Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

god I love this series and I feel proud to do so

this chapter was intense

people who suffer child abuse exhibit mental troubles as adults

have yall seen the show about all sorts of weird addictions/OCDs that people have? pretty much all those people have been abused as kids

sexual abuse leads to kinks and promiscuous behavior

last edited at Jan 25, 2020 10:07AM by

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

You're gonna wanna think about amending your opinions by doing some reading and research. I won't say it never happens, but this blanket statement is troubling in and of itself for many reasons.

joined May 20, 2013

Ayako's wording of her thoughts and Asuka's dream make me wonder... Could Asuka be adopted?

Edit: I had some related theories almost two years ago, too...

Lolz. I wonder how upset people would be if that was the case. I wouldn't mind, but since incest was the main concept (sorta) than pulling a pseudo-incest would probably irk the main readers. That's just a guess, though, idk

Ok stop that shit rightnow Asuka is Ayako's daughter, there is no doubt about it. No adopted things or whatever.

Thanks. I didn't remember that extra at all. Now I wonder what else Asuka's dream was about.

Aside from that, it surprised me no one voiced worries about Ayako running into Akira's arms (bed), to divert herself from Asuka. I finally remembered what had made me feel uneasy about such a development: The end of chapter 15 reminds me of 15Y+. (Coincidence with the numbers?) I really hope this prediction won't come true, either.

As for Ayako, I also thought that the "someone like me" part was referring to her feeling being broken/damaged. So Verdant's more extensive speculation may be more correct than not. It's a really good guess, though then it's hard to imagine how this story could have a satisfying ending if Ayako and Asuka became a real couple.

I don't really like the turn this story took. I wasn't soo much into darker story like fucked up childhood, etc. I guess I'll wait until the story ends if it's really that dark.

Chapter 15 made me think the same. Until now I read the updates as soon as I had noticed them, but waiting for some chapters to pile up may really be better.

last edited at Jan 25, 2020 10:44AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

You're gonna wanna think about amending your opinions by doing some reading and research. I won't say it never happens, but this blanket statement is troubling in and of itself for many reasons.

As a child I was pressed into things with a relative and a friend of that relative a handful of times. I also fought off an attempted rape in a middle school bathroom. And I came out completely normal. I'm obsessed with incest stories. I've had 5 separate dreams of having sex with immediate family members, at least once for each. I sometimes get into things like watersports. I've... got other kinks that I will never tell anyone. Isn't everyone like this?

Yep I'm perfectly normal despite sexual abuse as a child.

joined Jun 25, 2017

I saw this coming Asuka is moments away from getting what she claims she wanted only to get cold feet at the last possible second, and Ayako completely freaking out knowing what she was about to do. Completely predictable outcome.

I think Asuka was just shook. She wanted to know why Ayako was making all the moves? She never thought Ayako would love her that was, hence when Ayako tell Asuka the hand holding in car wasn't like that. Asuka yells "I know that!" And starts to cry. Asuka just wants to why Ayako was doing that, I thin she just wants to know if Ayako loves her in that way??? And I don't think either of them can go to the next step without accepting it. ❤️

joined Mar 6, 2016

Read it on Mangadex, i will wait till it's posted here but wow.

Is it the same translator as here? You know what, thank you!!! I'll wait to comment here once it's out. But trust me, I have a lot to say. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Ahhhhh!!!!

Must admit that I'm much the same, although I'm more interested in hearing what others have to say than I have any strong take on it myself at this point.

But I do feel a bit like a kid holding their breath every time I click on "Recently Added."

Same.

Honestly same, I’ve seen the raw and was like the translation is going to be up soon, so I read it off of another site too, but it wasn’t mangadex. It was raw1h.top, cause I couldn’t wait neither. Plus that was the first site to pop up for the translation of this chapter

As a child I was pressed into things with a relative and a friend of that relative a handful of times. I also fought off an attempted rape in a middle school bathroom. And I came out completely normal. I'm obsessed with incest stories. I've had 5 separate dreams of having sex with immediate family members, at least once for each. I sometimes get into things like watersports. I've... got other kinks that I will never tell anyone. Isn't everyone like this?

I only said it because I’m in the same boat and know many others who are the same

Also there's an extensive body of studies and evidence out there.

last edited at Jan 25, 2020 1:26PM by

joined Mar 8, 2019

Verdant’s interpretation seems most plausible. I disagree with hyper sexual behavior though. There’s nothing that clearly indicates she’s had an abundance of sexual partners. In fact, it seems more like no one could get close to the ‘never smiling princess’.

If Akira had actually pursued/continued a relationship with Ayako while her brother was alive and the two were married it would make her an asshole. Plus, she doesn’t seem to exhibit that much guilt over possibly being the cause of his death seeing as she’s still in regular contact with her parents and Ayako and Asuka.

The more likely scenario if the affair thing was real would be for her to at least pull away from her parents because she killed their son while also seizing the opportunity and trying her best to become a permanent part of Ayako’s life.

It would also make Ayako an even bigger ass because she married the brother of the woman in love with her? Though maybe she didn’t actually know/ believe Akira had feelings for her? But I doubt she had feelings for Akira. Ayako’s being portrayed as someone who’s never been in love before.

Perhaps the brother found out about Akira’s feelings prior to his accident, like maybe Akira confessed to Ayako about how she feels and Ayako feels guilty because she probably thinks she did something to make Akira fall for her and that led to Atsushi’s death.

Or perhaps, the brother found out about Ayako’s traumatic past? Maybe Akira accidentally let it slip and then he felt guilty for not noticing how much his wife has been hurt?

Ayako doesn’t seem to be a closet case either? When Akira pointed out how similar Atsushi and Asuka looked, and when she remembers Akira’s own resemblance to her brother, her reaction was to seek comfort in Asuka’s arms by kissing her.

Then again, maybe all those things or none of it happened. Only Taiyaki knows....

Anyway, I feel like the conclusion of that sentence and perhaps the entire series would be “This girl is my other half.”...

last edited at Jan 25, 2020 12:02PM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Ayako's wording of her thoughts and Asuka's dream make me wonder... Could Asuka be adopted?

Lolz. I wonder how upset people would be if that was the case. I wouldn't mind, but since incest was the main concept (sorta) than pulling a pseudo-incest would probably irk the main readers. That's just a guess, though, idk

Ok stop that shit rightnow Asuka is Ayako's daughter, there is no doubt about it. No adopted things or whatever.

Lolz, that was so long ago, though, so I forgot. But what if she just dreamed that she gave birth to her baby and she woke up after adopting her?

last edited at Jan 25, 2020 12:16PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Lolz, that was so long ago, though, so I forgot. But what if she just dreamed that she gave birth to her baby and she woke up after adopting her?

Come on now, that would kill all the purpose of the incest theme.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Same omake—adoptees don’t usually breastfeed.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

For fuck's sake Asuka you're like if Tottenham was a person

r/RareInsults

But very accurate. Those of us who understand where she's coming from can vouch for it.

Tottenham turned into a person... ROTFLMAO!

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Same omake—adoptees don’t usually breastfeed.

Ah, usually being the operative word.
Anyway, i was just fooling. I know they're biologically related, no worries.

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

stop the drama and sex your mother >.>

joined May 4, 2013

stop the drama and sex your mother >.>

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

ayako: gets jealous once
ayako: time to make out with my daughter

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Why the hell did Asuka tell her to stop? That was your moment dammit. Your wing woman set it up for you girl! Jeez.

We're going to have to wait another month now right? Sigh. Feel like that was way too short...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Why the hell did Asuka tell her to stop? That was your moment dammit. Your wing woman set it up for you girl! Jeez.

Even Asuka realise Ayako wasn't really in her right mind and even if she wants it, she know that doing it here will only leave regrets for both of them because Ayako isn't fully ready to go all the way.

Yuri%20ultimate
joined Feb 5, 2015

I hope mom talks this over with Akira and is helped to the realization that she can have her Asuka and eat her, too.

I like this comment so much.

I know I'm late, but I had to say something. This was a great comment and you win some virtual cake!
:D

Also, yes, I was impressed with Verdant's theory. As someone else mentioned the hyper-sexual part may not be accurate but I think Verdant's definitely on the right track.

joined May 24, 2014

One step forward and 3 steps back

joined Feb 14, 2019

I only said it because I’m in the same boat and know many others who are the same
Also there's an extensive body of studies and evidence out there.

Not wanting to put words in anyone's mouth, but from my pov the problem was that you framed it as a blanket statement - an inevitability or at least highly probable. Your full post was:

people who suffer child abuse exhibit mental troubles as adults
have yall seen the show about all sorts of weird addictions/OCDs that people have? pretty much all those people have been abused as kids

All three statements read as strong certain assertions. It wouldn't have been a problem if less definite, eg "can lead to", otherwise it seems like you are all child sexual abuse victims are like this.

It really isn't so. CSA is an "iceberg" problem in our society, you see the tip, survivors who's lives are a wreck, but the majority are unseen, people who though some combination of recovery or repression are living "normal" lives. You could meet them, even be friends with them and you would never know (ironically the same applies for abusers too).

Due to genetics and environment people vary in their stress and anxiety responses, in their tendency to develop lasting trauma and in resilience and their ability to recover (and the support networks they have). Some people shrug off events that would wreck others, and vice versa. People prone to anxiety can be traumatised by a reaction to a "normal" event.

It isn't about blame or weakness - we don't blame someone with brittle bones for getting a fracture if they get knocked down, even though an average person would just walk away from the same event.

Effects can be exacerbated because abusers pick vulnerable victims - children who are already isolated, marginalised or different.

One of the problems is that survivors are afraid to come forward, and one of the reasons they are afraid is that they may get stereotyped as broken, fucked up, prone to sexual deviancy (that and the misperception they will be prone to be abusers themselves - that is a real doozie).

People in the kink community tend to be much more open about sexual issues, including abuse - "normal" people aren't just going to walk up to you and talk about it, so this tends to distort your perception (and people on reality TV are literally pre-screened to have a salacious backstory and be fucked-up in one way or another)

Getting to the research issue I didn't notice anything specifically on "kink", but in general the headline correlations are depression, self-harm/suicide, anxiety, substance abuse and re-victimisation. The literature reviews I checked all listed some combination of these (Wikipedia did too, so good for them). In addition there is some research suggesting a moderate level of correlation with "high risk sexual behaviour" and/or sexual promiscuity - but bear in mind this just means it is somewhat more likely among CSA survivors than the general population - many don't, and many others show this behaviour without any abuse history. Also worth noting that almost all the issues above are associated with trauma and PTSD in general, and in addition have a strong genetic component.

Just so this isn't completely OT: Ayako doesn't show consistent signs of any of those headline correlations.

Interesting links:
Literature review done for Australian Government (Institute of Family Studies) "The long-term effects of child sexual abuse" https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/long-term-effects-child-sexual-abuse/export
One of their key findings: "Not all victims experience these difficulties"

Not relevant here, but since I'm on the subject, I think everyone should read this before talking about CSA: https://aic.gov.au/publications/tandi/tandi429 "Misperceptions about child sex offenders.", Richards 2011, Trends & issues in crime and criminal justice no. 429. Canberra: Australian Institute of Criminology.

joined Feb 14, 2019

Even Asuka realise Ayako wasn't really in her right mind and even if she wants it, she know that doing it here will only leave regrets for both of them because Ayako isn't fully ready to go all the way.

Yes! Asuka doesn't just want to have sex with her mother, she is in love with her and wants a relationship. Her greatest hope is for her mother to reciprocate her feelings, but she cares about her, and she doesn't want hurt her or have her her to do something she will regret afterwards.

Asuka's greatest fear is that her mother will be disgusted, reject and abandon her... which makes Ayako's leaving rather unfortunate.

joined Jun 25, 2017

I honestly think Asuka didn't want to go far until she knew the WHY? She never in a million years thought Ayako would feel the things she feels.... I think Asuka's head was just reeling. Ha! But can y'all imagine Asuka running to Akiras place and just NOT letting her mom stay over Akiras place! Lol

joined Jun 25, 2017

Yes! Asuka doesn't just want to have sex with her mother, she is in love with her and wants a relationship. Her greatest hope is for her mother to reciprocate her feelings, but she cares about her, and she doesn't want hurt her or have her her to do something she will regret afterwards.

Asuka's greatest fear is that her mother will be disgusted, reject and abandon her... which makes Ayako's leaving rather unfortunate.

This here ☝️☝️☝️☝️

I agree, Asuka isn't just about sex. She wants to be with Ayako, a relationship between just the 2 of them. The way it's always been, plus more. And I do believe we are starting to see that Ayako wasn't only Asuka's world, buy Asuka is also AYAKO'S world. These 2 were literally made for each other. Literally Ayako made Asuka for herself. Lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.