Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

joined Sep 13, 2018

I think the problem is ... orz

See I don't even know if that's apt way to describe what's going on though? Like we don't know her exact feelings on what Tazune's done to her, just that now him grabbing her scares the hell out of her. Maybe she, like a lot of abuse victims, doesn't feel like there's a way out or that she's just trying to enjoy these last few weeks of her life before resigning herself to a 'normal' life. Maki doesn't even know the full context of things going on, we know Midori is abused so expecting her to bring it up is a difficult line to cast, while Maki clarifies her reason for not asking what's going on. The difficulty of bringing up abuse is a pretty clear issue in real life, and I imagine the same is the case here too. Like we gotta keep in mind here this isn't just like "Oh I've run into a rough patch and need a little pick me up so I'm gonna reach out to my friend here", it's "I had a neglectful childhood that's melded with years of societal expectations for women, which mixes further with the fact that I've ended up in a scenario where I'm pregnant and in a relationship with my coworker who's abusing me". The former sucks, but is far less complicated and works much better to the scenario described, the latter though? That's messy, but I don't think the way Maki and Midori are going through it is a bad one.

There's no need to game theory it really imho, especially when the dealer hasn't put all the cards on the table yet. Like... Currently we have Maki's perspective on the matter. Yeah she's hurt, but she's voiced "If I really wanted to, I could just leave. But I don't." Maki's in love with Midori and wants to help her, whether the whole truth comes out via Maki managing to ask or Midori pulling through and asking I dunno, but both don't seem bad. Maki is going to pull through and be happy with Midori, that seems to be fine. Messy on the way there, sure, but ultimately fine. Maybe if there was better resources available and more than two people were aware anything was up, there'd be a different context to the whole scenario, but there isn't really. So... Shrugs?

Pretty sure the ...one way or another.

I've said it before and I'll say it again (Not sure if I've said it hear specifically but) Comphet is one hell of a drug, esp when mixed with other societal and personal issues.

Everything you pointed out does make sense, my comment wasn't so much on Maki being obsessed with Midori, I though maki may end up hurt because even if midori frees herself from Tezune she might try to be "normal" again, even if it's quite clear that Midori likes Maki a lot.

I do hope their relationship works out tho.

Eeh, given the themes of the story and how Maki is very much so a person to go against the grain, I'd imagine that's effecting Midori through proximity to her at the very least. It's clearly having an effect on her so far imho

Pretty sure the ...one way or another.

I've said it before and I'll say it again (Not sure if I've said it hear specifically but) Comphet is one hell of a drug, esp when mixed with other societal and personal issues like neglect and abuse.

joined Apr 29, 2018

well till now i really like this manga, usually i hate realistics thinks but this one is exception for whatever reason. i on the over hand, have a feeling that... we might have some surprise from komari... i have some speculations about her but i'd rather keep those for myself because they're useless and... i don't want them to be true. but the fact is that i expect some... surprise to hit...

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

we might have some surprise from komari... i have some speculations about her but i'd rather keep those for myself because they're useless and...

Oh, don't worry about it, share what you think :)

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

jbghhfghjg "Maki hands of chapters". I want to see Komari!

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Sexy Akiba Detectives you guys don't get enough praise for all your hard work, love you guys
And mad respect for the author, every chapter is such a great ride

joined Jan 22, 2015

I hate how into this story I am.

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

I hate how into this story I am.

It's like the other 20 stories with similar plots but both main characters are interesting.

Ok I have to ask how many chapter's are out?

joined Sep 6, 2018

Ditto! How many chapters for the whole series? Does it end quickly or does it stretch out forty chapters?

last edited at Mar 5, 2020 8:39PM

joined Sep 6, 2018

If the mangaka keeps up the good work, this manga will turn into a live action movie. Lovey Dovey anime won’t cut it with this material.

I dislike all the characters, but I’m curious as to how the train wreck will turn out.

What I do like is the pressure upon all the characters in adhering to society’s norms and expectations, then skewering those cultural roles behind closed doors or in the closet. The model husband being the monster at home, the wife clinging to hope in sticking with traditional wife's duties to attain happiness, and the useless lesbian not having the courage to get out there... it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

I liked the detail in this chapter on the unwashed blood stain on the floor... tells a lot about the relationship between husband and wife.

last edited at Mar 5, 2020 8:50PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ditto! How many chapters for the whole series? Does it end quickly or does it stretch out forty chapters?

I believe i've seen someone said it ended at 16 chapters earlier in the thread but not sure.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

i said i was gonna stop reading but i didn't. fooled you.

cute chapter. maybe things will work out? main girls get together. other lady gets with stupid husband. he does something she doesn't like. he goes to jail. main girls raise baby. ex-husband rots in jail. everyone happy

edit: you can really feel the fear of abuse in this chapter.

last edited at Mar 6, 2020 1:08AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

That's way too optimistic

joined Sep 13, 2018

Well, seems like to me Midori's realized she definitely loves Maki back at least (That kiss was definitely Midori towards Maki, as Midori's trying to get taller rather than Maki the other way around). She definitely doesn't have anything positive feeling toward Tazune any more given her behavior in the last few chapters, which good on her. 'Course whether her and Maki both see this is as one last bit of happiness (She did right his surname last chapter) or if Midori eventually tells Maki about Tazune and I'd imagine that would make her act, I dunno.

Wonder if Doumyou's gonna out Midori or if Tazune stumbles on it accidentally. Overall, I dunno if I'd call this chapter cute, hell this is probably the only time I wish a kiss from the main two didn't happen because oh God last thing I want Doumyou to think is that she's doing a good thing by telling Tazune or whatever.

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Tazune's definitely going to snap when he sees that picture. Id be surprised if all three are left unharmed.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Again, laughed at this level of writing. Man, people in manga are some pro paparazzi, I need ages to photo something with my phone.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Gonna point out one detail we are conveniently overlooking - Midori is, by any normal standard, cheating, while as far as we know Tazune is not (yet, though obviously thinking of it). Knowing Tazune is abusive, knowing the pregnancy is due to him just deciding he wanted to go in raw and nakadashi, and of course being on this site we aren't going to care much. From a perspective of ignorance, though, it looks flipped from what we see.

In any case it's obvious they aren't really into each other and both are more in for something on the side, so maybe, just maybe they should not get married?

I hope the new girl helps Maki and Midori get knocked out of the mental trap that keeps them from acknowledging that they are a couple already, obviously want to be together, and Tazune isn't committed to the relationship either so BAIL NOW!

I just know the damn pregnancy is going to make this shitty and complicated. If there is a fight over custody, once again, there is proof Midori is cheating and with a woman at that, while no one but us and Midori knows Tazune is an abusive dick. Best case, it doesn't come down to that, Maki and Midori get together and raise the child. Worst case, lots of drawn out drama.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I guess I should say, worst case, violence, abuse, and assault, though I'm honestly hoping we can not go further down that route. That said, the author has already brought that out so hoping it ends here is probably optimistic. Sadly.

joined Sep 13, 2018

Gonna point out one detail we are conveniently overlooking - Midori is, by any normal standard, cheating, while as far as we know Tazune ... case, it doesn't come down to that, Maki and Midori get together and raise the child. Worst case, lots of drawn out drama.

Like I said, first time I really didn't want a kiss between the two gay women to happen because Oh God. I hope Doumyou hears whats happening and finds it in her to delete it. And like, hopefully she's not a homophobe or whatever. I wonder if she's gonna come over to fuck Tazune and see the blood stain on the floor?

Yeah I'm really curious what Komari is gonna add to the plot. I was hoping she'd play an actually seen role and hey, we've seen her.

last edited at Mar 5, 2020 10:01PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Komari a cute, be the wingwoman

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Up to now, Tazune always was my number one hated character in this manga... but, somehow, in this chapter, I hated Doumyou the most.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Damn Doumyou.

Just saw the newest is chapter 15.

last edited at Mar 5, 2020 11:16PM

joined Sep 13, 2018

Up to now, Tazune always was my number one hated character in this manga... but, somehow, in this chapter, I hated Doumyou the most.

Eh, I still hate Tazune far more than Doumyou. It'll be shitty if she outs Midori while going after Tazune to fuck him, but to her mind, she did see Midori kiss someone else for no reason (in her mind). Shitty abuser is gonna be worse than an opportunistic woman who's lacking some important info.

Also: Gotta wonder if Komari invited Maki with the idea that she'd invite Midori too? The girl seems to have a good head on her shoulders and she really seemed to wanna play wingwoman earlier.

last edited at Mar 6, 2020 12:07AM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/run_away_with_me_girl_ch08#18

Typical macho shit there. Tazune's not afraid to lash out at women cumming and dumping. He's not afraid to lose control and knock off his pregnant wife bloodied to the ground, but he's deathly awkward, no, AFRAID, to even say sorry. The hell with it putting it off.

He's afraid of the things that matter.

As for Doumyou, I'm cautiously curious as to how she plays out with this new info in her hand. I was initially thinking that she's going to use the photo to "indict" Midori. But on second thought maybe that bloodstain on the floor will be of good use. Doumyou will somehow be a part of a realization.

Komari seems like a sweet kid to me. Maybe she'll be a catalyst for Midori, more than Tazune, for her to finally decide on what she wants for herself involving Maki and her unborn child.

Dsisterism_021_015-1-1
joined Oct 7, 2015

komari... save maki from this pefore it blows up..
but if she saves Maki, who will save Midori..?

To reply you must either login or sign up.