Forum › Just The Way You Are discussion

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

My my, how short and sweet! Art was pretty decent too.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Bittersweet... but nice sweet!
Protagonist could be autistic

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Protagonist could be autistic

I had the same thought.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

@malibu: agreed. i really like minoda's art. its kinda spooky in a nice way.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm much obligated to put some Bruno Mars here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

im so glad the ending wasnt pure sad. I was rlly nervous when i saw the main char have bad luck throughout her life.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Either authistic or with any kind of memory disorder, which both enter into the psychological realm, which in turn is a whole taboo in Japan (if you have anything that can label you as "not normal" you aren't welcome).

So I see this as a very positive, if short, piece of art. One that shows that, despite all the things said/believed by most of society, there are others who are willing to give “not normal” people a chance, again a big "something" in Japan.

I love it when there are works like these, it shows us that, even with cultures as different, a slow amalgamation is happening.

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Short, simple, sweet. This is one of those ones with such brevity that I would love to see the characters and relationship fleshed out and developed more, yet at the same time I don't think it necessarily needs any of that? Just the way you are, heh.

joined Nov 21, 2018

The fact that the senpai only shows up in a picture and a flashback gives me the heebie jeebies.
Imaginary friend?
Dead?

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

The fact that the senpai only shows up in a picture and a flashback gives me the heebie jeebies.
Imaginary friend?
Dead?

now you're making me second guess how good the ending was

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

Right in the bad feels, right into the good feels. Masterful.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

lol, even as i was working on it, i never really got a vibe that she had died. but i guess it can be interpreted that way.
i just interpreted it as they were living together, lovin life, and she had her gf, so life was ok, even though she didn't really fit in.
but i like happy stuff... :P

joined Sep 28, 2018

Imaginary friend?
Dead?

An imaginary friend who owns a house?

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I dunno, seems to me like she's just looking at a picture of her girlfriend on her phone to hype herself up before what I would guess is either a job interview or just going to work. I guess it's possible her GF died, the story is certainly pretty melancholic up until then. But I don't know about reading that much into it.

Imaginary friend?
Dead?

An imaginary friend who owns a house?

It's an imaginary house!

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 12:43AM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

To me it looks like she's older then, getting ready to go in for her job, looking at old pictures of her senpai, who she is still with, reminiscing and smiling.

Capture
joined Mar 12, 2014

is senpai dead?

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Ya’ll have been broken by twist ending manga, the same logic for the senpai being dead can be used on the scenes in the beginning by looking at them as flashbacks from a time before she was happy with her gf.

The more disturbing thing is codependent relationship she’s in risk of developing

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 2:11AM

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

her last line kinda proves not only is her gf still alive, but they are still together.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

"I am human garbage"
I feel kinda attacked.
But this is a nice story, yes. Heartwarming.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

I am glad that it had something like a happy ending.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It leaves too many questions up in the air to think it's conclusively a happy ending.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Neither page 3 or 4 seem to be flash backs imo. I'd call it a happy end - as long as she has senpai.

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

very dependant which is dangerous but...wholesome if they stay together

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

"As long as she wants me to"

Oof, sounds really dangerous...but I'll just say yuri stays strong with this one.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

No way senpai is dead, after all, it sounds like if she wasn't there, the girl wouldn't have a reason to go on considering her mental state

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 8:43AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.