Forum › Tsuki to Suppin discussion

joined Feb 18, 2015

I guess the author just chose the route of "love just happens!" And the development to happen reaaally slowly...

That's how I like to picture it. Shiho was just being herself when they met. She found the jewelry and returned it to it's owner. No fuss. Then they hit it off. I'm actually fine if we don't get every detail about how that happened.

This is precious! When the FIRST met I got the feeling that Akari didn't mind having an obstructed view of the band at all because she very much preferred the view of the photographer. Then when that same photographer was the person who had been thoughtful enough to pick up her lost earring and return it to her, she was just totally smitten. From there it was a matter of Shiho getting the drift and falling too. I'm kind of reading Shioh as demi. They had to form a relationship and a bond before she went from tolerating the pushy woman to enjoying time with a friend to being in love. The fact that she got the rings says volumes!

last edited at Apr 9, 2020 6:24PM

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

I freaking LOVE those little long fish that burrow in the sand wow

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tsuki_to_suppin_ch17#5

Popte_pop_54
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's just manga crap. According to those, even middle school students will diet if they reach something like 35kg or something ... ^^

Why is that though?
I remember reading a Manga, where a dude was so large, he barely fit the panels. Then you read up the official bio/stats at the end and he's just 180cm high. Brah...

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Mangakas have no idea how weight works + insane asian standards of what normal, thin and chubby/fat looks like.

joined Apr 10, 2020

Can someone tell me what obon is?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Can someone tell me what obon is?

Here you go, it's a custom to honor the ancestor's spirit in Buddhism

joined Dec 5, 2019

A lot of unsaid things in both families. Its nice that they both decided not to pry even if they have a pretty decent idea of what is going on(except the father lol). All im their time

last edited at Apr 23, 2020 10:04PM

joined Sep 13, 2018

I'm curious as to why Akari first assumed cheating of all things (Maybe a translation deal?) because Shiho doesn't seem like the type to do that nor does Akari seem the type to assume that.

That said! Cute chapter, it's nice to see Shiho's family some and learn that she's kind of always been like this.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yes, the cheating thing is ridiculous ... just randomly in the middle of town merely talking to someone constitutes the possibility of cheating?! What sort of paranoia do you have to have ...
But then's pretty normal for romance stories for some reason.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Yes, the cheating thing is ridiculous ... just randomly in the middle of town merely talking to someone constitutes the possibility of cheating?! What sort of paranoia do you have to have ...
But then's pretty normal for romance stories for some reason.

Maybe because they are sisters Shiho was acting differently with her and was overly familiar compared to her normal behavior?
I don't know but that was the best I could come up eith lol

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I'm curious as to why Akari first assumed cheating of all things (Maybe a translation deal?) because Shiho doesn't seem like the type to do that nor does Akari seem the type to assume that.

To be fair, this is likely the first time Akari's even seen Shiho interact with another person without being present. Just goes to show how much they're together.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This series is cute

joined Feb 18, 2015

Mangakas have no idea how weight works + insane asian standards of what normal, thin and chubby/fat looks like.

I see nothing wrong with the way this story was done in terms of the behavior of the two women. I have known MANY perfectly healthy-looking women (and some men as well) who have insisted that they need to diet because they were getting "fat" over the years who behaved precisely the way Akari does: ordering smaller portions while looking longingly at the food the really WISH they had ordered. It doesn't mean they ARE overweight. It has to do with body image and how their clothes fit. If you add in eating disorder issues (and there are several people on both sides of our family with those, unfortunately) these behaviors amplify and also become warning signs of something potentially dangerous.

To be fair, this is likely the first time Akari's even seen Shiho interact with another person without being present. Just goes to show how much they're together.

^^ I suspect this could be part of it. When Akari is approaching the two of them they are standing VERY close together. Far closer than Shiho is likely to allow someone who she is not very close to into her personal space. In addition, Shiho's sister is very obviously enjoying the conversation, considering how broad her smile is. Shiho is also MEETING HER EYES, which I'm guessing is not something she tends to do with others. So it's not surprising that she felt jealous and put on a little dominance display.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Since the question was why it keeps happening in mangas, I was talking about them in general, not just this series, but in that case that leaves "insane asian standards of what normal, thin and chubby/fat looks like".

joined Sep 13, 2018

Since the question was why it keeps happening in mangas, I was talking about them in general, not just this series, but in that case that leaves "insane asian standards of what normal, thin and chubby/fat looks like".

I mean, diet culture is pretty universal, society has ridiculous standards for what's healthy and what's 'too fat' and its one of the reasons (a very strong reason at that) for eating disorders and the like

longking0803
Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

That not what i imagine when i see "trick or treat".

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Halloween is for children to go trick or treating, and for adults to dress up in skimpy costumes and make bad life choices.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I challenge anyone to say they still think Shiho's dry personality isn't "enjoyable".

That deadpan "Nyan", climbing and pouncing, with that same dry look on her face.. She's hilarious! You just gotta get under the surface..

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I challenge anyone to say they still think Shiho's dry personality isn't "enjoyable".

That deadpan "Nyan", climbing and pouncing, with that same dry look on her face.. She's hilarious! You just gotta get under the surface..

I thought her personality was enjoyable from the jump

joined Dec 5, 2019

That was a nice chapter, Shion putting the smooth mode on at the end.

joined Feb 23, 2016

They both got what they wanted tho

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

another useless lesbian couple...

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Damn, she tricked us

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Damn, she tricked us

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

such cute innocent things that lesbian couples do normally. so very relaxing to read this manga.

To reply you must either login or sign up.