Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

If this is realistic then I guess humanity is more doomed than I thought it to be

People potentially ending up as awfully fucked up adults due to traumatic childhood experiences isn't exactly news; if it is to you I daresay the issue lies at your end.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I was hoping to see comments about people reeling about the newest chapter but it's a shitshow for some reason? I thought people would want to kill Tazune as much as I do but I guess not.

I daresay the vast majority of the readers wants to kill Tazune as much as you do, and wishes for Maki and Midori to be happy together. The problem is the very vocal minority of Tazune devotees. It's always the same thing in these threads. Have you read "Childhood Friend Yuri" by Garun? It's about a girl who falls for her trans friend and the two become a yuri couple. Well, most people who read the story loved it... but a small minority of transphobic sickos flooded the thread with hate messages, and forced Nezchan to intervene and delete all that crap. (And there were pages of it!)

Here, we have a small number of peepz shitting bricks of text to explain that Tazune's abusive behavior towards his woman (verbal abuse, emotional abuse, public humiliation, and now physical violence too) is okay because "that bitch deserves it." >_< Sigh. Il faut de tout pour faire un monde, I guess — or a forum.

It's always weird how much of a mess online forums become. I genuinely can't tell if the people who like the husband are trolling, if they just need help.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

About the "incel" terminology thing--this chapter did not reveal that Tazune is "really" an incel--it shows that he once was in the situation that a lot of men who describe themselves as incels believe they are in. Having gotten laid, and with the reasonable prospect of getting laid in the future, he is by definition NOT an incel.

What he is now is a version of a pick-up artist (PUA).

Incels share with PUAs an unbelievably shitty ideology about women and gender relations; it's just that PUAs believe they are successful at exploiting that ideology for their own sexual/ego gratification while incels believe they are (for cultural, economic, and/or personal reasons) disqualified from exploiting that ideology, and they are bitterly resentful about it.

In a way incels and PUAs are two sides of the same misogynistic coin, but they aren't equivalents (and each would certainly hate being mistaken for the other).

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

About the "incel" terminology thing--this chapter did not reveal that Tazune is "really" an incel--it shows that he once was in the situation that a lot of men who describe themselves as incels believe they are in. Having gotten laid, and with the reasonable prospect of getting laid in the future, he is by definition NOT an incel.

Incels share with PUAs an unbelievably shitty ideology about women and gender relations; it's just that PUAs believe they are successful at exploiting that ideology for their own sexual/ego gratification while incels believe they are (for cultural, economic, and/or personal reasons) disqualified from exploiting that ideology, and they are bitterly resentful about it.

In a way incels and PUAs are two sides of the same misogynistic coin, but they aren't equivalents (and each would certainly hate being mistaken for the other).

Oh, yeah, this reminds me of Knowing Better's video on the Red Pill, so-called "Men's Rights Activists" and the Manoshpere. It (and a previous video of his on Feminism and Social Justice) are really worth to watch.

Might as well provide links to both, even tho the Red Pill video is much more relevant to this:

Feminism and Social Justice
Taking on the Red Pill

joined Sep 3, 2017

I dunno if I've seen people defend Tazune as much as say that we hadn't seen him be actually abusive yet. We'd seen some problematic behavior and some stuff that was maybe, maybe not, insinuated to be his general behavior.
Looking back and assuming this isn't intended to be an abrubt turn, I think the author's intent was that his asshole behavior was just examples of his behavior, that these were things he did casually and often. I dunno, I gave him more of the benefit of doubt than he evidently deserved. I had an assumption that he was going to be more of a sympathetic antagonist than he is turning out to be. Ah well, assumptions make an ass out of you and me, etc.

Still like the story though, he is certainly less sympathetic, but his backstory fits - social isolation, drawing all the wrong conclusions from his interaction with women... ugh. I hate that it's a thing I see constantly IRL, people instinctively assuming that because people have a reaction to them, there must be something wrong with people and not something they're themselves doing. Looking forward to seeing him getting his comeuppance somehow, would be lovely to see him getting the shit kicked out of him.

joined Sep 3, 2017

Actually. rereading a bit, I like the touch that this burst of violence, this look inside his head, recontextualizes things before it. I assumed that his assholery was the exceptions to the norm, that Midori had muted reactions because she was, well, Midori and didn't want to rock the boat and because she was a bit stunned by his words/actions. Now, rereading, I can see how Midori's reactions being muted fits as well, or even better, with this being how he often acts and her just putting up with it as the price for not being alone. That she is used to this from him. This is good writing, I love that the author is forcing me to reevaluate some of my assumptions.

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

That's why I called him a previously-incel turned probable-cheating wifebeater. He had a similar situation to them before, now he's different!

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 5:46PM

joined May 7, 2017

Who's Maki? Isn't this story supposed to be Takune and Midori? What the heck this girl strange is doing at my het story? ....

Kaban_chan_by_tjcooper666_dchtu4u-pre
joined Aug 30, 2014

Who's Maki? Isn't this story supposed to be Takune and Midori? What the heck this girl strange is doing at my het story? ....

? this is a girl x girl story not a het story.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's a joke and she just fly above your head.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

r/woooosh

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

"oh boo hoo, he got made fun of by some girls." who caaaaares lmao
i'm thinking the mangaka included that just to solidify what a shitbag he is

I believe that was the intention here. Also, reputation and embarrassment/shame are more significant in Japan, both the perceived consequence of losing face or being shamed and the psychological response to both. The effects of his childhood bullying are likely more pervasive and damaging (toward his personality, worldview, behaviour etc) than they would be to someone raised in the US.

If this is realistic then I guess humanity is more doomed than I thought it to be

Perhaps now is the time to load up a 10 hr video of kittens playing with bubbles because I have some bad news..

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Satisfied now, Starknight? You wanted some clarity, you got it. In any case, remember that a depiction of a character is not an endorsement of them. Tazune's character is being explicated, not excused. We are meant to hate and revile him. All the manga has done by showing us this is answering the question "How does the average person become evil?", and people's visceral reactions to it are because they know it works this way.

Did my perspective of "wait and see" really piss you people off so much that you had me up in your hearts for days? Yes, I'm satisfied with new information that give more context. Why wouldn't I be? God! Still don't like anybody in this manga except Maki.

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 7:35PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

LOOOOOOOOOL this is actually the best manga I've seen, it went so much off the deep end that it started to turn good. Tazune is based as fuck and Midori deserves everything that's coming to her. Maybe,just maybe Midori will grow into a competent human being by the end. But i'll remain doubtful.

Yes! Go, go Team Tazune!

What in the world are people cheering for someone who just show domestical abuse ? Even if she is an idiot, Midori doesn't deserve any of this Nobody should deserve to be victim of domestical abuse Can't believe those comments as still here. The thing is remain doubtful is that mister Shitty Husband will face any consequences of that. So far i don't see anything screaming good end.

Don't feed the trolls.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

What in the world are people cheering for someone who just show domestical abuse ?

There are plenty of men on this forum

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What in the world are people cheering for someone who just show domestical abuse ?

can confirm

joined May 26, 2016

Some people just need to meet a firing squad.

We need to bring those back.

joined Sep 13, 2018

That probably was the reason ... than the "main characters".

I'd argue this is just rising conflict and basic story telling. Given how prior to this you literally have people going "Well he's bad but he's not abusive" and a bunch of other people saying "Uh, no he's already abusive" shifting it to showing how his psychological abuse can change to physical at a drop of the hat because he has a fragile ego. Hell, you're not even reading what happened in the backstory correctly. Like

"he has no respect for women since they were all over him once they decided he was hot. But it's not like Midori was after him for that reason, so it almost seems like a pointless addition."

is wrong. Chances are sure some women actually noticed him because he looked more handsome now, but it was him being a misogynistic shithead that leads to him thinking that's the only reason why women care about him and that women are his little play things to manipulate and use. Hell he probably thinks Midori only cares about him because he thinks all women are easy to manipulate and are shallow.

It's funny too, it doesn't remove tension because Midori is an abuse victim You're aware abuse victims can literally die before they really want to leave their abusers right? Hell, it's an incredibly tense chapter because with how it leaves off we're left going 'So how is Midori going to rationalize her abuser's behavior to herself and will it be the wake up call she needed? Is Tazune going to get worse?' and I fail to see how that's a failure to story telling.

Or if you're complaining about how this resolves the tension by saying 'Oh well now it's clear as day Midori will leave!', because if so, I don't know if we're reading the same series. It was obvious Maki and Midori end up together. It still focuses on and is about Midori and Maki, hell this chapter ends literally going back, unless if you somehow think that a perspective shift and a bit of history somehow makes this story about him, in which case I don't know if you've ever read a narrative with more than two characters and is more than a few chapters long. This stuff happens all the time in media so I really don't follow your issues here.

Actually. rereading.. some of my assumptions.

I feel like its a matter on picking up on red flags and reading into it because of those flags. Like someone pointed out before, prior to chapter 5 he was clearly an abuser if you knew what to look for, chapter 6 just cements that by showing how he's not just a manipulative shithead but he's a ticking time bomb too.

Don't feed the trolls.

Thank you for reminding me, Heavensrun.

Also thank you Blaastar in also noticing he's a PUA and not an incel :P

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

. _.

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 10:16PM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Well, this series is going the “Gunjo” route. This is going to be painful to read...

I could totally see Maki pulling a Gunjo styled Murder-Yo-Pathetic-Husband-Knife-Bloodbath scene but alas this is cutesy shoujo styled. xD

Now I'm just really scared my predictions of a miscarriage might be possible.

..fucking hell..

last edited at Feb 25, 2020 10:27PM

Alex
joined Jan 23, 2017

now I want him more dead than before

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

And to think somebody tried to get me banned just for saying people are too soft on the female characters.

Dynasty%20icon
joined Nov 18, 2018

maybe its just me but with chapters 5+6 this manga has now taken a much darker turn. and for the worse too

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Well I mean we were warned it was gonna get pretty rough for a few chapters

joined Sep 13, 2018

And to think somebody tried to get me banned just for saying people are too soft on the female characters.

You agreed with Tazune in saying Midori is 'just an idiot with a cute face' and said Midori deserves what's happening to her, then acted smug when you were given exactly what you wanted and shown from Tazune's perspective that he's an abusive shitheel and people expected a bit of humility after being so obstinate. Maybe it's not that people are 'too soft on the female characters'. :V

That said, I mean are they wrong? Men might find themselves sympathizing with Tazune for whatever reason, and I dunno, just see him as a rude But Not Abusive guy.

Beyond that, god I can't believe this thread for this series. After pages of victim blaming, saying Midori deserves what is happening to her, and arguing over whether or not a dude who's raising red flag after red flag is an abuser (I still don't even see why people would even care to defend him. He's not real, y'all.) And once we got a 100% clear From The Guy Himself perspective chapter that shows he's not just a mundane asshole, he's a misogynistic dipshit with some heavy chips on his shoulder, people act like it's some act of horrible story telling or whatever. Go find a different manga y'all, because this one clearly isn't

last edited at Feb 26, 2020 1:04AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.