Forum › Fuzoroi no Renri discussion

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

Finally, get my proper MC-s back. At least few of them.
Chapter 28, 29 not my fav. Seems very out of the picture.

I do not mind dark stuffs if the ending is happy.

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 5:53AM

joined Dec 5, 2019

Minami's back! I always loved her design.
As for the story, maybe we will get some troibled past explained

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

In the first chapter she says he was beat up by her parent? does that mean current guardian since her biological parents are both deceased?

I'm certain the dead parent backstory is Deliquent's. It aligns with how in the previous page Minami comments about how delinquent refuses to answer the "how did she end up there" question too. Delinquent had to reveal her backstory to bond with Minami while also insinuating she knew her background (the "were similar" part).

So now with Delinquent feeling lonely again, I'm expecting some fluff with our resident Imouto next chapter.

last edited at Apr 19, 2020 7:03AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Damn that’s brutal

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

She may have changed, girl, but so have you.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

In the first chapter she says he was beat up by her parent? does that mean current guardian since her biological parents are both deceased?

I'm certain the dead parent backstory is Deliquent's. It aligns with how in the previous page Minami comments about how delinquent refuses to answer the "how did she end up there" question too. Delinquent had to reveal her backstory to bond with Minami while also insinuating she knew her background (the "were similar" part).

So now with Delinquent feeling lonely again, I'm expecting some fluff with our resident Imouto next chapter.

Yeah, Minami's dad was an abusive drunk who came after her with a knife. She got put into the public child care system to get her away from that household. Shizuka found out, intending to lord her backstory over her, but realized she sympathized, so she is sharing her own backstory because she feels like Minami can relate.

So holy shit. Shizuka's mom pulled a murder suicide and Shizuka had to bury the bodies. That is so dark.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

"Mayonegg... has changed" - Solid Snake, 2020

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Yeah, Minami's dad was an abusive drunk who came after her with a knife. She got put into the public child care system to get her away from that household.

It's basically a juvenile prison, not a child care centre. Minami is there because she did fucked up stuff when she was a kid, she says to Iori that she has done things that Iori probably wouldn't be able to forgive her for.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yeah, Minami's dad was an abusive drunk who came after her with a knife.

Note that this would not be incompatible with the parental murder-suicide story Shizuka describes (though realistically she gave her own horrible backstory to establish shared ground.)

Shizuka found out, intending to lord her backstory over her, but realized she sympathized, so she is sharing her own backstory because she feels like Minami can relate.

That's a pretty debatable reading, as her self-described motive for prying rather appeared to be genuine curiosity about Minami...

So holy shit. Shizuka's mom pulled a murder suicide and Shizuka had to bury the bodies. That is so dark.

Goes ways to explain why she's so chronically fucked up, certainly.

On another note, was I the only one to notice that Shizuka's version (recounted internally ie. without any need to gloss things for the benefit of the target audience) of their initial acquaintance indicates the one Minami gave Iori way back in ch 12 is basically BS? Not that it's hard to see why she'd prefer to tell a take that's both rather compressed and "lighter and softer"...
It does, however, have the unfortunate side effect of rendering anything Minami tells about her past inherently suspect at least as far as details are concerned. :/

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

It does, however, have the unfortunate side effect of rendering anything Minami tells about her past inherently suspect at least as far as details are concerned. :/

Not really, that specific moment just might not have been as impactful for Minami as it was for Shizuku, to remember the exact details of why they got along. Also, Minami has already told Iori that she will never go into detail about her life before. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fusoroi_no_renri_ch11#2

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Yeah, Minami's dad was an abusive drunk who came after her with a knife.

Note that this would not be incompatible with the parental murder-suicide story Shizuka describes (though realistically she gave her own horrible backstory to establish shared ground.)

No, but it would be a bit of an odd narrative choice to leave "she buried the bodies of her parents" out of the earlier infodump about a traumatic backstory.

Shizuka found out, intending to lord her backstory over her, but realized she sympathized, so she is sharing her own backstory because she feels like Minami can relate.

That's a pretty debatable reading, as her self-described motive for prying rather appeared to be genuine curiosity about Minami...

She explicitly says it was "to keep the advantage" though. The next time she sees her, though, she immediately gives up that "advantage" by sharing her own background

Curiosity is what drew her to her in the first place, but she explicitly stated her reason for stealing the answer was to have an interpersonal advantage over Minami.

Goes ways to explain why she's so chronically fucked up, certainly.

On another note, was I the only one to notice that Shizuka's version (recounted internally ie. without any need to gloss things for the benefit of the target audience) of their initial acquaintance indicates the one Minami gave Iori way back in ch 12 is basically BS? Not that it's hard to see why she'd prefer to tell a take that's both rather compressed and "lighter and softer"...

The story Minami gave wasn't about how they met, it's how they interacted on a daily basis. We don't really have any reason to doubt that both stories are true.

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

There's always the off chance "the author didn't think that far ahead at the time" option

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

She wasn't talking about minami, she was telling her her own background.

last edited at Apr 20, 2020 4:28PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

There's always the off chance "the author didn't think that far ahead at the time" option

Ya, every now and then there's a certain vibe of "early installment weirdness" because Mikanuji hadn't really decided on the details and storyline directions at the time and now has to do some surreptious retcon to fit with wherever she(?) wants to take the narrative.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

where are the new characters

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Domestic violence as a joke still isn't working for me when the character being subjected to it has this whole angsty backstory revolving around being abused.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Domestic violence as a joke still isn't working for me when the character being subjected to it has this whole angsty backstory revolving around being abused.

You will absolutely hate the next chapter then

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I like when the girls punch eachother

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice kiss. Would have liked her to show it off to the two with their damn comments to prove that they're simply mistaken about everything, but I do get that outing her (and herself) like that would not have been a smart move.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

I binge read this a week ago it's like one of my favourite now. The author is being really slow with the sister and delinquent story aren't they =D

joined May 24, 2014

No, let's not

joined Feb 23, 2016

I want more~ i want see some progress between the little sis and the delinquent xD

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I binge read this a week ago it's like one of my favourite now. The author is being really slow with the sister and delinquent story aren't they =D

I want more~ i want see some progress between the little sis and the delinquent xD

Like you guys, I'm definitely most interested in the L'il Sis x Delinquent story. Hope we get more about them soon.

last edited at Apr 23, 2020 3:48PM

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Okay, I can usually let the slapstick slide, but this was too much.

joined Feb 23, 2016

No hittin... Yameteee

To reply you must either login or sign up.