Forum › Crescent Moon and Doughnuts discussion

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Love triangle, but a very awkward one.

It's not a love triangle. Asahi doesn't love Subaru that way.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I don't think Subaru likes Asahi in that way either.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's the kind of love triangle where one leg of the triangle is completely and utterly committed to supercharging the cause of another leg of the triangle.

Which may make it a different angle altogether, but I flunked geometry, so I can't say which one.

last edited at Apr 6, 2020 7:03PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Depends on your definition of a love triangle. If one of the loves is platonic, but it's still significant enough to interfere with the romantic love on the other end, would that still be a kind of love triangle?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

It's the kind of love triangle where one leg of the triangle is completely and utterly committed to supercharging the cause of another leg of the triangle.

Which may make it a different angle altogether, but I flunked geometry, so I can't say which one.

I call it aCute.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Depends on your definition of a love triangle. If one of the loves is platonic, but it's still significant enough to interfere with the romantic love on the other end, would that still be a kind of love triangle?

I'd say romantic love, platonic or otherwise, is the minimum prerequisite. Otherwise every obstructively overprotective parent would qualify and the term would become so widely applicable as to be diluted of all meaning. (Or as someone once snarkily summarised the fundamental issue with homeopathy, "at this level of dilution the 'medicine' will contain more of your own piss than any active element from the original substance...")

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I'd say romantic love, platonic or otherwise, is the minimum prerequisite. Otherwise every obstructively overprotective parent would qualify and the term would become so widely applicable as to be diluted of all meaning.

This... minus the part where platonic and romantic cannot be put together as they are oxymorons.
It's only a love triangle if romantic love is involved. Pretty clear cut. Though reading a manga about a familial love triangle would certainly be something interesting lol

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Though reading a manga about a familial love triangle would certainly be something interesting lol

Wouldn't that simply be a divorced couple fighting over a child?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Though reading a manga about a familial love triangle would certainly be something interesting lol

I fuckin' guess?!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It could totally work. It already happens in real life anyway, but a comedy manga could make it less toxic.
And by the end the parents remarry as through their trials to get the child to choose them they reignited the flame of whatever they originally saw in each other. lol

joined Oct 22, 2018

It could totally work. It already happens in real life anyway, but a comedy manga could make it less toxic.
And by the end the parents remarry as through their trials to get the child to choose them they reignited the flame of whatever they originally saw in each other. lol

Now that's a story I'd like to read.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I mean, we still have Unrequited Love.

joined Jul 26, 2016

This... minus the part where platonic and romantic cannot be put together as they are oxymorons.

Fair point, was going off some really vague meanings there.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

I need this to become popular.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Blood sugar levels are at an all time low due to lack of doughnuts.... #needsmorechapters

Ok6w_kokdtoqqqldbioparunlpmilxcjwpbtwulrt1y
joined Apr 23, 2019

Now I get why I disliked this from the first chapter. In the next,
Incest is always Wincest. Hence, this is blasphemy !

joined Aug 11, 2014

So like... a Love Hadron Collider?

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Cool... That's just milk gelatin though.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

these extras are like if your favorite musical artist started making only christmas albums

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Random recipe for a weird snack, that was unexpected.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Ugh, less than a day till the raws are out! I can't waaaaaaaaait

joined Oct 22, 2018

Ugh, less than a day till the raws are out! I can't waaaaaaaaait

Wait already? Way to cause me hype at bedtime!

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

damn was the new chapter soooooo goood!! finally some motivation to learn Japanese))))
Moon Prism Power, Make UUUUP!

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

So exciting. Uno-san, embrace the Gay.

joined Dec 28, 2019

Well this chapter was deep.. I really hope everything turns out okay though :((

This manga flips me over again and again with its super cute moments and its sad ones. But the contrast in it all really makes the manga stand out and I'm really really enjoying the story a bit too much

To reply you must either login or sign up.