Forum › Dear My Teacher discussion

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

No fucking way?! I thought this was completed! Then bam!!! New chapter!! And development!! I liked this one enough to not have to re-read the whole lot to remember where it was up to, also easy enough to follow and remember the plot. Thanks for the fresh chapter!

joined Nov 7, 2013

lmao, mikoto

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Sweet update. Thanks scanlation team and author-san. Bless your hearts :)

last edited at Jan 21, 2020 3:42AM

Never say I didn't try.

did you really move to the mountains? LOL It's kinda funny phrase but hurray if it's true. Sounds serene :)

I did. I already hate ski tourists, so I fit right in with the locals.

joined Jan 31, 2018

holy shit i almost forgot about this

joined Mar 18, 2018

Wait i tought this was over and done?! Glad i was wrong.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Never say I didn't try.

did you really move to the mountains? LOL It's kinda funny phrase but hurray if it's true. Sounds serene :)

I did. I already hate ski tourists, so I fit right in with the locals.

where i live we have ski tourists in winter, then cruise ship tourists in summer, i feel your pain x20 lol

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

On a scale from blergh to yay I found that latest chapter decisively meh.

joined Dec 5, 2019

Never say I didn't try.

Thank you very much fellow mountain dweller, I moved to the mountains 6 years ago.

I love this series, it was one of the first yuri manga I ever read and it's awesome in my opinion
Kaoru is going to jail for presumably(but not really) bedding an underage while working as a teacher? this could be real dangerous for her and her ability to hold her job.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...Dad totally baited her didn't he?

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

Okay now I'm hyped for the next chapter

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Yeah she got completely owned in that argument. The correct response would have been,"You have it backwards I'm not ashamed to have my father meet my lover. I'm ashamed to have my lover meet what passes for my father." Then again that might not have gone over well either.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah she got completely owned in that argument. The correct response would have been,"You have it backwards I'm not ashamed to have my father meet my lover. I'm ashamed to have my lover meet what passes for my father." Then again that might not have gone over well either.

The failure of characters to talk back to authority figures when warranted might be one of the biggest cultural gaps between Western readers and manga (also true of other Asian media, like Kdramas). Even when people do muster up the gumption to give some sass, it rarely goes far enough to be effective enough to accomplish anything substantial.

I’m aware of the cultural background of this phenomenon, and I’m not even criticizing the cultures—that’s just how they do things. But since such situations are usually ones involving some kind of frustration for the characters, sometimes it seems like the frustration is doubled for readers—“Speak up, dammit, and tell that old fool to stick his unreasonable expectations up his ass!”

That’s not (usually) how they roll, however.

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

Yay so glad we got a new chapter

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The failure of characters to talk back to authority figures when warranted might be one of the biggest cultural gaps between Western readers and manga (also true of other Asian media, like Kdramas).

Frankly, the only difference is see there is that in Japanese mange I see why it is that way (real-life cultural backgrounds) while in Western media it always leaves me with "what the hell author?!"

But the numbers of lesbian novels I've read where the characters tell their abusive parents to piss off is minuscule. Heck, I've read more about incestuous rape that are about forgiveness than any other route they could go down. And with any other "minor" abuses compared to that it's basically always expected to be forgiven or at least to be tolerated.

(latest example I came across was the heroine's father emotionally abusing the heroine for her entire childhood and teenage years, joining an evil organization and supporting whatever evil things they did, then murdering his own daughter and her lover. But they both got revived so it ends with a sort of 'yeah, we'll get over that, he's seen that he was wrong' message ^^)

last edited at Jan 21, 2020 11:35AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The failure of characters to talk back to authority figures when warranted might be one of the biggest cultural gaps between Western readers and manga (also true of other Asian media, like Kdramas).

Frankly, the only difference is see there is that in Japanese mange I see why it is that way (real-life cultural backgrounds) while in Western media it always leaves me with "what the hell author?!"

But the numbers of lesbian novels I've read where the characters tell their abusive parents to piss off is minuscule. Heck, I've read more about incestuous rape that are about forgiveness than any other route they could go down. And with any other "minor" abuses compared to that it's basically always expected to be forgiven or at least to be tolerated.

(latest example I came across was the heroine's father emotionally abusing the heroine for her entire childhood and teenage years, joining an evil organization and supporting whatever evil things they did, then murdering his own daughter and her lover. But they both got revived so it ends with a sort of 'yeah, we'll get over that, he's seen that he was wrong' message ^^)

I guess I’m talking less about stories where the intractable authority figure is the source of the central conflict and more like run-of-the-mill plot points—the daily taking-unreasonable-shit-without-speaking-up scenes.

As we see in this series, sometimes in manga it seems like the less the authority figure deserves the deference the more they demand it.

joined May 7, 2017

F***ING FINALLY, dump that other crap, this is the stuff, STAY WITH THIS ONE STORY, AJIICHI-SENSEI

joined Dec 23, 2017

I guess I'm also with the bunch that literally thought this manga was over omg??? I'm very happy to have been wrong about that though, this was pretty good :D Hopefully Sensei can show the father just how serious she is, and show how they've set their boundaries.

Next chapter is a side story... Might be a while as I have to either wait for a digital version to get released or buy a second copy for scanning purposes. Neither of the two seem to be happening soon to say the very least.

thatfilipin0dude
joined Jun 5, 2018

Ah well, I'm just glad to see this series being translated again:) Big thank you TL!

joined Dec 29, 2019

Saw the last page.. yup, her father totally tricked her :D

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

however long it may take for the next one, thanks for sticking with this one!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Was rather more referring to how she swallowed hook line and sinker what's just about the most elementary reverse-psychology gambit in the book but sure. Though in Miko's defense between her temperament and longstanding frustrations with Daddy Dearest she was really susceptible to the "prove me wrong" ploy...

As an aside, didn't she kinda lowkey out herself there? Had the impression "Kaoru" isn't the most common male given name...

Sol
joined Feb 25, 2016

TOTALLY SCREAMED WHEN I SAW THIS UPDATE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thank you for picking up probably my favourite yuri again! ;-; God I missed this so much. Seriously looking forward to the rest (If the next chapters are gonna be TLed lol)

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Was rather more referring to how she swallowed hook line and sinker what's just about the most elementary reverse-psychology gambit in the book but sure. Though in Miko's defense between her temperament and longstanding frustrations with Daddy Dearest she was really susceptible to the "prove me wrong" ploy...

As an aside, didn't she kinda lowkey out herself there? Had the impression "Kaoru" isn't the most common male given name...

Kaoru is a unisex name according to Wikipedia, but also because I've seen male characters named Kaoru.

To reply you must either login or sign up.