Forum › Posts by Spoopycats

joined Dec 26, 2015

"We're girls, we can soar through the sky too you know."

Hold up, girls can fly?
I like my weiner but maybe a sex change would be worth it suddenly...

be a girl with a weiner, keep it AND fly

Spoopycats
joined Dec 26, 2015

!!!!!!!

Spoopycats
joined Dec 26, 2015

I wonder if the story is different from Risa's pov. I don't know if could actually categorize her actions as selfish when there's not too much we actually know about her that is not from Yuka's lens. I don't know too much about polyamory and while I don't think they have the best dynamic when it comes from communication, I do wonder what the hot take is from people are poly

Spoopycats
Image Comments 19 Aug 04:45
joined Dec 26, 2015
E8cffruvoawpvgy-orig

^takamori read it on stream and are cosplaying as yuu and touko. There's other works like this that are tagged similarly, one by nio nakatani herself

Spoopycats
joined Dec 26, 2015

Ahhhhhhhhh, I want to know what happens next

last edited at Aug 17, 2021 7:04PM

joined Dec 26, 2015

Every chapter is a rollercoaster, I love it

Spoopycats
joined Dec 26, 2015

I thought she was turned on because the other girl was embarrassed and blush-y

Spoopycats
joined Dec 26, 2015

yikes

Spoopycats
Lost discussion 12 Jul 03:56
joined Dec 26, 2015

I heard it's actually a problem in Japan where women would often disappear and it really makes me think about all the boxes we put women in and expect them to just comply

Spoopycats
joined Dec 26, 2015

I liked it. It feels realistic to me. I mean Kiyo decided to stop running, but sometimes that leads to questionable endings. Like maybe this is the bad end, because Ayumi never disclosed her current relationship with rando-guy, etc. Or maybe this is the start of the happy poly end, where everyone gets what they want. In the end, Kiyo made the decision not to run from her problems and that's an overall good thing

Alternate reading would be Kiyo only said she'll be Ayumi's girlfriend so she can use the shower and then book it again when the rain ends. It's not like they live near each other, and Ayumi's in no position to call her out

Spoopycats
joined Dec 26, 2015

It's always interesting to see comments debating polyamory and threesomes whenever something ends in an OT3 and I think I just really appreciate the manga understanding the discourse and knowing that the adults will get mad

Spoopycats
joined Dec 26, 2015

I like reading about toxic relationships as long as the author realizes that's what they're writing

Yep, same. They're fun to read when it's clear that that's the author's intent

Spoopycats
Image Comments 05 Jun 11:41
joined Dec 26, 2015
88947411_p2

^ for me it was when it was revealed that Ceylon was initially interested in studying origium because she wanted to help Schwarz

Spoopycats
joined Dec 26, 2015

Im pretty sure there is not a single dynasty scans comment section without someone saying "meh" and complaints about the moral integrity of a comedy yuri manga

It isn't dynasty scans if someone isn't complaining about the lack of moral/relationship perfection.

And if there ever were a series that embodied moral perfection, there’d be lectures about how unhealthy it was to set a standard that no one could attain.

Yup. Round and round we go on here, always the same cycle.

Fourth based

Y'all know you can ignore them right?

Spoopycats
joined Dec 26, 2015

I feel like what generally appeals to me about ABO is that even though you have these common stereotypes that each role is supposed to fill, most well-written ABO fics buck that trend and depict the stereotypes as conditioned by society rather than the rule. And you sometimes have more nuanced protagonists who are in conflict with what society expects them to do in regards to their given role and what they actually feel, which is interesting to me as a reader

But also a lot of ABO is bogged down by bad writing and "whoops, biology ate your consent" that I completely understand when people are super put off by it

Spoopycats
joined Dec 26, 2015

I thought I knew what I was getting myself into after skimming the comments here, but I was completely wrong. This manga was so mangled and poorly executed, it felt like the author forgot what they had written because they had an ending planned and by the time they decided to go back to their ending, shit was already too far gone and starts reading like a justification for misogynistic abuse

All in all, I wished the author took their own advice and went on a different path than this poorly executed ending. I had emotions during the middle but the ending was so blegh, I would like my emotions back and my memory wiped

Spoopycats
joined Dec 26, 2015

I like this story. It reflects the reality some people have to face. And reality is sometimes sad and not what we want. Simply moving somewhere where your love can be accepted is often not an option for numerous reasons, finances, friends, and family being among them.

I think it's hard for people to accept that. We want them to be gay and happy together. But their lives are they're own. There are some works of fiction that use fantastical elements to create an engaging narrative, and then there are some that simply holds a mirror to reflect the values of the society they're written in, and this story is the latter

Arranged marriages are a thing. Marriage and children are still seen as the end goal for a happy life. Sometimes relationships you don't want ending has to end because society demands it. The story is sad, because those expectations lead to sadness in the people who are expected to follow them. Not everyone is a revolutionary, no everyone can yell, screw you, to the expectations thrusted on them. They accept it to live and adapt, and it's sad but it's also life. No matter what you choose to do, you have to sacrifice something, and be there to live with the consequences

joined Dec 26, 2015

Sadistic Beauty is an older Korean BDSM webcomic that went on hiatus for a million years and then came back. Kinda... well, really not so great consent in lots of parts. Read it when I was younger and hornier and found out it came off hiatus a while back. Did not age well imo. But when the sex is good, man, it's good, and Gyerin is a side character in it who shows up to seduce the main dom opposite the sub protagonist. They have lots of hot sex and then she fades out of the story, but I guess that either the author or the fans liked her enough that they wanted more, so... this was born, I guess?

Fingers crossed that this goes well!

Well, with the explanation was enough, you didn't need to spoil the whole story but thanks

That was hardly a spoiler lol

joined Dec 26, 2015

Honestly, I'm reading this manga to feel creeped out. I enjoy horror and the suspense it creates, like is onee-san ever going to get caught and thrown in jail. I want to know. Itou Hachi is a great horror yuri artist and I want to be creeped out by her for years to come

Spoopycats
joined Dec 26, 2015

I'm just saying but why even bother putting this bisexual garbage on here? Why not only yuri?

Bisexual women can still make yuri don’t be homophobic. You can also NOT read anything with the bisexual tag if you’re really bothered by it.

i think they mean that this is supossed to be a yuri website but this story seems more like a het one than a bisexual one

Just because a story ends up het, which according to spoilers, this one doesn't, doesn't mean that it isn't yuri. All that is required to be yuri is to have at least one character who is a woman that loves women. Which this one does. And how does this seem more het than bisexual? This feels as bisexual as you can get lmfao. The main characters obviously expressed romantic feelings for both genders....

Also even if it is a het story, Dynasty Scans has never been a "yuri only" website. There are plenty of non yuri works here even if it is in the minority.

if it ends up het the story it's not yuri,it is "bisexual" but not yuri.Yuri it's supossed to be romance about two females so if one them end up with a man then it's not xD (i'm gonna read it either way cuz i'm bi and i don't really mind,at least this is specifically "bisexual" and not that yuri-bait or the "woman who haven't meet the right guy" shit that you see a lot in animes)
And sorry my bad then,i thought it was a yuri website haha

Look, I feel like you have a fundamental misunderstanding on what Yuri is, so here:

Yuri can describe any anime or manga series (or other derivative media, i.e., fan fiction, film, etc.) that shows intense emotional connection, romantic love or physical desire between women. Yuri is not a genre confined by the gender or age of the audience, but by the perception of the audience.

Source: https://www.yuricon.com/what-is-yuricon/#whatisyuri

Bisexuality is within the sphere of yuri. It's not meant to stand for lesbian, and I feel like to make it so is to limit it's potential of expression. Also I'm sorry to use you as an example, I just heavily dislike misinformation

joined Dec 26, 2015

Itou Hachi with no loli feels like I've stepped into an alternate reality lol

Spoopycats
Image Comments 10 Apr 05:43
joined Dec 26, 2015
Emn64w4u8aehecg-orig

One of my favorite things about this event is them downplaying the incest by having Zofia go like, "Family trees are complicated, Margaret just went like "any, well, um. She's basically your aunt."" To Maria.

But my brain just went like, did you and Margaret date?? Is that what that meant???

last edited at Apr 10, 2021 5:44AM

Spoopycats
Mousou Envy discussion 20 Feb 05:51
joined Dec 26, 2015

I randomly happened across this manga, and like all the discussions about the sexual coercion reminds me that some people are just curdled milk

It's like super clear that MC did a bad thing. Kodama Naoko likes trash people and that's okay, this is fiction, but sexual coercion is bad

like we can debate about whether or not it is sexual coercion, but like, baseline: sexual coercion = bad

And for the person that's like "sex is fun, how is this bad," lol no one said sex isn't fun, but being talked into sex low key sucks; you just end up regretting it later, and wonder to yourself how did I let that happen and sometimes you feel a little bit blegh about the whole thing

they're both bad people, it's okay to like bad people, but trying to justify their shitty behavior because it's being done to a trash person makes you an unappetizing asshole

I can't wait to happen across this manga again years later to read more discourse lol

joined Dec 26, 2015

Some people are awfully judgmental here. Between consenting adults, very few things are off the table.

If one likes pain and the other gets her kick out of inflicting pain, who are you to look at them with contempt or disgust?

it would be one thing if the author added just 2 speech bubbles like, "hey what if I beat you up?", "o yeah I'm down" then it's like consent established, continue with the kink

but no there was nothing, lol

without any of that, it really just looks like someone suddenly just got violent. and like in bdsm, stuff like this can get heavy and you need aftercare to like come down from an experience

it's not a matter of people just being judgy or kinkshaming, but people having concerns when a work mentions a kink, but goes about odd and sometimes harmful ways to portray it that runs contrary to what the actual kink can be like

Spoopycats
Image Comments 03 Sep 05:41
joined Dec 26, 2015

To add on, Catra IS smart, and a good leader, tactician. I feel like she's kind of like Bubblegum where she's a genius but has the emotional capacity of a lollipop. High IQ =/= High EQ