Forum › Still Sick discussion

13%20(1)
joined Jan 11, 2020

It's so nice))))

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

That's one nice carro all right.
And it looks like he really did impose his will in the end: Maekawa caved in and accepted to go with him (and cancel the date with Shimizu). Even though what he wants has nothing to do with Maekawa's new series: he's just recruiting her to do some free assistant work for another one of his managed authors. Manly and alpha? Check too!

I feel like maybe that's one of his ideas to help Maekawa with the plot. Maekawa's manga is about two girls overcoming obstacles through friendship, so maybe he thought that the situation with the author would inspire her, by pushing her to work with someone she has to make amends with.
Dunno, I could be wild guessing though.

Btw I read the raws of chapter 20 and can't wait for that little something in the end

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I think MacySan has it right. The editor doesn't seem like the type of guy who would just impose random acts on his authors. He probably thinks he is helping in some fashion.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The problem I have with him is : he had yet to fail and i kinda hate when a character can do anything and still roll with it. Anything he have done work and if yes he seem to work hard for it, that doesn't mean that anything he would done must be the right thing and work. I really want Maekawa to prove him wrong but i don't think it will happen and that's irriating me.

last edited at Jan 11, 2020 12:42PM

Fb_img_1596724226396
joined May 14, 2017

(Oh btw, the expensive car? Chapter 18: check!)

Talking about cars, it seems the car is Lex*s LS 500

last edited at Jan 11, 2020 1:50PM

joined Jul 23, 2019

I looked it up, and I think you nailed it.
The pics online look just the thing. And the description says: full-size luxury sedan, hyped as the best of the best in Toyota's luxury division.
Then I looked up "price" and found that the Lex*s LS 500 starts at $75,450 and I spat my coffee on the monitor screen.
Shit, damn, being a manga editor gotta pay real well. Either that or that guy is so good that the company gives him CEO treatment.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

The pics online look just the thing. And the description says: full-size luxury sedan, hyped as the best of the best in Toyota's luxury division.
Then I looked up "price" and found that the Lex*s LS 500 starts at $75,450 and I spat my coffee on the monitor screen.
Shit, damn, being a manga editor gotta pay real well. Either that or that guy is so good that the company gives him CEO treatment.

Eh, or he might come from money or something. Or bought it used.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Two points:
1. He's a manager of other editors, from his actions toward the other editor it's clear he's in charge and can make decisions.
2. Used cars in Japan are very cheap so if he's smart he might have bought that used.

That said, I think they're clearly saying he's loaded compared to the other characters. I have to wonder how much Shimizu is pulling down, she's clearly in a somewhat senior role in engineering. I would expect her to be making bank in the US, but she sometimes uses most of her paycheck on anime stuff so it can't be that huge. Then again, depending on what you spend....

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

If she's into gacha or something, that can fucking eat a paycheck for sure.

joined Jun 12, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/still_sick_ch18#15

Can someone remind me of these lines? I kinda really don't remember where she's said them. Tried skimming a handful of chapters just now but wow, guess I'm awful at it :s

I know many have chimmed in already but I re-read everything a week ago and while she never says all of this in any panels she does mention ending relationships once they start to get serious. We also see one ending where the guy has figured out how cold her view on relationships are at the time.

Ah yes, thank you, Wlfking!
Thanks to babydel, Baka C., Looking East, adamatari and MacySan for the input too!

joined Jan 3, 2020

Mr. Editor please respect Maekawa's personal life, if she says she already has plans for the night, postpone your out of the blue plan for her.
But that aside this manga actually handles cliches really good, so even if 'the long awaited date gets cancelled' card is played here, I'm sure the author will handle it nicely

Also, been having a few too much of such overlapping plans in irl, and those situations really suck

The problem won't be that the date was cancelled, but that Maekawa went with him, the exact person she was worried about Maekawa cheating with.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Ohhh, EFFFFFFFFFFFFF that incoming misunderstanding bullshit. I expected better of you, Still Sick.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Credits page kicks ass as always

joined Jun 3, 2014

Just let Maekawa lay vertically with her gf plz

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Start of chapter was fun with her team speculating what was up with her. Then offering to do overtime for her. Awwww!

End of chapter was predictable but I have faith this will go somewhere interesting or, better yet, be a short lived drama

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Relationship drama aside, it's (bitter)sweet that they're missing each other. So close, yet so far. Hopefully Shimizu uses the good ol' communication tactics she's usually applied to get Maekawa to open up and tackle their issues, and opens up about her worries to get the ball going. Rather than, yknow, misunderstanding, and like, getting into a fight and all.

Also, thinking back on Shimizu saying that she believes in the integrity of her boys, I understand now. Same, I believe in them too, they're such good boys yo

joined Dec 18, 2018

That's a big "ooof" to witness in the morning, your girlfriend getting out of another persons car. I think most people would have trouble thinking logically in same situation.

I bet Shimizu is such a fucking manga nerd though that she figures out exactly what happened.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

That's a big "ooof" to witness in the morning, your girlfriend getting out of another persons car. I think most people would have trouble thinking logically in same situation.

Not just anyone either, the one dude she had issues about, after she's been second guessing her relationship with Maekawa because of how she saw Maekawa behave with regard to relationships in the past. Which is kinda why I'm annoyed because this one had avoided most of the worst offender tropes but then this, lol.

joined Oct 15, 2014

I was getting frustrated with the story but the credit page give me life so thank you Sexy Akiba Detective for yet another awesome credit(and translations of course)

Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Seconding the big ups for the credit page, it made me giggle like a lunatic.

Not just anyone either, the one dude she had issues about, after she's been second guessing her relationship with Maekawa because of how she saw Maekawa behave with regard to relationships in the past. Which is kinda why I'm annoyed because this one had avoided most of the worst offender tropes but then this, lol.

I'd wait and see exactly because of the credit the series deserves for avoiding that so far, Shimizu has until now managed to sort every misunderstanding or awkward distance by honestly and genuinely approaching the issue, so I'd bet she'll come clean with her jealousy, even if it'll take a bit of soul searching (which'll probably get Maekawa hornt as hell).

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

Thanks credit page

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Still hate how Toudou just (again) get away with his shenanigans.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I agree with the credit page: LET MAEKAWA HAVE INTERCOURSE WITH HER GIRLFRIEND!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I agree with the credit page: LET MAEKAWA HAVE INTERCOURSE WITH HER GIRLFRIEND!

Just wait next chapter

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Still hate how Toudou just (again) get away with his shenanigans.

Admittedly, though, while it did set up the obvious misunderstanding at the end, this time it also helped Maekawa not only with her manga, but also to better understand Shimizu.

To reply you must either login or sign up.