Forum › Tadokoro-san (web comic) discussion

joined Sep 13, 2018

My money's still on Nikaidou coming from an old European gangster family that's very open minded about same sex relationships.
It would explain the money, the blonde hair and her superhuman combat reflexes.

my bet on nikaidou being the daughter of a martial artists family with their own dojo , having the girl be the next heritage of the nikaidou ken but she wants to do normal girl stuff (like lusting on tadokoro)

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

A white limo speaks more to politics, industry, royalty* or something to me. If it were mafia/yakuza, she'd probably arrive in a black car with a bunch of bodyguards. If owning a dojo were their thing, they wouldn't be that rich, going by standard manga tropes.

*thus I'll stick with my theory that she's a Princess from Hell :)

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hm, it's true that a gangster family would have a black limo. But wouldn't a princess (either a figurative or literal one) also have bodyguards? Her family are cool with her skipping after school activities and sleeping with her girlfriend as long as they have a chaperone (ie wing-mom, who is actually the complete opposite of a chaperone. But they didn't know that).

Part of me is afraid it'll just turn out her parents own a company or something. That will help ensure financial stability for her and her future wife, but it's not hardboiled. I'd take the "adopted by sentient cars" backstory over that.

last edited at Feb 7, 2020 7:27AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

But wouldn't a princess (either a figurative or literal one) also have bodyguards?

My issue is essentially that I can't think of anyone that'd drive around in a limo like that and not at least have some sort of driver-bodyguard type (again, by manga standards). But we never see anyone ... I mean, clearly she has a driver. But they don't even open the door for her or anything.

It'd be true for a politician's daughter as it'd be for a rich heiress as it'd be for ...

So maybe her family knows she's as badass as she is and that's why she has no bodyguards? So totally Hell Princess. I'll just stick with that.

Or I'll have to go back the whole "this is Tadokoro's fantasy" spiel, and the lack of bodyguards is to hint at that it's just a fantasy and not real ...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Oh, you just don't notice the bodyguards. If Sasameki Koto is any indication, half the crowd around there are actually her bodyguards. :P

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

True. If we can't see any bodyguards, the only logical conclusion is that they're ninjas.
Nikaidou is a gay ninja.

last edited at Feb 7, 2020 9:43AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Keep those hypothesii running!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

SO hard boiled~!

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

HARD BOILED!

23131889_285323998648077_5029786755005305904_n
joined Jan 11, 2019

So hard boiled... i need to hydrate.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Oh, funny how you mention that...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Don't worry, Kiri-chan, there will be more once Nikaidou is done murdering that editor.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Don't worry, Kiri-chan, there will be more once Nikaidou is done murdering that editor.

Heh, yup. The current "Sunday date" arc holds promise of great cuteness and lotsa dokidoki moments to come -- but we shouldn't forget that somewhere, out there in the city, there's an evil editor in need of a good disemboweling.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'll be honest, the evil editor is the one thing I absolutely dislike about this manga. It just reeks of "anyone who criticises my work is a trolling hater", which is a dumb fantasy. Editors aren't like that, he's just doing his job.

last edited at Mar 7, 2020 11:35AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Comic book editors say hi.

joined Sep 6, 2016

Those guys just let that editor crush people knowing full well it’s on purpose, is unethical

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'll be honest, the evil editor is the one thing I absolutely dislike about this manga. It just reeks of "anyone who criticises my work is a trolling hater", which is a dumb fantasy. Editors aren't like that, he's just doing his job.

Except the other people at his job don’t see him as “just doing his job”—he’s doing his job but also being a complete asshole about it in a way that’s counterproductive to discovering and nurturing new talent.

In other words, he’s a specific character in a particular story arc in a manga rather than a statement by the author about real-life editors. (A mangaka, as it happens, who just got serialized by professional editors.)

joined May 24, 2014

Pixivy update

DAY HARD! LAST DIE!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's been a while since Yuri Ichigo update anything. I wish nothing bad happen to them but inthe mean time, I wish someone update some of their work because god know when they come back or worst, if they come back.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I can't help but feel liked Nikaidou is showing off just a teeeny bit.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I thought HSKFYTOKEHS was just marvelous in that

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Bryce Wallace stars as John McCain in Day Hard

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

For a second I thought they went to an amusement park. Kinda similar in some way, now I have curiosity if something like this exist at that scale.

(Also, it would have been funny if they watched a movie in the limousine and then went to the cinema).

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

are the chapters not going to be inked anymore? if so that really stinks.

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

are the chapters not going to be inked anymore? if so that really stinks.

I bet its a Covid / deadline issue.

To reply you must either login or sign up.