Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

joined May 29, 2019

Unpopular opinion: reiichi isnt a bad person

He's made some bad choices, aka even getting married in the first place, but he hasn't cheated and has only spoken to his ex for advice. He didn't even sought her out she just was there naturally from.work. He didn't want to hurt Karou and has done what he thinks is best for her, we know that's obviously wrong but I don't think he's a bad guy so it's weird that everyone on here is like OMG REIICHI IS THE DEVIL I HATE HIM. I hate the "evil/dickhead man" in Yuri trope so I'm glad we don't have it here

He may not be a bad person but he's a terrible husband, and that's easy enough to hate. I can't imagine marrying someone fully knowing that I'll never love them the way they love me, who would deserve that? And he's basically like "If I never love you more why would that be a problem in our marriage?" That's pretty cruel to me, though I can accept that people value marriage differently. It's just if I were in her shoes I'd be extremely hurt and in a rage.

Though I'll admit, since it seems she had her doubts all along, they clearly weren't being honest with each other their entire marriage so this mess isn't solely on his ginormous shoulders alone. Only mostly.

Also working and meeting with your ex and never mentioning it to your spouse is wrong as heck.

joined Feb 5, 2020

Divorce :)

WE WANT

DIVOOOOOOOOORRRRCE

DIVORCE! DIVORCE! DIVORCE!

YESSSSSS DIVORCE! DIVORCE! KAORU IS BI!
LET'S GO LESBIANS LET'S GO!

YYEEEAAAH GEETT INTOOO ITT!!!
GO GO DIVORCE! WHOO!

FUCK YEAH TIME TO SIGN THOSE PAPERS!!!

Never thought I'd be joining a chant for divorce but... D I V O R C E

last edited at Jul 19, 2020 5:06AM

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

"Do we need to like each other to be married?"
Yes, since she loves you. Wtf man, either learn to love her or leave her be.

Can you really learn to love somebody?

Unknown%20(1)
joined Jan 30, 2019

divorce his ass and go bang risako he'll cry

joined Jun 19, 2020

You know they say the people are happier when they're with someone who likes them than who they like

Divorce i say

joined Jun 7, 2019

well after learning that RinPana from love live is canon, no drama can affect me at this point xD

joined Jul 8, 2020

WE WANT

DIVOOOOOOOOORRRRCE

GO GO DIVORCE! WHOO!

HECK YEAH. LETS GO UTA! LETS GO LESBIAN LETS GOOO

joined Jan 21, 2020

well after learning that RinPana from love live is canon, no drama can affect me at this point xD

Wait actually ?

joined Dec 13, 2013

i was pretty much excited while reading this but then the “do we have to like each other the same way to be married” made me laugh so much i just couldnt keep reading like DUDE??????

Bang%20dream!_%20episode%2013%20_%20we%20sang!-min
joined Nov 15, 2018

Thought i had a case of deja vu but no ive just been reading 2 diff versions (this one and the mangadex one) lol

last edited at Jul 19, 2020 9:41AM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I saw this angle on the early take of the manga, the marriage was bound to fail. Not because of the yuri tag but how the author presents Kaoru. That is why I always follow the 'no cheating' because of this pattern. Chap34 is long overdue talk between spouses. I think this is the part where it explains partially on how Uta and Reiichi differs in terms of personality and disposition.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So has anybody out there ever had occasion to use the “Yes, I was lying to you about meeting my ex, but we weren’t having sex, I was just unburdening myself emotionally to them about how I don’t really love you, so it’s not cheating” gambit?

If so, how did it go over?

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Reiichi is a monster.

joined Jan 14, 2020

So has anybody out there ever had occasion to use the “Yes, I was lying to you about meeting my ex, but we weren’t having sex, I was just unburdening myself emotionally to them about how I don’t really love you, so it’s not cheating” gambit?

If so, how did it go over?

Reichii did say it was a betrayal anyway. Plus a strong hint that the main reason they didn't have sex was Risako's prudence.

last edited at Jul 19, 2020 3:16PM

joined Jan 31, 2013

Wait actually ?

Huh? Where? How? Link the source please :O

joined Oct 23, 2016

Mangadex already has chapter 35 up, and by the fucking gods!!!

Whoever said Risako was into Kaoru, you guys were fucking right. She has been in love with Kaoru since high school, but has been supressing her emotions and drowning them with work. Its crazy, maybe we will get a confession out of her if Kaoru decides to see her again, since Risako told her she would talk more about said feelings if Kaoru decided to go out with her again. Also, there is a possibility and a strong one, that we might get a yuri ending, with Uta and Kaoru, simply by the last pages of chapter 35. Its possible Kaoru will break it off with Reiichi, take some time alone, then communicate with Uta. We might get a time jump after a Risako confession and Kaoru rejection. Guys...strap on in, cus its going to be a wild ride now.

last edited at Jul 19, 2020 2:20PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Guys...strap on in, cus its going to be a wild ride now.

Fuckin' finally!

joined May 1, 2013

ok but that guy's head is just so small though. Look at it. It's. It's so tiny.

Anyway, so everyone involved is a decent person (though some are very stupid), and being the target of unrequited love can be just as hard as having unrequited feelings, because of the pressure of not hurting the person. And Reiichi's real tragedy is, he doesn't have friends and doesn't know how to make any. Instead of just being Risako's friend. he makes it this weird half-cheating thing.

It seems very very likely that they'll get divorced and we'll jump ahead five years and Kaoru has gained self-confidence and then she randomly runs into Uta and they leave together and the manga ends. Which, y'know, sure. The only real tension left is if Risako and Reiichi will end up together (and if that happens I'll be pisssssssed)

I just want a spin-off where Risako mentors the cat pigtail girl about how to be a bad-ass business lesbian.

last edited at Jul 19, 2020 3:08PM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Unrelated but, Rinpana is official?

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Mangadex already has chapter 35 up, and by the fucking gods!!!

Whoever said Risako was into Kaoru, you guys were fucking right. She has been in love with Kaoru since high school, but has been supressing her emotions and drowning them with work. Its crazy, maybe we will get a confession out of her if Kaoru decides to see her again, since Risako told her she would talk more about said feelings if Kaoru decided to go out with her again. Also, there is a possibility and a strong one, that we might get a yuri ending, with Uta and Kaoru, simply by the last pages of chapter 35. Its possible Kaoru will break it off with Reiichi, take some time alone, then communicate with Uta. We might get a time jump after a Risako confession and Kaoru rejection. Guys...strap on in, cus its going to be a wild ride now.

Ah shit..

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Oh wait i thought it was Ch.35 who were uploaded and not 34 since the chapter upload on Mangadex was the 35.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Divorce

joined Oct 2, 2019

For much of history marriage has been a economic partnership if not indeed a contract between families. "We're married to take care of each other" is hardly alien, nor intrinsically abusive -- the problem is that R and K weren't on the same wavelength. She's in love and romantic, he was taking care of his childhood friend -- and maybe hoping he would fall more in love with her. Fake it until you make it. And he probably does love her, to go through all this... just not "in" love.

If she's ready to move on then it's a situation ripe for amicable no-fault divorce.

He's not totally off the hook -- IIRC he did lie to her about where he was, when she ran into him and Ritsako and had her head injury.

Hmm, why would he lie if they were just chatting? Should we be doubting his story even now?

Even Risako lied about meeting with him in early chapters. It's just gets confusing... Like, why? They were friends, Kaoru and Reiichi were friends with Risako, they know it, also the part were Reiichi and Risako dated, everything's known until now, even Uta knows it because Risako told her... Reiichi could've told Kaoru that he was working with Risako, and that's it, but neither that.

67796623_2919817304757747_5022259989704605696_n
joined Jun 2, 2019

WE WANT

DIVOOOOOOOOORRRRCE

GO GO DIVORCE! WHOO!

HECK YEAH. LETS GO UTA! LETS GO LESBIAN LETS GOOO

TURN UP THE GAY SHIT

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh boy, something maybe is about to happen! Very exciting.

Given the excruciating rate it has taken for Kaoru to find out for certain that her marriage is not all that, but her response to that epiphany is not that she has decided to move on, but that she still “wants to start over with Reiichi”, any hypothetical reevaluation of her sexuality (let us recall that Kaoru has never shown the slightest inclination toward same-sex romantic attraction) and finding a new partner (Risako or Uta) would take, what, about 100 more chapters?

The most logical outcome is an Ultimate Unrequited Singularity:

• Uta’s love for Kaoru is not returned
  • Kaoru’s love for Reiichi is not returned
  • Reiichi’s love for Risako is not returned
  • Risako’s love for Kaoru is not returned

Perfect symmetry would seem to require that somebody love Uta who she doesn’t love back, but Uta (presently “watching [Kaoru] from afar”) is only a side character anyway.

In the alternative, Kaoru snaps gay.

last edited at Jul 19, 2020 4:17PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.