Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

joined Sep 6, 2018

^ That... actually makes a good amount of sense. :/
Oh man, if you're right, next chapter is going to be high on the DRAMA.

Nah! Mangaka shouldn’t explain her way out of conflict. The audience expects a brawl worthy of “FIGHT CLUB”!! Mangaka has gotta cave into the demands of the fans!

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR MAKI?!
PUNCH THE $HIT OUTTA TAZUNE!!!

Problem is, Tazune is a big strong guy, and he looks very fit. Otoh, Maki is woefully out of shape and frankly I don't think she has too much of a chance in a fistfight against Tazune.

If things turn violent, I sure hope she finds a lead pipe nearby at hand.

Even if you have two people half the mass of the aggressor, they’d have a 66% chance of kicking the bully’s ass. I mean, how do you think wolves manage to take down prey that’s ten times the mass of a single wolf?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Even if you have two people half the mass of the aggressor, they’d have a 66% chance of kicking the bully’s ass. I mean, how do you think wolves manage to take down prey that’s ten times the mass of a single wolf?

Specialized jaws for biting and tearing and razor sharp teeth.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

If things turn violent, I sure hope she finds a lead pipe nearby at hand.

Even if you have two people half the mass of the aggressor, they’d have a 66% chance of kicking the bully’s ass.

Oh, also, one of those two people is PREGNANT and absolutely should not be getting into fights.

joined Sep 13, 2018

I don't mean she called him to ask him to take her back. I mean she was assuming that Midori was going to go back on her own, but she also knows now that Tazune can get violent when he's upset, and she knows Maki has been ignoring his calls and texts. My thinking was that she might have called him to try and give him some kind of story that would abate his temper, Like "Hey, Midori asked me to call because her cell doesn't get reception here in (current location) but she isn't ignoring you so don't be mad at her she's coming home soon." Like her goal was just to make sure he didn't have a violent outburst at her whens he inevitably returned. In this hypothetical situation, she wouldn't have expected him to come find them based on her story, she just would have been trying to keep him from getting mad at Midori.

She wasn't considering the possibility that Midori was really seriously considering leaving Tazune for her, which is why when Midori actually proposes exactly that, she's stupified.

See, I just don't think that makes any sense. Hell Maki's smart, she sniffed Tazune was bad shit the second she met him basically. She knows Tazune got violent with Midori, I imagine she's smart enough to know trying to abate his anger or w/e wouldn't work either, especially considering (And I wouldn't be surprised if Maki and Midori talked details off page) Tazune smacked her for literally nothing. Like feeling a little out of it because you kind of expect to wake up from a nice time doesn't mean you're gonna call your girlfriend's abuser to try and hopefully chill him out or w/e. Plus you'd think she'd bring it up or something after Midori kind of cemented "No I really, really want to be with you. But what to be do about him?"

That said, I can't imagine a fight happening. Last thing Tazune would wanna do is to get himself in real deep trouble assaulting his ex fiancee and then Maki lmao. He's an asshole and a creep, but him hitting Midori was the mask slipping imho rather than an established go to. Would he resort to violence in the future? Yeah, I'd think so. In a public place with a pregnant woman and her friend? He'd have to be as stupid as a brick to do that.

Also: SmallFriendlyScorpion, can I just say the name is good and the icon is real good.

last edited at May 8, 2020 4:16AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I don't mean she called him to ask him to take her back. I mean she was assuming that Midori was going to go back on her own, but she also knows now that Tazune can get violent when he's upset, and she knows Maki has been ignoring his calls and texts. My thinking was that she might have called him to try and give him some kind of story that would abate his temper, Like "Hey, Midori asked me to call because her cell doesn't get reception here in (current location) but she isn't ignoring you so don't be mad at her she's coming home soon." Like her goal was just to make sure he didn't have a violent outburst at her whens he inevitably returned. In this hypothetical situation, she wouldn't have expected him to come find them based on her story, she just would have been trying to keep him from getting mad at Midori.

She wasn't considering the possibility that Midori was really seriously considering leaving Tazune for her, which is why when Midori actually proposes exactly that, she's stupified.

See, I just don't think that makes any sense. Hell Maki's smart, she sniffed Tazune was bad shit the second she met him basically. She knows Tazune got violent with Midori, I imagine she's smart enough to know trying to abate his anger or w/e wouldn't work either, especially considering (And I wouldn't be surprised if Maki and Midori talked details off page) Tazune smacked her for literally nothing. Like feeling a little out of it because you kind of expect to wake up from a nice time doesn't mean you're gonna call your girlfriend's abuser to try and hopefully chill him out or w/e.

I don't get why you think that. First of all, whether it's likely to work or not, people who are abused often do work to avoid arousing the anger of their abuser, and people who are supporting the abused will help them make excuses. Tazune isn't old faithful, he doesn't explode every 90 minutes no matter what happens. He loses his temper when triggered. If a white lie could keep him from getting mad this one time, leading to possibly one less violent encounter, why not at least try?

Maki doesn't know that Tazune suspects infidelity or that he's seen a picture of them kissing. As far as she knows, he's just antsy because he hasn't heard from his fiancee. If she provides a reasonable excuse, acted convincingly, there's nothing for him to be mad about. She could even butter up his ego in the process. Being smart doesn't just mean she sees through him, it also could mean she can figure out how to play him.

Plus you'd think she'd bring it up or something after Midori kind of cemented "No I really, really want to be with you. But what to be do about him?"

I don't think we can speculate on what she'd bring up, because we know nothing about the flow of conversation after that moment of confession, or even how long it's been. For all we know she confessed a few feet from the train station, they spent a bunch of time buying their tickets and stuff, and they just barely picked the topic back up. But why would she need to mention it? If my idea is corrrect, then calling him is something she did because she thought Midori was going back to him. If she's -not-, then it doesn't matter what he thinks of the nature of their trip, or if he thought Midori was ignoring him or not, and so it doesn't matter if Midori knows about the call or not. She clearly didn't forsee him using the information to track them down, Plus, mentioning it means admitting that she had no faith in Midori's feelings for her before the most recent proposal. That could hurt Midori, or start a fight, maybe even cool Midori's heels on the whole "spend my life with you" thing. I still doubt Maki's confidence in Midori's feelings is rock solid. She's been hurt before.

So I don't think it's unreasonable to think that she might not have gotten to mentioning it, or even that she's deliberately procrastinating about mentioning it.

That said, I can't imagine a fight happening. Last thing Tazune would wanna do is to get himself in real deep trouble assaulting his ex fiancee and then Maki lmao. He's an asshole and a creep, but him hitting Midori was the mask slipping imho rather than an established go to. Would he resort to violence in the future? Yeah, I'd think so. In a public place with a pregnant woman and her friend? He'd have to be as stupid as a brick to do that.

Yeah, guys like Tazune are more likely to firmly hold their fiancee's arm while cordially excusing them both from the public eye, then beating the shit out of her at home.

I mean, that's not really comforting, the situation is still dangerous, but I mean it's unlikely anybody's getting hurled in front of a train or anything.

last edited at May 8, 2020 1:17PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Imho that guy found Midori either through ATM records or with Doumyou's help. The latter is more likely. Remember how, last time they were together, he asked her to do something for him? I suspect he made her call Midori to get the info. Doumyou probably played the "worried friend" card and tricked Midori into revealing her whereabouts.

Oh, BTW, this is a really good point. I forgot to address it before, but it does suggest that Doumyou had some sort of role in whatever he was planning next. I think this and the ATM suggestion are both plausible explanations for his appearance as well.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Looking forward to the next chapter of this. I'm hoping that she simply tells him that she will be coming to the apartment one more time: to remove her stuff.

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

I'd like to add my two cents: the happy time the two MCs enjoyed together at the hot spring town was like a vacation from real life issues... and it wouldn't be at all unreasonable for Maki to think that, after the vacation's over, there is a good chance that Midori will return to the father of her child. Even if he's a nasty guy who can even go dv on occasion.

I mean, it's only at the end of chapter 13 that Midori states plainly that she wants to be with Maki forever. If you look at it from Maki's pov, up to that moment, Midori's plans for the future weren't clearly determined at all. Perhaps running away with Maki, and squandering all the money saved for the wedding, was just a small revenge on Tazune before returning to him? Because the social, familiar & economic pressures on a pregnant woman to get hitched to the man who fathered the baby are frigging enormous. Idk if you've read Happy Sugar Life, but if you have you should remember Shio's mom and how she got pregnant — and how the two families dealt with the problem.

I'd say we just need to look at the face Maki makes when Midori proposes to realize that it wasn't the development she was expecting. Gosh I wish they had had more time to talk about their future together before the great Assholio showed up. (But at least Midori did propose before he came: now Maki's pessimistic mood has been lifted and she can face him with a clear conscience. It really was a close one, wasn't it?)

last edited at May 8, 2020 4:36PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Oh, and seriously:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/run_away_with_me_girl_ch13#24

Has this kid's teacher never seen a freaking sunrise?

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Oh, and seriously:

Sadly, elementary-equivalent grade school art teachers aren't there to foster actual artistic ideas, just the basics and get the job done. I still have memories from 4th grade where the assignment was "draw a town" and I wanted dinosaur shaped houses, even made it work with cutaway presentations, and the teacher was not amused.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Oh, and seriously:

Sadly, elementary-equivalent grade school art teachers aren't there to foster actual artistic ideas, just the basics and get the job done. I still have memories from 4th grade where the assignment was "draw a town" and I wanted dinosaur shaped houses, even made it work with cutaway presentations, and the teacher was not amused.

Yeah, but my point is, it's not like the kid drew a dog with deer antlers or a person with three arms.

Pink skies are a thing that happens. All the time. It isn't a weird artistic choice, it's literally just the kid depicting a different time of day.

Ke_Zukulenzia
joined Jul 23, 2019

The social, familiar & economic pressures on a pregnant woman to get hitched to the man who fathered the baby are frigging enormous. Idk if you've read Happy Sugar Life, but if you have you should remember Shio's mom and how she got pregnant — and how the two families dealt with the problem.

Dammit, gurl! I didn't want to remember that! Uuugh. >_<

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

i don't like how her husband thinks of woman, u sick fuck not all woman are weak bastard
also the boycut girl is annoying and midori should've already told him about maki and her affair
in the end, i just hope her husband won't become another jerk just like in other drama yuri and hope they all get happy ending

. . . The husband is physically and emotionally abusive. if you hope he "won't become another jerk" that ship has SAILED. It has sailed so far it is on the other side of the planet. I hope you're commenting before having read the whole thing, because if you're up to date on this and you still aren't convinced he's a jerk, you are an -awful- judge of character.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Yeah.

You can hope that maybe he'll stop being a jerk.

More likely might be realizing that neither of them wants the marriage anymore -- at least, wasn't he chivvied in due to her pregnancy? -- and agreeing to bail, to go be a jerk to the other woman.

last edited at May 27, 2020 9:07PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yeah.

You can hope that maybe he'll stop being a jerk.

More likely might be realizing that neither of them wants the marriage anymore -- at least, wasn't he chivvied in due to her pregnancy? -- and agreeing to bail, to go be a jerk to the other woman.

Yeah, I don't see it being that easy. Guys like him are ruled by ego, and the idea that she could leave him, and for another woman no less, would be a direct injury to his pride. He probably regards both Midori and the child as his property, and even if he treats them like shit, he's not gonna let somebody take "what's his". This is gonna get ugly before it gets better for sure.

Screen%20shot%202020-05-04%20at%2010.17.35%20pm
joined Jul 1, 2015

Worth the wait. I'm so glad they were able to sleep together for the first time in a way that didnt feel like cheating. Plus "momo." really intimate scene

but i hope we arent going from one enemy to the next!

PrismaticOwl
Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

I don't think Tazune's done being the villain yet.

oh_how_droll
Suiren
joined Apr 1, 2020

That was beautiful

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Exactly. What did I just see. Lol

I'm not really fond with cheating but seriously, I could care less with that kind of guy.

Yuriburrito
joined Apr 8, 2019

Welp. She finally did it.

She ran away with her, girl.

END CREDITS.

joined Jun 12, 2019

You saw two women in love. YESS FUCK TAZUNE
They can finally be happy together ahhhhh I’m happy

Man, Tazune is great at being full of shit from the beginning right to the very end, that being said I'm happy our girls got to run away and also there's nothing sweeter, than bringing up old nicknames.

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Oh man oh mannn the latest chapter making me nervous again for their future

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I honestly had to do breathing exercises before opening this chapter because I was just so worried. A manga never made me feel this way before. I’m glad they got away from Tazune; I hope he never ever shows up again.

last edited at Jun 2, 2020 10:58PM

Machi_12696
joined Feb 2, 2020

FUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEESS

To reply you must either login or sign up.