Forum › A Love Letter for the Marching Puppy discussion

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Promote Miharu to Favorite Character Officer, please.

last edited at May 15, 2020 8:21PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ramunes posted:

So this maiden thing, is that the term that the older girls use to pick a clueless virgin girl in order to deflower her? I seem to get that feeling. What a bunch of asholes if that happens to be the case.

Sorta.

13320157_522707027938643_73759181_n
joined Mar 31, 2018

ngl I LOVE THIS

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ramunes posted:

So this maiden thing, is that the term that the older girls use to pick a clueless virgin girl in order to deflower her? I seem to get that feeling. What a bunch of asholes if that happens to be the case.

Sorta.

Unfortunaly it's seem that the wiki link have lost the part on military.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yay!

That is all I have to say at this time.

Off-model%20ishibashi-san
joined Aug 20, 2018

It's more of an eromenos/erastes sort of thing: think the Theban Sacred Band. As a trained classicist, I lobbied pretty hard for the use of "eromene," but our translator told me that that would be just as incomprehensible as "chigo" and that the point was to translate it into English, so "maiden" it is. There are enough conversations in the manga about what the word means in this specific context that it should be pretty clear?

The determination of how much of that account is entirely fictionalized I leave as an exercise for the reader.

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

FINALLY Miharu saying what neeeds to be said!!!

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

OK this and shera season 5 in one day?!? what have i done to deserve this?? chapter 13 was so freakin cute! i, so glad the characters are talking through things XD now we just need kagami and indou to talk to each other lol

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

huffy breathing after hopefully a short pause after chapter 13 MOAR!!!! We're getting somewhere!

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Wait. This whole time, I thought everyone was on the same page about girls liking girls. It didn't appear out of the ordinary to anyone whenever it was hinted at or brought up, so I was confused at Indou's confusion and Miharu's confession. Although, after reading through some comments from this link (Sorta), I think I get the general idea about what's going on here.

last edited at May 16, 2020 12:20AM

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Ramunes posted:

Sorta.

The military section was incorporated into the Monastic section ("chigo" definition in first paragraph, military section starts in the third paragraph)..

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Ramunes posted:

Sorta.

The military section was incorporated into the Monastic section ("chigo" definition in first paragraph, military section starts in the third paragraph)..

Wow okay, I've learned more about male homosexuality in Japan centuries ago than I ever thought would exist. Fascinating stuff, the bare bones of it does seem similar to the relationship between an older/younger man that was sort of acceptable in Greece.

I can't remember much of the story anymore, but the directness of chapter 13 was nice.

Hinaleg
joined May 9, 2017

Finally its back!!!!

joined Jun 12, 2019

Yes yes you’re both in love with each other.
Someone pls remind me again if they’re cousins or something (I don’t think they are but I can’t remember)

joined Jun 12, 2019

OK this and shera season 5 in one day?!? what have i one to deserve this?? chapter 13 was so freakin cute! i, so glad the characters are talking through things XD now we just need kagami and indou to talk to each other lol

the gays won today

joined Oct 10, 2016

*insert cousin dialogue from Mean Girls here*

Serious question, I saw some sources onto that this manga is finished, how many chapters are left? I'm a little tired of constant hit-ups on MCs but not between MCs

last edited at May 16, 2020 3:22PM

joined Aug 20, 2018

Someone pls remind me again if they’re cousins or something (I don’t think they are but I can’t remember)

They're not cousins. Indou calls Kagami's mom "Auntie" but it's an "older woman who took me in and educated me" thing not a "literally the sister of one of my parents" thing.

*insert cousin dialogue from Mean Girls here*

Serious question, I saw some sources onto that this manga is finished, how many chapters are left? I'm a little tired of constant hit-ups on MCs but not between MCs

It's not over. There are 23 chapters out so far, and 24 is in the next issue of Yuri Hime (published next week).

last edited at May 16, 2020 4:28PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

They're not cousins. Indou calls Kagami's mom "Auntie" but it's an "older woman who took me in and educated me" thing not a "literally the sister of one of my parents" thing.

It's not hard to see how that idea grew up, though--we recall that were were left with Indou calling Kagami's mom "Auntie" on June 15, 2019 and didn't get the next chapter clearing things up until Dec. 31, so there was plenty of time for everyone to speculate about possible Incest.

But no.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

It's not hard to see how that idea grew up, though--we recall that were were left with Indou calling Kagami's mom "Auntie" on June 15, 2019 and didn't get the next chapter clearing things up until Dec. 31, so there was plenty of time for everyone to speculate about possible Incest.

But no.

Well that and that whole "oba-san" thing can mean either your literal aunt or just a much older than you female. Just like how "onee-san" is used with slightly older girls that aren't actually your older sister. So the use of the already ambiguous oba-san was a tad more ambiguous than usual here just because the story hadn't yet explained familial connections thoroughly.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

a homosexual character who explicitly establishes the fact that they're homosexual? in a yuri manga?
it's strange how rare and comforting that is.
it's a weird and wild and wacky world of "I'm not lesbian I just make an exception for 1 girl bcuz we're young & crazy" and "b-but we're both girls & I've never liked a girl before" out there

joined Oct 10, 2016

It's not over. There are 23 chapters out so far, and 24 is in the next issue of Yuri Hime (published next week).

That's it, if by ch15 they don't move more than just clumsiness/tsundere line, I drop it, because it's just so stretched out and slow just AAAA

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That's it, if by ch15 they don't move more than just clumsiness/tsundere line, I drop it, because it's just so stretched out and slow just AAAA

But still reading Useless Princess when the main pair has yet to move

joined Aug 20, 2018

Read to find out what happens ;)

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

Imma scream

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

How sad for everyone if that should happen.

Because . .hmmm . . .maybe not . . .

To reply you must either login or sign up.