Forum › A Love Letter for the Marching Puppy discussion

7903736f-23f1-43d2-bcca-91f78cf5aff1
joined Feb 18, 2019

WUH OH-

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

What's with all the people arguing about incest? Indou looks nothing like Kagami's mom and if they were related wouldn't Kagami have known that they are related?

In some asian countries it's normal to call a woman thats NOT RELATED to you 'Aunt/Auntie' and that's like a typical sign of respect to a woman older than you

Your main point is correct, but the appearance thing is irrelevant—one side of a family can look very different than another. Indou resembles her mother; who knows what her father looked like?

The real questions for me are: Who raised Shinobu?

She knows almost nothing about her parents (Chapter 1, p. 27), she has been living in the countryside with very little to eat, and she was not living with “another relative” (besides the aunt she mentions) (Chapter 4, p. 114).

I had been assuming that the “aunt” she continually mentions and to whom she is writing the letters was the same person who raised her. She wishes for her presence several times, mentions that she smells good when you hug her, and says that she taught her “with great zeal.” But the evidence now suggests that the “aunt” (who may not be a blood relation) is in fact Kagami’s mother, which seems completely incompatible with the way Shinobu was living.

Listen, I'll be frank with you: I've read up to chapter 15, and I know the answers to most of your questions -- but I can't recall anymore how much of my knowledge comes from the chapters we all have read already and how much comes from chapters that have not been translated to English yet. Just in case, I'll use the spoiler-hiding format.

Shinobu doesn't know much of her real parents. She lost them in the war, or something. She was raised by a family who were neighbors or relatives. They lived in abject poverty, and in fact that family planned to sell Shinobu to a brothel in a few more years. Kagami's mother made a deal with that family (gave them money, I guess) so that they would allow Shinobu to attend the academy. She also settled in that town for a while and taught Shinobu all she needed to know for the entrance exams. Shinobu took a liking to her and started calling her auntie, and has been writing letters to her ever since she arrived in Tokyo (it's implied she doesn't know her real name, only her address). Of course, Kagami had no clue about any of these things: she hasn't returned home or talked to her mom for years.

Why the Kagamis are so interested in helping the Indous, that's still a mystery, though the most likely answer is that the two families became close during the war (many people in both families were officers). The circumstances of the disappearance of Shinobu's mom are a mystery as well (Kagami and her mom talk about the subject in vague and evasive ways, very suspicious).

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Listen, I'll be frank with you: I've read up to chapter 15, and I know the answers to most of your questions

Thanks!

More chapters, more chapters, more chapters . . .

EDIT: The main reveal is that there was someone else, not related to either family, in the picture; that answers—or obviates—a number of questions.

last edited at Jun 18, 2019 3:01PM

joined Jun 7, 2019

Shinobu doesn't know much of her real parents. She lost them in the war, or something. She was raised by a family who were neighbors or relatives. They lived in abject poverty, and in fact that family planned to sell Shinobu to a brothel in a few more years. Kagami's mother made a deal with that family (gave them money, I guess) so that they would allow Shinobu to attend the academy. She also settled in that town for a while and taught Shinobu all she needed to know for the entrance exams. Shinobu took a liking to her and started calling her auntie, and has been writing letters to her ever since she arrived in Tokyo (it's implied she doesn't know her real name, only her address). Of course, Kagami had no clue about any of these things: she hasn't returned home or talked to her mom for years.

What would you know, I got almost everything right. Go me.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

We need further information on all these matters, but occasional contact between Madame Kagami and Shinobu seems much more plausible than Kagami’s mother raising Shinobu in dire poverty.

That's the only piece that really doesn't add up. If Shinobu had enough contact with auntie for her to tutor her up to speed for the entrance exam it seems unlikely she would have left the poor girl in such poor condition. There must be something we are still missing.

She didn't say she tutored her, she said she told her what to study. In fact, Shinobu had problems with her grades at first because while she memorized what she needed for the entry exam, she didn't actually understand any of it and had to learn from square one when studying with Kagami. I almost wonder if Auntie just gave her the answers to the test.

Even if that's not the case, she said she was told what to study, not that she was tutored directly.

It had been a while since I read those early chapters, but you are right about the wording. The whole thing still seems a bit off to me but perhaps we will get the gaps filled in as the story goes. It still seems odd that her very rich "auntie" would have left a girl who is close enough to refer to her as family in a borderline starving state like that without some sort of reason.

joined Jun 12, 2019

https://youtu.be/cJ-Wc_AfBDY

A manga pv or something

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

All this talk about blood relations or lack thereof, and nobody noticed that Natalya calls something a pryanik when in fact it' a muffin.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Nope, definitely not a muffin, although I can see how the shading of her palm may look confusing. Looks pryanik enough to me, even if not quite the kind I'm used to.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

interesting...

joined Jun 28, 2018

They caption some of the strangest things in this manga, lol... Like in the 4th chapter "Lined up, lined up, lined up" as the students were on their way to breakfast or the actual breakfast having "warm, warm" around it.

Just funny to me.

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

is this series currently on hiatus or what ? I don't see update anymore

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Update, when? Please?

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

is this series currently on hiatus or what ? I don't see update anymore

probably an scalantion or translation issue, heard is far ahead in Spanish

joined Aug 16, 2019

I saw in a Vietnamese site that its already up to 15 chapters T_T

joined Mar 20, 2012

I finally found it in Spanish! It's in chapter 16 right now <3.

If there are translation issues I can translate it from Spanish, probably not as good as doing it from Japanese though

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

If there are translation issues I can translate it from Spanish, probably not as good as doing it from Japanese though

You can still try to contact the team who work on it to see if they still on it or dropped it. I mean, it's not like doing translations from Spanish will hurt too much from raws.

joined Mar 20, 2012

You can still try to contact the team who work on it to see if they still on it or dropped it. I mean, it's not like doing translations from Spanish will hurt too much from raws.

It looks like they dropped it in Spanish too, chapter 15 was uploaded way back in May :(

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That sadden me that the manga seem to be popular in Japan, it get top 10 in the last Yuri Navi top list but here it'sbarely popular and we struggle to have translation.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If this one really is dropped from English translation in the long term I’ll be very disappointed, because it was one of the series I most looked forward to reading.

(For quite a while I was Googling around hoping for news of an official version so I could pay money for it.)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

It's not dropped apparently.

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 11:33AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's not dropped apparently

Wonderful news—thanks for this.

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 11:46AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blastaar posted:

It's not dropped apparently

Wonderful news—thanks for this.

Np.

Also the Japanese title is "Koushin Koinu Ni Koibumi Wo" not "Koushin Koinu Ni Koibumi Wa"

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 2:20PM

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

Could you link me to it?

_______%20(12)
joined Feb 18, 2018

this series already on chapter 18 , but why is still there is no update in here ?\
is it not gonna updated here anymore ??

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

this series already on chapter 18 , but why is still there is no update in here ?\
is it not gonna updated here anymore ??

Idk, the current translator team didn't give news so we don't know if they're still on it but can't do it or if they drop it. A good thing will be that another team or someone pick it up and continue the translation.

To reply you must either login or sign up.