Forum › Catulus Syndrome discussion

joined Dec 5, 2018

Wait a minute. Didnt the Early chapters staten the Catalus only activates when you reach a certain age?

Like with her human ears litterally Falling off and such?

there are special case that the person already infected with catulus syndrome since they were in the wrom. Yuki is that special case and those that are like that have even more cat like behave than those that have it at a certain age

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

Wait a minute. Didnt the Early chapters staten the Catalus only activates when you reach a certain age?

That's the reason she's called a congenital Catalus several times in the series. Congenital means an illness that effects someone at birth.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

there are special case that the person already infected with catulus syndrome since they were in the wrom. Yuki is that special case and those that are like that have even more cat like behave than those that have it at a certain age

It may have been a while But im sure that the Early chapters contradicts this

last edited at May 24, 2020 4:35AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I didn’t know i needed to see small yuki.. but i got blessed

Ikr?! The whole album being in colour was a blessing in itself. First time they've shown her mother too, she had a choker but I couldn't notice ears, is she also a catulus?

From what i can see from the latest chapter, because yes Yuki's mom will finally make a real appearance, Yuki's mom have human ears so she is most likely a human.

According to the early chapters Catulus - or at least some of them - can retract their feline bits (and, presumably, pop out vanilla-human external ears to compensate so they don't promptly go deaf...) by concentrating so she could merely be better at maintaining focus than her spaz of a daughter.

But that could well be Early Installment Weirdness that got quietly retconned away as the author's idea of the setting solidified, of course. Certainly hasn't been mentioned for a long time. And she could simply be wearing a perfectly normal one as a gesture of solidarity given Yuki apparently resented hers (and what it represented) for a long time.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

It may have been a while But im sure that the Early chapters contradicts this

Nope. Most Catulus contract the disease sometime during their childhood, but not only does nothing say it can't be congenital, absolutely EVERYTHING in the series indicates or just outright states that Yuki has had it since birth.

According to the early chapters Catulus - or at least some of them - can retract their feline bits (and, presumably, pop out vanilla-human external ears to compensate so they don't promptly go deaf...) by concentrating so she could merely be better at maintaining focus than her spaz of a daughter.

Um... no, the early chapters do not say that. The only way to look fully human is to take the professor's medicine. Which wouldn't have been available as early as Yuki's childhood.

last edited at May 24, 2020 10:08AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Um... no, the early chapters do not say that. The only way to look fully human is to take the professor's medicine. Which wouldn't have been available as early as Yuki's childhood.

Ahem. Unless that's supposed to be her trying to hide them by combing her hair over them, which does not seem tremendously workable (or even physically plausible given the size of the ears) and would do preciously little to hide her rather substantial tail anyway...

See: early ideas discarded when the author's setting concept solidified.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Ahem. Unless that's supposed to be her trying to hide them by combing her hair over them

Given the brush in her hand, that seems to be exactly what was happening. She flattened her ears to her head and brushed her hair over them.

last edited at May 24, 2020 7:44PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

The sad part is we probably won’t see a chapter where Ayano tries to one up Kitty...

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

i swear to god the ladybug badge is an actual freaking jojo reference, though it'd make more sense if she returned to Japan from Italy instead of America

Carmilla%20reading
joined Sep 15, 2015

Kitty's dad is one of the guys that play with Yuki!!!!! How frickin awesome is that.

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Kitty's dad is one of the guys that play with Yuki!!!!! How frickin awesome is that.

I thought the same thing, should a figured that out with Kitty being a random Yank thrown in the mix but it slipped past me heheh

last edited at May 31, 2020 2:17AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Uh, yeah, that was made explicit not too long ago. .-.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

i swear to god the ladybug badge is an actual freaking jojo reference, though it'd make more sense if she returned to Japan from Italy instead of America

Konno Yuki Giovanna niwa Yume ga aru

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Rip kittens, they died for a LARP session and a Jojo reference.

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

.....it only just now hit me that Yuki's 'Tundra' nickname, while also being a pun on her hair color and snow name, is a homophone JP joke for "tsundere"

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

OH MAN! Once is a one-off joke, second is a set up! One day we're going to get that Yuki=Tundra payoff!

Doesn't she use a voice converter when online?

joined Jul 26, 2016

That would be the reasonable assumption anyway. Unless she happens to have an extremely androgynous voice but you'd think there had been at least a passing remark about that.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

That would be the reasonable assumption anyway. Unless she happens to have an extremely androgynous voice but you'd think there had been at least a passing remark about that.

No, she doesn't. The guys who play with her have mentioned before that she sounds like a young girl, thus they assume she's using one because they can't imagine that their unbeatable boss is actually a young girl. But she's actually just talking normally.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yeah, my bad. Kitty straight up mentioned her sounding familiar on the very occasion I linked last page OTL

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Holly shiiiiit!!! Some development?! The yuri is finally blooming

20200611_003300
joined May 9, 2019

Finally it's getting gayer
Is the yuri tag appropriate now

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Its about fucking time, mutual yuri crush was established in volume 1 and little to no progress after that.

joined Feb 23, 2016

The mom has entered the chat!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ayano being a gay mess is fine too~

To reply you must either login or sign up.