Forum › Between Philia and Eros discussion

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

ah please don't turn this into a depressed as fuck drama onegai shimasu ~

also how much you could love someone to get smashed with a car for a gift from your lover? ._. (for a glove that you can actually wash lol)
it's increadibly insane
one step closer to a yandere))

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I wonder if it's gonna be like Pulse and be a troll where she isn't actually in the accident at all

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

roflcopter posted:

Tomboys can be kun sometimes as well.

You kinda explained yourself.

Also for clarity sake, kun is technically gender neutral honorific, but in practice, it's almost exclusively used towards males.

last edited at Jan 13, 2020 4:01PM

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

This got really fucking stupid REALLY fast.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

also how much you could love someone to get smashed with a car for a gift from your lover? ._. (for a glove that you can actually wash lol)

I think it's supposed to mean that she cares so much for the glove (which represents Kurumi's feelings for her) that she didn't even notice the traffic, or maybe the truck. It's not like she consciously chose to get hit by the truck in order to save the gift.

That is, assuming she did get hit, which we don't know yet.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Btw. I know we all are joking around, but we didn't even see what hit her. I'm pretty sure if she was hit, it was just normal car.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Btw. I know we all are joking around, but we didn't even see what hit her. I'm pretty sure if she was hit, it was just normal car.

True. People talked so much about a truck that I kinda made it into a headcanon of sorts. But you're right, a car is more likely.

last edited at Jan 13, 2020 6:13PM

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

My god, the accident cliché, I hope it's just a fakeout cuz otherwise this would be really lame.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

What if it was something completely unexpected that will subvert audience expectations, like a jogger or a drone or a cow.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

It's possible that's just the sound of Jun dropping his bike, which would be pretty hilariously anticlimactic resolution.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Or Jun pulled Nikaidou out of the way, but he let go of his bike to do so and a result, the bike got hit instead.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

My best bet, Jun tackled her, stopping her from going into the road, the bike crashed to the ground, Kurumi or her friend spot them in the compromising position, which fuels a whole load more drama

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Or maybe a driver crashed into a lightpost when a weird smol floppy panda with 3 legs flopped onto their windshield and stared them down with its cold dead eyes...?

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Did we even need more drama than what we already have?

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

What if it was something completely unexpected that will subvert audience expectations, like a jogger or a drone or a cow.

Fetchez la vache

joined May 1, 2013

oh you've gotta be kidding me.

joined Dec 5, 2019

I wonder if it's gonna be like Pulse and be a troll where she isn't actually in the accident at all

oof, I remember that one....damn

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I don't know why, but until the next chapter is here, I'm just gonna assume that she got hit by a 2006 Suzuki SX4 (reminiscent of those from the 2007 season of WRC).

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

I saw chapter 12, decided it was finally time to give this series a try and here I am, left with the worst cliffhanger possible.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

I saw chapter 12, decided it was finally time to give this series a try and here I am, left with the worst cliffhanger possible.

Same here. Fate is a strange mistress (as Nanoha could say?).

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Tell me about it.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

I wonder if it was actually Jun who got hit and she’s gonna feel all guilty and caught up about this. And because of the accident Jun prolly postpones his trip. Then there’s gonna be this big drama with this love square that’s gonna prolong the series lol. I can just smell it.

joined Nov 27, 2017

I'm pretty optimistic that this will turn out mostly fine, but serve to deliberately mirror her losing the phone. That seems like the whole point of focusing on the gloves there in a similar way to how they focused on the phone ornament. The difference is this time she feels like she needs to rescue it, whereas before she just let it go, even when Kurumi tried to point out that she shouldn't. I'd say bonus points if Jun-kun scolds her afterward for doing something dangerous for something unimportant to make it an even more direct mirror, but that seems a bit outside his characterization and crueler to Jun than the mangaka has been thus far.

It very well might be milked to make her miss the deadline and build a little further tension to the resolution, but I don't get the sense this is going to be a long arc or tragedy around a car crash. Or I'll be disappointed with the rest, I guess.

last edited at Jan 20, 2020 3:06AM

seungwanderlust
joined Dec 23, 2017

I hope she misses the deadline lol. That way we get a story arc about the best friend’s feelings and how THAT’S gonna get resolved. I’d personally be okay with it if they don’t get together; the tone of this manga has been kinda like, grim situations but they try to make the best of it. I feel that it would be consistent with the preceding chapters.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

It very well might be milked to make her miss the deadline and build a little further tension to the resolution, but I don't get the sense this is going to be a long arc or tragedy around a car crash.

Is my take as well. Amongst the lines of her first missing the deadline and then, when Kurumi learns why she didn't call, Kurumi runs there but finds Jun at the hospital at her bedside, leading to all sorts of misunderstandings before they'll get resolved.

I am not a big fan of Kyo, thogh. She literally heard "I love XX so much, I just want them to be truely happy, even if that's not with me" and she still runs her ego-trip. I get where she's coming from, but that chapter was from her POV and I was missing a certain kind of self-reflection on her side there :|
Kinda a Judgment of Solomon vibe...

To reply you must either login or sign up.