know what WiFi is, and I think that raises many questions about her upbringing. Also, it might be just me but I think it is implied at the end that she finally had sex with Otone which raises, yet again, even more questions of where this story is going. I wonder if it’s going to go full dark or somehow have a redemption arc after a time skip or something.

last edited at Mar 18, 2021 2:37AM

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

weeee woooo weee woooo

Kaito13
joined Jul 5, 2020

Anyone knows what is the latest chapter for this? I know they translation is out up to ch5 but I was wondering if this is one of those cases where the raws are further ahead. Last chapter's cliffhanger was too strong and I really want to know what happens next, even if I can't read it.

Screenshot_2021-10-17-05-27-52-38
joined Jan 19, 2021

i've always enjoyed onee-san and loli pairings because of the cute warmth that often comes with it. but this one... ohohoho i get nothing but unsettling chills especially when i saw how clouded the onee-san's eyes were in that one panel :)

2020-06-26_02-04-48
joined Apr 11, 2021

Hello, with Mangadex down I was looking for another site not full of ads to read manga and since most of what I read is yuri I was recommended this site. Anyway, I wanted to re-read this one but I noticed it’s missing chapter 5 so I created an account to ask if it’s going to be uploaded or has it been licensed or something? Also, is there a way to know if a certain manga is up to date with current releases or do I have to check first on mangaupdates?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hi, welcome. Chapter 5 hasn't made it to the site because the group behind it, Fe Scans, hasn't yet granted us permission to host it here. Hopefully that will be solved soon.

Your second question is a bit more complicated to answer, but I suppose the safest way of seeing the accurate release schedule would be to use MangaUpdates, yes. I don't think it's often a problem for remaining current on series that are already here, but there are certainly exceptions, like this one. In most of those cases, the discussion thread would probably give a good answer as well.

last edited at Apr 11, 2021 2:23PM

2020-06-26_02-04-48
joined Apr 11, 2021

Thank you for the answer. So, far I’ve only found this one not being up to date but that made me doubt if maybe I also missed something with the other manga I read, thanks for clarifying.

joined Dec 26, 2015

Honestly, I'm reading this manga to feel creeped out. I enjoy horror and the suspense it creates, like is onee-san ever going to get caught and thrown in jail. I want to know. Itou Hachi is a great horror yuri artist and I want to be creeped out by her for years to come

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I feel terrible for laughing hard at the detailed description at the end xDDD

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Am I a bad person if I want to see this car crash play out fully?

joined Jun 21, 2021

I already know I'm going to yuri hell for this but-

Worth it.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Oh yeah, I should have read more Itou Hachi sooner.
Love the subtle creep factor, how cute yet wrong it all feels.
Also this.
Can't wait to read the rest of it later.

To reply you must either login or sign up.