Forum › Kadan -Helichrysum- discussion

joined Jun 12, 2019

"You're the one who hurt me" Excuse me what ? You were sober enough at the start to stop it so there is playing the non consent card here. And hurt what ? Unless she was the one who cheat with your BF, i don't really understand what she hurt. Also i can't take very seriously when she is constantly biting her thumb.

I mean, Nazomi was LITERALLY blackout drunk. Even if we pretend that Nozami being blackout drunk and Shion being sober in no way invalidates her consent, it's far more than that.

Nozomi had just had her heart broken and was INCREDIBLY emotionally vulnerable. Shion absolutely took advantage of that. In the exact same way so many men have before.

Nozomi is right to feel betrayed, and yeah, she was assaulted.

Also, it's kind of refreshing to see a Yuri manga dealing with these themes.

Yup I agree!

joined Jun 12, 2019

Also in the last panel bit her nail or thumb so hard it bled I think. I kinda like that little detail tbh it gives a bit more about her personality/characteristics

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

Well, she was drunk, but if you say that not so drunk, think about that she neither said yes. She only said "stop, no, please". And she was emotionally hurt and weak.

See it the way you want, but he friend totally took advantage of her, and forced she to drink alcohol mouth to mouth too, so... Yeah, rape.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Nah, I saw this trope too many times, it never ends well. Nope.
So Shion Nozomi took away Nozomi's Shion's boyfriend, and that's why Nozomi Shion is angry on Shion Nozomi.
I think.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kadan_helichrysum_ch02#20
That's my guess.
het tag pls

Edited cuz I think I haven't woken up fully when I typed it

last edited at May 2, 2020 5:04PM

C4u8pkcuoaauccv
joined Oct 31, 2018

...this is much worse than the bad vibes I'd gotten. I think I'd have rather it played the closeted homophobia obstacle as opposed to... what feels like the inevitable brushing-off of rape

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

What's the odds that she's not remembering the whole event and the actual lead up to them having sex was different than we're being shown in this chapter?

last edited at May 1, 2020 12:20PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

What's the odds that she's not remembering the whole event and the actual lead up to them having sex was different than we're being shown in this chapter?

Yeah, the whole point of the story seems to be that she's piecing together what happened out of fragments of memory, and she's coming to conclusions based on that incomplete understanding. We don't know when Shion confessed, or when Nozomi got drunk.

I mean, I'm not gonna assume the end result might not still be problematic, this is a contentious issue and a lot of people have a dated attitude about it, but a lot remains to be seen at this point.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

It's fun to take a look at these discussions when you already know how this story ends, lol.

joined Mar 5, 2019

So Shion took away Nozomi's boyfriend, and that's why Nozomi is angry on Shion. That's my guess.

Nah... The girl in this panel isn't Shion. She never "took away Nozomi's boyfriend". Do the rest of the things she did seem kinda scummy, and without further details look like she took advantage at best, and raped her at worst? Yeah, it does seem that way. So, while I don't agree with this one conclusion, I do agree that I've seen this in the other Yuri and I think I might be out.

C4u8pkcuoaauccv
joined Oct 31, 2018

Yeah, the whole point of the story seems to be that she's piecing together what happened out of fragments of memory, and she's coming to conclusions based on that incomplete understanding. We don't know when Shion confessed, or when Nozomi got drunk.

I mean, I'm not gonna assume the end result might not still be problematic, this is a contentious issue and a lot of people have a dated attitude about it, but a lot remains to be seen at this point.

...oh. I like this take better than my swiss cheese brain take

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So Shion took away Nozomi's boyfriend, and that's why Nozomi is angry on Shion. That's my guess.

You really read it badly, why would she have text Shion if she was the one who cheated with her BF ? And can we cut it out with the "rape" thing. Also, who said that Shion wasn't drunk too ? There is 2 glasses hre, so it's safe to assume that Shion was a bit drunk too. DId she was forceful ? Yes. Is it rape ? Hell no.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Nah, I saw this trope too many times, it never ends well. Nope.

What? Seriously, what? Where did you get the idea that Shion took away Nozomi's boyfriend? Shion wasn't the one he cheated with, if she was, Nozomi wouldn't have texted Shion for comfort in the first place and Shion wouldn't have shown up asking what happened.

There's not much point telling a story about this girl piecing together fractured memories if there aren't going to be misunderstandings along the way, so it seems pretty likely we're in the middle of said misunderstanding. Part 3 is probably going to be about Nozomi remembering Shion confessing before she was drunk and agreeing to go for it before her judgement was impaired.

If not that, worst case scenario is the one where Nozomi realizes that Shion's feelings were sincere and forgives her for taking advantage, but Shion NTRing Nozomi with her boyfriend is waaaaay off the map. Like "here there be dragons" territory.

I don’t think it was rape guys, even in the beginning of the chapter Nozomi is saying how cute Shion is, how she could only think of Shion after her break up and she had completely forgot about the break up and it wasn’t a shock to her. I think Nozomi has had a crush on Shion but is conflicted by being with a woman. Alas, I await chapter 3 to see if my theory is accurate.

joined Dec 8, 2016

As someone who doesn’t understand the language, but read the RAWs anyway, it’s either two things:

A. Shion is super-persistent... in a yaoi sort of way. Or,
B. Nozomi’s recollection of the events that took place is only a third of the way complete.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

there seems to be a disconnect between chapters 1 and 2. Nozomi's recollection in chapter 1 is very different from that in chapter 2. i cannot tell if the two chapters are based on two different events or the same event that the authors reworked. i think it is going to take an additional chapter or two to make sense of the mismatch.

Looking East
45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

"You're the one who hurt me" Excuse me what ? You were sober enough at the start to stop it so there is playing the non consent card here. And hurt what ? Unless she was the one who cheat with your BF, i don't really understand what she hurt. Also i can't take very seriously when she is constantly biting her thumb.

I mean, Nazomi was LITERALLY blackout drunk. Even if we pretend that Nozami being blackout drunk and Shion being sober in no way invalidates her consent, it's far more than that.

Nozomi had just had her heart broken and was INCREDIBLY emotionally vulnerable. Shion absolutely took advantage of that. In the exact same way so many men have before.

Nozomi is right to feel betrayed, and yeah, she was assaulted.

Also, it's kind of refreshing to see a Yuri manga dealing with these themes.

Yup I agree!

I wouldn't go so far as to say she was blacked out drunk since she clearly remembers it and I think assault is too heavy an adjective for what happened, but other than that I too agree. Waiting for an opportunity to push sex on your friend until she is drunk and emotionally compromised is a dick move regardless of gender.

last edited at May 1, 2020 2:22PM

joined Jul 23, 2017

It's fun to take a look at these discussions when you already know how this story ends, lol.

Hahahahah true

joined Feb 22, 2018

Helichrysum Orientale AKA the Immortelle or the Everlasting Flower. In flower language it symbolizes everlasting or eternal love.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Well these comments makes the next chapter ever so more thrilling~ can’t wait

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

Shion basically sexually assaulted Nozomi and is pretending nothing happened. Y e p Y e p

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Eh, sexual assault is iffy, but she definitely took advantage of her in a vulnerable time and encouraging more alcohol. There is a disconnect in chapter 1 and 2, so maybe there is more to it, or maybe they will deal with the issue of sexual assault head on.

Either way, I am getting my fill of sexy yuri story, which is why I mostly read these. Sexual assault is a plus if its drawn sexy enough.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

there seems to be a disconnect between chapters 1 and 2. Nozomi's recollection in chapter 1 is very different from that in chapter 2. i cannot tell if the two chapters are based on two different events or the same event that the authors reworked. i think it is going to take an additional chapter or two to make sense of the mismatch.

The memory in chapter 1 is after they got to the hotel. The memory in chapter 2 is when they were at the karaoke parlor before they went to the hotel. They had sex in the karaoke parlor, then went to a hotel to continue sexing, either because they just wanted to or because they were too drunk to get all the way home. What's the difficulty?

joined Apr 16, 2017

To be fair shion kinda forced more alcohol down nozomi's throat when she was about to protest. Nozomi should be angry but I think nozomi has always liked shion that and is just using anger as way to bury that feeling

joined Mar 8, 2019

We are missing quite a bit of information and conversation. Nozomi's remembering fragments of their night together and right now she feels Shion took advantage of her vulnerable state, so why doesn't Shion believe this was the case? Shion was talking about 'lodging arrangements'- is she talking about the two of them moving in together? How to split the hotel bill? Or maybe even some sort of class trip? It's more like it's the former since Nozomi seems like she was living with her ex. And Shion's 'All of a sudden' makes me feel like they established some sort of parameters, like perhaps they'd talked about the change in their relationship before/after they slept together.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

So, looking only at the evidence that we have been provided with thus far, it does not look good for Shion. Say what you will about their respective levels of drunkenness, she was clearly drunk when Shion arrived. If you initiate sex with a person who is mentally and emotionally compromised, it’s technically rape. If they tell you to stop, and you continue on regardless, it’s even more so. Doesn’t matter if they eventually get into it, consent was still violated. Based on that, it seems pretty obvious, based on what we have seen, that Scion assaulted Nozomi while she was drunk and heartbroken, and either doesn’t realize how wrong it was or is simply trying to pretend it never happened. Either way, it’s a pretty scummy thing to do.

That being said, there are several things that aren’t adding up here. Shion’s reaction to being accused of betraying her friend is off, and there’s a notable gap between Shion arriving at the karaoke bar and the two of them having sex, as well as in between the two girls having sex in the karaoke bar and going to the hotel from chapter 1.

This whole story is honestly really intriguing (and pretty sexy to boot), and I’m looking forward to modifying my assessment as more of Nozomi’s memories return and more of the story comes to light.

To reply you must either login or sign up.