Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Still rooting for you Tarumi. I hope Shima at least tries to stay friends with her and doesn't let Adachi's jealously rule over her.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I really enjoyed another chapter in Shimamura's head, even if she was sleeping for most of it. The meta chapter...it felt like three stories woven into one without much signaling. My main takeaway from that is that this author really likes aliens for whatever reason. :?

Thanks for the updates!

joined Jul 15, 2020

Yayy, OL story continues. I seriously wouldn't mind reading a spin-off series centered around these two. Thank you for the updates, sneikkimies and team!

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Hmm I wonder when the next book was written if it has been written? Are we up to date with the most recent release or no?

There's a contrast between dreaming Shima and awake Shima, in that awake Shima seems to have less reservations about her relationship with Adachi. But it is heartening to see that in her heart she also wants to preserve her memories with Tarumi. Because whatever they are now, those are precious memories to her that were a light for her and they don't take away from her relationship to Adachi now. That's a complex idea which was beautifully carried out in chapter 6.

Guess Iruma-sensei really does like the idea of them being fated to meet each other. The AUs are a little weird though because it's still not clear how they're meant to fit in to the main story.

I'm happy to see Yashiro again. I knew she would continue being relevant to the main story and be pulling some spooky alien antics.

joined Jul 13, 2014

Thank you for all the translated volumes so far. This series has sparked my interest in reading LN again. So I just went and bought the latest volume(could not find the rest in my country) alongside YagaKimi(s). I hope my Japanese reading improves after reading it. Of course, I'm looking forward to English translation too.

I wonder when the next book was written if it has been written?

There is one more.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I like how they're fated to meet each other even as OLs

last edited at Jul 16, 2020 3:47AM

It's called fate and it's great. Aside from that, my hearttttt: Shimamura thinks Adachi would make fun of herrr, girlies needa talk.
I am overjoyed seeing Shimamura's emotions slowly deepen, Adachi needs to hear it, it would possibly help her possessiveness to ease up some more.
Also poor Shimamura having to see her middle school self, truly isn't ever a nice thing to revisit for most people.

Thanks to the team for all the translations as always.

Enh7gsfxuaipynw
joined Jun 13, 2020

The chapters were as great as Shima introspection chapters always are. As much as I enjoy fluff, the part I liked the most was Shima clearly delineating what is "too much" from Adachi. It's understandable that they still need to work a few things out.
Now that Adachi is finally able to speak her mind most of the time, I hope the next development can lead to Shima being able to talk more openly to her about how she feels.

My main takeaway from that is that this author really likes aliens for whatever reason. :?

You have no idea. Source: recently got done reading volume 6 of Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko.
That series utilizes the concept of "aliens" in so many ways.

last edited at Jul 16, 2020 9:38AM

joined Jul 16, 2020

love
just love

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Also, while I can appreciate the attempt to make the spreads work better, having them half-sized like in the latest PDF might not be the best solution, and it screws up the table of contents, I actually had to go back some pages to get to the start of the new chapters.

Hmm, yeah. I don't really know a good solution to that. The main reason why I started doing it this way is because in the next chapter, the spreads are all messed up and wouldn't work with the previous method (wrong aspect ratio). Oh, and thanks for pointing out the toc issue, I completely forgot about that. Should be fixed now.

I know I've seen PDFs with some pages in different sizes, so it should be possible to create one with proper double width spreads , although I don't quite know whether it might need some more advanced publishing software... Might be possible to simply have these pages in landscape orientation with no or less white space and not quite as much smaller size, though . After some quick testing I've come to the conclusion that even MS Word can do this by simply setting a selection's paper size and orientation to the necessary settings.

joined Mar 11, 2020

I like how they are fated to meet >\<
I noticed we have two illustrations about the au stories:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/adachi_and_shimamura_novel_ch01_6#4

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

Also, while I can appreciate the attempt to make the spreads work better, having them half-sized like in the latest PDF might not be the best solution, and it screws up the table of contents, I actually had to go back some pages to get to the start of the new chapters.

Hmm, yeah. I don't really know a good solution to that. The main reason why I started doing it this way is because in the next chapter, the spreads are all messed up and wouldn't work with the previous method (wrong aspect ratio). Oh, and thanks for pointing out the toc issue, I completely forgot about that. Should be fixed now.

I know I've seen PDFs with some pages in different sizes, so it should be possible to create one with proper double width spreads , although I don't quite know whether it might need some more advanced publishing software... Might be possible to simply have these pages in landscape orientation with no or less white space and not quite as much smaller size, though . After some quick testing I've come to the conclusion that even MS Word can do this by simply setting a selection's paper size and orientation to the necessary settings.

Oh damn, you're actually right. I'm not sure why I always had this idea that with PDF, every page needs to have the same aspect ratio. Turns out that they don't. Thanks a bunch, seriously. I'll have a fixed version uploaded as soon as possible.

last edited at Jul 16, 2020 2:48PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh damn, you're actually right. I'm not sure why I always had this idea that with PDF, every page needs to have the same aspect ratio. Turns out that they don't. Thanks a bunch, seriously. I'll have a fixed version uploaded as soon as possible.

Glad to be of service, and looking forward to the updated version. ^_^

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

The dreams were so good.
So Shimamura doesn't want a world with only her and Adachi, she would prefer being alone than that. Adachi would really have to adjust or she'll lose Shimamura sooner or later.

joined Oct 5, 2016

The Tarumi situation is interesting. Shimamura wants to still be friends with her, but then also at some level I think she does understand that Tarumi is hitting on her, which is part of the reason she feels extra awkward about the whole situation. She'd even probably be open to it if it wasn't for Adachi, but she prefers Adachi. But she'd still like to be friends.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

The Tarumi situation is interesting. Shimamura wants to still be friends with her, but then also at some level I think she does understand that Tarumi is hitting on her, which is part of the reason she feels extra awkward about the whole situation. She'd even probably be open to it if it wasn't for Adachi, but she prefers Adachi. But she'd still like to be friends.

She prefered Adachi ? Or she chose her because it just so happens that Adachi was the first one to ask her out? What if it was Tarumi who confessed first, would Shimamura say yes?
She admit in this chapter that she is not ready to reciprocate Adachi's feelings yet, even though she already said "i love you" to her a couple of chapters back. Seems like Shimamura is feeding Adachi sweet words that are not from the heart.
Her dreams made me think about these things.

But still, looking forward to volume 8! Maybe she can finally and truly fall in love with Adachi in the next volume. Thanks sneikk and team!

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

What if it was Tarumi who confessed first, would Shimamura say yes?

Shima wouldn't have accepted her confession, as before the Gon chapters, something as bothersome as other's feelings wouldn't be something she'd want to have to deal with. After the Gon chapters it's clear she prioritizes Adachi and even before the Gon chapters, she thinks of Adachi when she's hanging out with Tarumi. Not to mention the most recent chapters with Iruma's heavy-handed fate explorations show Shima and Adachi always find each other.

Seems like Shimamura is feeding Adachi sweet words that are not from the heart.

I think there is a difference between dreaming and awake Shima. After all awake Shima doesn't remember her dreams. The novel even goes out of its way to say that even if she remembered her dreams, nothing big would change. Because dreams are only fabrications of the mind, and being able to confront both reality and the past is more crucial. The things that dreaming Shima think of are important and explore more complicated aspects of their relationship, but they're also a distorted reflection of reality. What awake Shima does with them is far more important than what the specific contents were. And awake Shima's first response upon talking about their date is to have a note of ecstasy in her voice and feel happy that she could fight the real world with someone by her side. And feel vulnerable enough to not want her girlfriend to make fun of her. Even in her mind she calls Adachi her girlfriend.

So basically they've got some issues they need to work through, but their affection for each other is also real and likely growing on Shima's end. Just like any relationship really.

joined Jan 25, 2017

While the question of how Shimamura feels about Tarumi/what would've happened if Tarumi made a move before Adachi is an interesting one, I don't think Shimamura's confusion suggests anything close to the idea that she isn't into Adachi - I more get the impression that she's just, as we know, young and inexperienced and trying to sort out precisely what it is that she does feel and what she's comfortable doing about that.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

[...] and even before the Gon chapters, she thinks of Adachi when she's hanging out with Tarumi.

Yeah, the way she was always thinking about Adachi even when being with Tarumi really makes me think a Tarumi confession would have gone about like this:

Tarumi: "Shima, would you go out with me?"

Shima: "Sorry, no."

Shima thinking: I wonder what I would have said if Adachi had asked this?

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

The Shimamura-Dreams were certainly something, great to see that she is kind of excited for the date lol.
The AU-stories were a little bit confusing this time, especially the one with the aliens (I thought that was about Yashiro at first lol), but still a great way to show just how crucial Adashima is for the world, haha, and of course it's amazing, because fate is a JoJo-Reference for Part 5 and 6 especially.
Haaah, that was a pretty cool Volume, the third chapter is still one of my favorite, the two lesbiabz are just too precious and interesting.
The "theme" (I guess?) for the anime sounds pretty epic btw.

last edited at Jul 17, 2020 6:42PM

Read_AdaShima
joined Jul 18, 2020

She prefered Adachi ? Or she chose her because it just so happens that Adachi was the first one to ask her out? What if it was Tarumi who confessed first, would Shimamura say yes?

Tarumi never had a chance to begin with. Shimamura outright thought that their friendship once failed because of Tarumi. Even if Shimamura didn't meet Adachi in highschool, she would've rejected Tarumi. Along with Gon, Adachi was one of the two who are precious to Shimamura and the only one who make her dull life more interesting. Iruma just wrote how Adachi and Shimamura are fated with each other. So basically, if Adachi didn't meet Shimamura in high school, they're gonna meet and fall for each other somewhere else. If Adachi didn't fall for Shimamura first, Shimamura is the one who gonna fall for Adachi first.

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

[...] and even before the Gon chapters, she thinks of Adachi when she's hanging out with Tarumi.

Yeah, the way she was always thinking about Adachi even when being with Tarumi really makes me think a Tarumi confession would have gone about like this:

Tarumi: "Shima, would you go out with me?"

Shima: "Sorry, no."

Shima thinking: I wonder what I would have said if Adachi had asked this?

The deadpan Shima answer just made me laugh out loud hahaha

joined Aug 19, 2019

After volume 7, the next volume was released after more than 2 and half years later. That was the most difficult time for Adashima fans; Mani's manga was canceled, Iruma-sensei rarely posted anything adashima related and it really felt like adashima was going to get cancelled anytime.
And then...

AND THEN

Iruma-sensei gave us volume 8. No spoilers of course, but it was the kind of volume that you didn't mind waiting for 10 years till the next book is released.

last edited at Jul 19, 2020 2:55PM

C3784868-0dc9-4f27-ae0c-dbc09a53b843
joined Oct 16, 2019

Iruma-sensei gave us volume 8. No spoilers of course, but it was the kind of volume that you didn't mind waiting for 10 years till the next book was released.

Raising the expectation bars? ;D

joined Aug 19, 2019

Raising the expectation bars? ;D

All I can say is that Non slighlty changed her art style in volume 8 and the illustrations are very beautiful.

To reply you must either login or sign up.