Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Mmm yeah, that's the good stuff <3

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Wholesome!

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Owww! My heart! So cute! And taking some time off for just spending a few days lazing about with your lover, joy!

last edited at May 13, 2020 10:00AM

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Hey this actually reminds me, I forgot to take my daily dose of teaffee this morning!

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Naw dog. It's totally a pro gamer move. This must be what it takes to be good at these fandangled online survival games. Or some type of weird challenge like beating Dark Souls 1 with a Guitar Hero controller. Crazy kids.

MrLlama's MvS with upside down keyboard and mouse is always a good time.

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

Oh wow
@Grail is that Lily in your avatar?

Edit: just noticed chapters 42 and 43 came out together. I had only read 43.

Yeppers. Used to be a GBF player.

MrLlama's MvS with upside down keyboard and mouse is always a good time.

Shit what? I didn't know MrLlama does upside down challenges. This is what I get for being a filthy GDQ casual. I know what I'm watching this afternoon.

last edited at May 13, 2020 5:35PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Seem Iori's violence has downgrade from Daikon to Tickles

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Shit what? I didn't know MrLlama does upside down challenges. This is what I get for being a filthy GDQ casual. I know what I'm watching this afternoon.

Not permantently upside down, but in his ManVsStream streams he has to do all sort of stuff while trying to speed run D2.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

GO DIE <3

last edited at May 16, 2020 1:02AM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Someone's grinnin' :)

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

Only in a story like this can telling someone "Go die" feel appropriate and heartwarming.

D2ad4ba6-d1f7-4800-86c3-5a64a1f1e50f
joined Jan 15, 2017

I never thought that texting someone to die sounds so sweet

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I've now learned what to text people when I want to make up with them. This will be useful in the future.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

That was so cute, funny, and a little worrying all at the same time.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Anyone else still getting really mixed messages? I mean, the mixed messages are on purpose, which makes it more confusing. Mikanuji is making it clear that Iori has a drinking problem and is prominently displaying her beers in each panel they show up in (and having characters call it out), but at the same time you have the overlay of her gf talking about how everything is sunshine and rainbows and a relationship that gives her life meaning.

And these tensions aren't really addressed or resolved, just set up and not followed up on. Is Mikanuji portraying this as unhealthy codependency or as a relationship where they can work with their faults to find fulfillment? I'm not really getting a clear indication either way.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

To be honest the text made so much sense to me. It's exactly how you communicate with your closest friends. Then again, hurling casual and humorous abuse at each other is a pretty typical Australian day.

last edited at May 16, 2020 4:05AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"Go die!" - communication on a level beyond even Ucchi.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Wow xD she actually liked that lol

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Heh, kinda reminds me of Alucard and Trevor.

"Eat shit and die."
"Yes, fuck you"
Then both start laughing.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Anyone else still getting really mixed messages? I mean, the mixed messages are on purpose, which makes it more confusing. Mikanuji is making it clear that Iori has a drinking problem and is prominently displaying her beers in each panel they show up in (and having characters call it out), but at the same time you have the overlay of her gf talking about how everything is sunshine and rainbows and a relationship that gives her life meaning.

And these tensions aren't really addressed or resolved, just set up and not followed up on. Is Mikanuji portraying this as unhealthy codependency or as a relationship where they can work with their faults to find fulfillment? I'm not really getting a clear indication either way.

It's entirely possible to hold two contradictory beliefs at the same time or to swap one bigger difficulty for something bit smaller. You can have a relationship with unhealthy aspects like dating a weekend drunkard and yet find fulfillment and happiness from it anyway. Especially if your previous life was much more crappy.

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

I think what Mikanuji is trying to portray is a lighthearted romance that can also veer in whatever direction they feel compelled to take it for a chapter. I've come to the conclusion that the mixed signals are a result of clumsy thematic management rather than a meaningful attempt to add depth to the story. For example, I doubt the problematic elements people are noting in Iori's lifestyle and attitude will ever be confronted on-page and are instead going to continue to be exploited for whatever comedic or dramatic turn the chapter wants.

20191227_223541
joined Dec 27, 2019

Well.. people say my cousin and I speak our own language cause a normal conversation of us it's like:

Her: Did ya kill yourself yet asshole? ( Hello )
Me: Nah but how are you doing with this stick up yar arse? ( Hi, How are you? )
Her: Girl ya can eat shit for all I care, but do ya want to go to grab some food and watch a horror movie so I can see u wetting ur pants? ( Normal, and you? Btw do you want to have a girls day? )
Me: Are u that dumb kiddo? U can't cook to save ur life lol be there in a 1h bitch ( Yes, can you order pizza? )

Yeah, we love each other in our own way lol

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

Always a f*****g cliffhanger!(╯‵□′)╯︵┴─┴

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Don't ask if you don't want to hear the answer. :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.