Forum › Onee-san wa Joshi Shougakusei ni Kyoumi ga arimasu discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Serenata posted:

God, forgive me for what I am about to read https://youtu.be/qQ3ZVmXNgt0

Lol, this version actually sounds great xD

I read newest chapter randomly on a whim and rotfl it's hilarious. I laughed so much. No clue how anyone can take any of this seriously.

Look I'm not profoundly offended by this stuff, but I can totally understand why people would be deeply disturbed by a girl hungry pedophile being the star of a light hearted gag manga, especially anybody who had been the victim of one.

If it offends you, then don't read it. Especially people who have had traumas. I don't know why they would want to subject themselves to it. The world isn't black and white.

First of all: I was just answering Nevri's question on how anyone could take any of this seriously.
Second this is a real touchy subject. It's very existence might disturb some people. It's a story about a pedophile, of goodness sake. I hope we can all agree pedophiles are bad. While I don't think liking this story nesesserily makes a person a horrible pervert. I think it's insentative to simply tell triggered people you don't like it don't read.

last edited at Jan 14, 2020 11:20PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

There are many things in the world that disturb me purely for existing. Expecting nothing in the world to disturb you, to the point you want to eliminate anything that does, is a toxic though process. Live and let live is the best life advice I've ever heard.

last edited at Jan 15, 2020 12:29AM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

There are many things in the world that disturb me purely for existing. Expecting nothing in the world to disturb you, to the point you want to eliminate anything that does, is a toxic though process. Live and let live is the best life advice I've ever heard.

Normally I'd whole heartedly agree with you. However I feel there are lines that can't be crossed, without expecting outrage. For example a story that promotes violence, against a particular race or group is understandingly going to make people mad. I would not want to live in a world where it didn't. A story glorifying pedophilia fits that bill. After all it's promoting a type of violence against children. If you think about it the light hearted nature of this particular story makes it even worse, because it makes pedophilia look harmless when it's anything but.

Edit: I guess the bottom line is any story that promotes hatred, bigotry, and/or violence is fair game for angry criticism, in my book.

last edited at Jan 15, 2020 3:37AM

joined Dec 28, 2016

I guess I beg to disagree, but maybe I'll find I agree with you if I find something that crosses such a line. I've never seen any fiction that glorifies violence against a race/group, but if I read it maybe I'd find it unacceptable that it exists. Thus far I've never hit any fiction that I dislike so much I would strike out with angry criticism against it existing.

Fiction "glorifying" or at least "reveling" in pedophilia has been around for a very long time. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolita

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

I think it's insentative to simply tell triggered people you don't like it don't read.

It's literally the only reasonable choice.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Amazing, can't wait to see Coco destroy this high schooler.

is marriage legal at like 10 in japan

She's between 15 and 16.

last edited at Mar 18, 2020 10:05PM

joined Apr 19, 2017

is marriage legal at like 10 in japan

FancyShipper30
joined Aug 16, 2018

Manaka-chan is here to get Minori back

joined May 24, 2014

I usually don't like harems but I'll make an exception here.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I'll skip all the moral discussion since this is a freaking manga and say... it may lean on the "a wee too creepy" side sometimes but it's also drawings, so.. it has funny moments and I've seen stuff infinitely worse, like guro, now that disturbs me more. Either way, I am not really a fan of lolicon, pedos and what not but, legit toddlercon is "worse".

Anyway, this has some funny things and I wanna see more about that Manaka-chan!

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Of course the "returning lost love" cliche involved a slightly older Loli.
Imagine Manaka's train of thought when overhearing Coco:
(Minori-chan!)
"Well, that could be another Minori..."
(Your boobs are mine!)
"Nope, that's definitely my Minori"

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Normally I'd whole heartedly agree with you. However I feel there are lines that can't be crossed, without expecting outrage. For example a story that promotes violence, against a particular race or group is understandingly going to make people mad. I would not want to live in a world where it didn't. A story glorifying pedophilia fits that bill. After all it's promoting a type of violence against children. If you think about it the light hearted nature of this particular story makes it even worse, because it makes pedophilia look harmless when it's anything but.

Edit: I guess the bottom line is any story that promotes hatred, bigotry, and/or violence is fair game for angry criticism, in my book.

Making something into a joke in a work of fiction is not glorifying it or promoting it in the slightest. Your lack of understanding of how fiction works, and the effect it has on people without mental deficiencies is very clear. Simping for the non-existent lolis isn't going to win you points with anyone.

Captura
joined Feb 7, 2018

Wtf the licking part

joined May 11, 2016

Wtf the licking part

.... isn't long enough...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Wtf the licking part

Business as usual for our little devil Coco.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Can't even refute if FBI comes to take me
chuckles ha-ha

last edited at Mar 19, 2020 7:53AM

joined Apr 8, 2018

Wtf the licking part

I love the mom's reaction to that, at this point Coco isn't afraid of flirting with Minori in front of her mom, and she can't blame Minori for anything when Coco is doing it herself.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

No, you're not old enough.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Can't even refute if FBI comes to take me
chuckles ha-ha

The FBI doesn't give one flying rat's ass about loli hentai, because it doesn't break any laws. Even if it's a joke, it's ridiculous to continue the "well, now I'm on a list" meme when it makes no sense. Dead meme, was never funny in the first place.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Chekhov's Manaka.

The moment she was mentioned (and appeared in a flashback) I knew that, before the end of the chapter, she would return to Minori. And, of course, it happened.

Of all literary devices, Chekhov's gun gotta be the most used in romantic/funny manga series. If I had a dime for every time some character recalls some element from events past, only to see said element come into play again before the end of the chapter, I could buy my own publishing company.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^ She was introduced already at the end of the previous chapter, though. ;)

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

You are confusing and misusing your terms. Pedophilia is not the same thing as child rape. Pedophilia is simply the attraction to prepubescent children which although certainly a bit creepy and odd is completely victim-less and thus is not immoral. Child rape or any other form of sexual abuse or harassment is a totally different story and is extremely immoral due to the harm it causes the children. A good way to think about this is how being a heterosexual is not the same thing as being rapist. Being heterosexual is not in and of itself immoral, but rape certainly is.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

^ She was introduced already at the end of the previous chapter, though. ;)

Oh, you're right. Although at the time we had no idea who she was -- or what she was to Minori. Funny how I forgot about that scene.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

To be fair, that scene at the end of chapter 13 was not an example of the literary device known as Chekhov's gun. It was an example of another literary device, specific to the yuri genre, known as "the ex returns" (or, to Spanish speakers, as "otra vez Zorra-chan"). ¯⧹_(⁰͡ ͜ʖ⁰͡ )_⧸¯

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

ah, this is a loli paradise

To reply you must either login or sign up.