Forum › Catulus Syndrome discussion

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

We were 2-3 chapters of cute yuri moms away from defeating the subtext tag... My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Hey would totally have the hero taming the demon lord in this story arc, so all is not lost.

I can totally picture Yuki TPKing the group with her dastardly but effective tactics until she has Ayano at her mercy and probably even launching into proper villainous I Have You Now My Pretty gloating... and then collapsing into a blushing, stammering mess because, well, it's Ayano and that's how she rolls around her. :d

Regardless of what happens theres less chance of progress with everyone else present.

joined Jul 26, 2016

chance of progress

...just sayin' but slice-of-life series are the wrong place to look for that in the first place.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

chance of progress

...just sayin' but slice-of-life series are the wrong place to look for that in the first place.

Wishful thinking

KangaNoodles
_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Ummm..... There are a few more new chapters out.... I will wait for them to be here to read tho blushes

Lil-Dumpster-Rat
2020-10-01%20(2)
joined Jul 27, 2019

The chapters came in after I finished reading a fanfic, omg-

joined Jul 26, 2016

[flirting intensifies] (these two really should just get a room already, srsly)

I like how this kind of exchange is clearly a common enough occurrence that the twins don't so much as blink at it. :3

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Without the usual dark circles under her eyes? its hard to tell koko and nene apart

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Boo, way too little dark lord Yuki, a wasted opportunity.

joined Feb 23, 2016

I need more

last edited at May 13, 2020 10:03AM

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Boo, way too little dark lord Yuki, a wasted opportunity.

The reveal was quicker than I thought it'd be with a quick fluff end, would have been nice for at least another chapter of the game

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Anna's been faking it this whole time!

joined Mar 8, 2019

Catalus don’t give out pheromones? There’s no way to detect if a person is a true Catalus aside from their appearance? I thought they had cat traits but perhaps heightened sense of smell isn’t one? Or maybe Anna also sprays herself to make it authentic.... Does Maron know?

I really like this story, but so far it’s feeling like it’s setting up these really great arcs but it doesn’t follow through and fizzles out of them pretty quickly....

Maybe I’m still salty over the kittens...

joined Feb 23, 2016

Yuki melted in her arms oof she went to cat heaven

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I thought we knew Anna was not a Catulus at this point? Or maybe it was just implied.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

I really like this story, but so far it’s feeling like it’s setting up these really great arcs but it doesn’t follow through and fizzles out of them pretty quickly....

I'd say: Too. Many. Characters.
There are only few stories that benefit from a large cast, I don't think this one is one of them.
I like world-building and expansion of the lore... but I feel this story lost track of what it wanted to tell.
The premise had me interested, but nowadays I only check the updates to see if the original MCs appear and if their subtext romance moves along...

joined Mar 8, 2019

I'd say: Too. Many. Characters.
There are only few stories that benefit from a large cast, I don't think this one is one of them.
I like world-building and expansion of the lore... but I feel this story lost track of what it wanted to tell.
The premise had me interested, but nowadays I only check the updates to see if the original MCs appear and if their subtext romance moves along...

It just feels like they’re there so we can look at cute cat girls which isn’t a bad thing but the story started off with such promise. Now it’s trying to jam pack all these things so it’s going through arcs just to get through the next one.

The lack of emotional connection to the main characters also throws off the whole thing. The girls at Anna’s cafe feel like the only thing tying them to the others is the fact that they are Catulus. Which I know is the point of the story but the lack of depth is too obvious to ignore.

The friendships Yuki and Ayano formed with Kozue and Mimika felt organic. The inclusion of Marron highlighted how hard it was for Congenitals to find a connection with someone. Anna’s presence solidified the hardship and also created tension.

Now the tone and over all story seems to have this back and forth between showing how the mains develop, showing amusing things/cat girl shenanigans, and showing other cat girls. It’s disjointed, picking one thing at a time instead of finding a way to harmonize and do everything together if that makes sense.

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

Anna tbh I don't know if that's okay.

KangaNoodles
joined Feb 23, 2016

I didn’t know i needed to see small yuki.. but i got blessed

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Ikr?! The whole album being in colour was a blessing in itself. First time they've shown her mother too, she had a choker but I couldn't notice ears, is she also a catulus?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ikr?! The whole album being in colour was a blessing in itself. First time they've shown her mother too, she had a choker but I couldn't notice ears, is she also a catulus?

From what i can see from the latest chapter, because yes Yuki's mom will finally make a real appearance, Yuki's mom have human ears so she is most likely a human.

Nishikino-maki-and-ayase-eri-3-love-live-school-idol-project-37571467-350-197(1)
joined Dec 1, 2018

I want to see more of yukkis mother☺️

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

she had a choker but I couldn't notice ears, is she also a catulus?

As the album said Yuki didn't like wearing it, so she probably wore it as encouragement for her to do so. Or she is a catulus and using the same stuff that other one uses to make her appear human.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Cute

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Wait a minute. Didnt the Early chapters staten the Catalus only activates when you reach a certain age?

Like with her human ears litterally Falling off and such?

To reply you must either login or sign up.