Forum › Posts by StarKnight

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

My, my Chie is thicc...

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

The colors the author uses are just stunning. Especially on the hairs.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

I've said this before but these two, Shizuka and Mio, have by far the most unhealthy relationship in this whole manga and every time they have a dedicated chapter to them I struggle to get through it.

Mio is too good for Shizuka, she may be too good for anyone. Mio is great

Disagree. I think she's obsessive and needs some self-esteem.

last edited at Feb 6, 2021 5:21AM

StarKnight
Image Comments 11 Apr 16:40
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013
73975092_p1%20(1)

Chie is huge in this one. Almost as tall as Ai.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

StarKnight posted:

Bruh... it took me till this page full of meme dialogue before I realised something was amiss. The fujos were talking about yuri and I didn't realise!

Should I add a What the fuck am I reading tag?

Would help for the slow ones like myself. Thanks for all the work. This is one of the few manga I've kept up with consistently for years and the translations were on hiatus for well over a year at one point.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Bruh... it took me till this page full of meme dialogue before I realised something was amiss. The fujos were talking about yuri and I didn't realise!

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Huh... Twincest.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Yuu and Mari's relationship feels a little unhealthy. They got jealous because their closest friends who adore them pecked them each on the cheek.

StarKnight
Image Comments 19 Mar 23:24
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013
49186146_p5

Yaoi hands in yuri

StarKnight
Image Comments 19 Mar 23:24
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013
Eslpvptuwaaglkp-orig

The beginning of this manga is severely different to how it is now. Especially in the original Japanese.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

I honestly thought I'd have a fully wholesome chapter with Yuu but she relapsed into yandere real quick.

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

"Boob sex". How long has this tag existed?

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

For a second I thought there was gonna be a horror twist. That woman had horrifying eyes.

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

I wonder how well yuri manga sell. I bought couple of Morinaga Milk's but couldn't continue due to lack of space.

StarKnight
Image Comments 05 Mar 15:13
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013
Eqx6zpwucaadpqk-orig

Still have not gotten around to playing this game yet. I'm just stunned how many yuri art it spawned. I wonder why.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

trying to argue minutiae about just what kind of dick he is or isn't

character discussion is fun tho

Yeah, but half-page novels between the same 2 or 3 people about how wrong someone is or isn't, over and over again, that was more what I meant.

Sorry, I did try. I'll make that one my last.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

You're projecting a lot. You're the one with a chip. ... something to do with my having a penis.

Yeah, sure I'm projecting. You first posted in this thread to defend Tazune and his comments about Midori, insult Midori and say she deserves her shitty life, then make some weird ass comments about how you're sick of people defending female characters?

You're lying. Stop lying. I didn't defend anybody. The only person I cared about was Maki and I said this. This was my first post based on the first few chapters and while I admit it was a bit hostile but it was in no way the abuse-defence you're claiming it is. I said Tazune was horrible and I said Midori was horrible because I noticed her flaws just the same. You on the other hand refuse to acknowledge they even exist and that's far more problematic than anything I have said playing the devil's advocate to a man I pointed out was a bad husband.

Maybe they're not defending irredeemable women or whatever, you're just stuck thinking they're awful people like how you are with Midori. Hell your analysis of what happened with her and Maki in the earlier chapters isn't even right. She wasn't unloading baggage or trying manipulate or whatever, she was reconnecting and reminiscing with an old friend while probably having some deeper feelings sitting in her subconscious for her that made her think about the shit they used to do that made her happy.

She was not just reminiscing and you know it. She brought Maki to her home for a reason. She begged her to stay when Tazune was on his way home for a reason. Despite the fact that Midori told her nothing happened since they broke up she wanted her ex to meet her husband. She's well aware Tazune is a dickhead and she wanted Maki to see that. Why did she want her ex to see her fiance embarrass her? This is what sprouted my initial comment. The absolute refusal to acknowledged the flaws of female characters even in a manga you claim is grounded in reality for its handling of abuse.

From a story perspective it's beyond clear she actually still does like Maki, even if she's not aware of it.

From a story perspective what has shown you she legitimately likes Maki? I've no doubt that's where the manga is headed... but explain to me what in the story has shown you without doubt that she has legitimate feelings for Maki irrespective of her desire of the companionship and freedom she lost in her youth? In chapter 3 it looks like even Midori isn't sure herself.

But you've demonstrated through your desire to play devil's advocate for Tazune and ignoring the fact that he's been throwing up red flags that he's abusive since his introduction that you really don't know how to analyze media, so I guess this makes sense.

Are you capable of discourse without insults or is that just the go to when your arguments require exceptionalism? I honestly don't see how people expect ME to be the one punished with posts like these. Red flags and bona fide proof are two different things... do well to remember.

People aren't being sexist for pointing out how a patriarchy and the people who are the dominate group in it tend to be. It's politics and sociology dude. Also no one mentioned your dick dude. We're pointing out how you defended an abuser and continue to be obstinate and shit talk Midori still. Notice how none of us got mad about the other posts from guys giving their thoughts about it? We might've disagreed, but none of them are being like how you are about it, so there's the difference. But yeah sure. We're just being sexist.

How nice it must be to simply disregard a person's arguments as a product of the patriarchy. Claim a person's input is invalid because of his gender and then when checked on it. "Well, its not sexist because the patriarchy...!". What a laugh! By the by, still didn't defend Tazune, no matter how often you lie about it, it won't be true.

You didn't get mad at the other guys because they stopped posting and with a resounding echo-chamber of supporting replies you decreed a win. And some others said some really vile things that I abstained from about Midori too, but they stopped replying and that was that. I, on the other hand, kept responding and defending my position and more than the insults the incels threw out, that really seemed to have pissed you off. So much so that despite my agreeing that the relationship is abusive, you wouldn't let go of my earlier comments. So much so that you turned to blaming my gender for my opinions. What irony.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

I've already explained my definition of abuse on the page before and I mentioned it doesn't matter the abuser's intention

Are you referring to this?

Abuse is systematic and repeated physical or emotional harassment by one in power of another, whether or not the intention is to harm the victim.

Because, uh, that's our boy Tazune right there.

That indeed.

Then you are either failing to apply your own definitions or working off some pretty bizarre meanings for the component parts.

Thanks, but I think I've applied my definitions aptly.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

I've already explained my definition of abuse on the page before and I mentioned it doesn't matter the abuser's intention

Are you referring to this?

Abuse is systematic and repeated physical or emotional harassment by one in power of another, whether or not the intention is to harm the victim.

Because, uh, that's our boy Tazune right there.

That indeed.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

StarKnight is working really hard to be worthy of that one month ban that's coming to him, doesn't he?

I doubt there will be much left of StarKnight's ranting against women victims of patriarchal heteronormative pressure, calling them idiots and shits and whatnot.

This is just a flat out lie.

And I said both characters were shitty and deserved each other. I never said she deserved to be abused. Paint the whole picture and don't lie by omission.

what midori did (submit to comphet) is very different and not at all on the same level as bad as what tazune did and does (misogyny)).

...and, to be very honest, i don't think being rejected by a few women and insulted by a bratty younger sister is even that big of a deal. the flashbacks weren't violent or anything. he's just perma-salty that no lady wanted to give him the business

Tazune's a POS, no doubt and while hurting Maki is horrible, they were both kids and in Japan. I get that. My issue is the fact that she didn't learn shit from it. She pops back up years later and invites Maki into her home to unload the baggage that came with her decisions. That's why she wanted Maki to stay for dinner right? To essentially say "here, look how shitty my husband is, and I'm pregnant with his child! Isn't my life horrible?". Which suffice to say is already selfish and manipulative. Maki now thinks herself weak for not saving Midori from her own decisions. They spend the night recanting their feelings for each other, which from an in-story POV is difficult to even determine if are legit from Midori or if she simply wants companionship and escape like she always had, only for Midori to tell Maki to congratulate her for her decisions and then distance herself once more so she can have her "happiness". Those are several insensitive and boneheaded decisions over and over again.

@Anjelika

Yeah, I'm gonna put an end to this here. I've already explained my definition of abuse on the page before and I mentioned it doesn't matter the abuser's intention but its clear your aren't bothered to read and I'm not going to keep repeating myself. I'm also not prepared to continue exchanges with a blatant sexist who thinks my gender disqualifies my input.

@Samcear
You're projecting a lot. You're the one with a chip. I said Tazune was a dick and Midori was a idiot, people tried to explain why its okay and reasonable she's the way she is, I responded by playing devil's advocate and said those same things could apply to Tazune, and you all flipped out and haven't stopped for several days. Meanwhile, the same people claiming how abused Midori is have been throwing ad hominems and sexist comments.

Again, I'll reiterate I had agreed with you all several pages ago but I guess I just didn't agree hard enough and from what I'm told that has something to do with my having a penis.

last edited at Feb 26, 2020 4:07PM

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

StarKnight is working really hard to be worthy of that one month ban that's coming to him, doesn't he?

Pray tell the rules I've violated.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

You know full well had this been brought before a judge it would be disregarded.

That's hilarious.

Except for the brief period where he's trying to get her into bed, every single interaction between Tazune and Midori that we see fits the textbook definition of emotional abuse--putting her down in front of her friend and her colleague, calling her names, criticizing her physical appearance, calling the baby "gross," calling her "slow," etc.

Any one, maybe two, of these could be a guy being rude and callous--in a story where every incident is designed to reveal character, together they are an unmistakable pattern of abuse.

Man tries to have sex with his date. Calls girlfriend an idiot with a cute face. Told her fetuses look kinda gross. Please charge this man. Yeah, I don't see that going down. And you know you don't either.... As much as you wish it would.

I wasn't trying to convince you of anything.

I'm sorry--"unconvincing" was just a euphemism for "stupid and wrong."

Trust me, the same would be said of your opinions outside of DS. Should have just said that and we could have stopped our exchange. I've no reason to try to change your mind and I'm not changing mine to make you feel better.

You know, the most ironic thing is that I dropped this whole debate pages ago as I ultimately agreed with the consensus after the latest chapter, but you guys just couldn't let go of the fact that the first 5 chapters didn't have enough information to call their relationship abusive so I've spent the past couple hours debating something that has already been settled.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

"calling her an idiot with a cute face wasn't abuse"

Yes it it. That's pretty much abuse. Especially if it's in front of someone else.

No, it isn't.

Bearing in mind my held view was that she wasn't being abused prior to the recent chapter, Tazune was just a dick****

Do you think this chapter was a plot twist? Did Tazune just become an abuser this chapter? Or is it perhaps possible that Tazune's character was written as an abuser all along, and you just obstinately chose to deny the signs as abuse apologists do?

No, it gave us insight into Tazune's mind, which is what I wanted to determine how he perceived his own actions or why he was insensitive. If you're going to respond to me with so much venom and misandry at least have to courtesy to read my comments so you know what you're getting involved with. This discussion happened earlier than the comment your responded to.

Of course being a yuri manga this was an inevitability but none of you had any concrete evidence to claim Midori was being abused outside of it made you feel some kind of way that he called her an idiot in front of Maki. You know full well had this been brought before a judge it would be disregarded.

Opinions other than yours exist. Cry about it.

Funny words from someone who was just whining about people not liking your shitty, god-awful takes.

Nobody has been whining more than you. You came here haughtily telling me you didn't want to see some man explain abuse as though you own the board. Go back to your safe space if it bothers you so much.

You really don't get it, do you? Tazune was shown to be abusive pretty much from the moment he was introduced.

Your distinction between "rudeness" and "abuse" for the patterns of behavior that we saw seems to be (at best) highly idiosyncratic.

And, again, specious and unconvincing.

I wasn't trying to convince you of anything. I told you what I thought because you responded to me. If you think your assertion that Tazune has been abusing Midori prior to his POV chapter would stand in court, or even outside the echo-chamber of D-S, then that's your opinion. I take the opposite. I have a strong suspicion you know it wouldn't.

last edited at Feb 26, 2020 2:19PM

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Care to articulate your actual metric for distinguishing "always being a self-centered dick" from "abuse"?

I actually did so already and I'm pretty sure you've read them. I maintained that calling her an idiot with a cute face wasn't abuse. It was insensitive and dickish. Abuse is systematic and repeated physical or emotional harassment by one in power of another, whether or not the intention is to harm the victim.

You're right--I did read them, and I thought they were specious and unconvincing.

I just thought maybe you might have something better.

Better than my initial observation that Tazune wasn't being abusive until shown to be? Nope. Afraid I don't have something better than the manga.

StarKnight
Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

found reasons to excuse her behaviour and I played devil's advocate to do the same with Tazune. You were all just pissed off because I dared to suggest Tazune may have the same reasons you used to defend Midori.

Ah yes, exactly why I come to the discussion boards of a website for media depicting women loving women: to hear the input of a man playing "devil's advocate" for an abusive man and equating his actions with the victim's. The devil doesn't need your advocacy, boy.

Why you came to this discussion board is none of my concern, sugarplum.

The most interesting thing about it has been the discussion board.

At least nobody can say you're not having fun ruining it for everyone else.

Opinions other than yours exist. Cry about it.

Midori IS an idiot. That much is a fact. And I said both characters were shitty and deserved each other. I never said she deserved to be abused. Paint the whole picture and don't lie by omission.

"I don't think she deserves to be abused, but she deserves to be with her abuser" is one hell of a technicality.

Bearing in mind my held view was that she wasn't being abused prior to the recent chapter, Tazune was just a dick****

Care to articulate your actual metric for distinguishing "always being a self-centered dick" from "abuse"?

I actually did so already and I'm pretty sure you've read them. I maintained that calling her an idiot with a cute face wasn't abuse. It was insensitive and dickish. Abuse is systematic and repeated physical or emotional harassment by one in power of another, whether or not the intention is to harm the victim.