Forum › Between Philia and Eros discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

What's the difference between a friend and a lover? Well we will let you know as soon as we can reach a consensus.

joined Jul 12, 2018

so nikaido met jun and then got "hit" by the "truth" .... ironic.

last edited at Jan 13, 2020 5:21AM

joined Jul 12, 2018

my theory is: jun got hit by the truck by saving nikaido and is the one injured or maybe not.

last edited at Jan 13, 2020 5:21AM

joined Dec 5, 2019

This author really loves their cliffhangers...

Before Truck-kun appeared though, it kinda felt like Nika was starting to realize she had gotten over her feelings for Jun though, so I guess we're headed for Nika/Kurumi endgame.

me too, it felt like she was going to let go at that instant before the glove truck kun incident.

I have a bad feeling about this tho, either Nika gets hurt and she goes to the hospital and I don't know what happens there

or Jun gets hurt and then Nika will want to stay by his side since she will feel guilty and that will add a whole new layer of drama to her relationship with Kurumi

joined Sep 1, 2017

Before Truck-kun appeared though, it kinda felt like Nika was starting to realize she had gotten over her feelings for Jun though, so I guess we're headed for Nika/Kurumi endgame.

me too, it felt like she was going to let go at that instant before the glove truck kun incident.

I have a bad feeling about this tho, either Nika gets hurt and she goes to the hospital and I don't know what happens there

or Jun gets hurt and then Nika will want to stay by his side since she will feel guilty and that will add a whole new layer of drama to her relationship with Kurumi

The possiblity that the truck hitting Jun would make Nika want to be with him, either out of guilt or mistaking her deep gratitude for risking his life for her as love, crossed my mind. However is there a reason you guys are giving the stupid truck a honorific. And why does it have to be male.

last edited at Jan 13, 2020 5:47AM

joined Dec 5, 2019

However is there a reason you guys are giving the stupid truck a honorific. And why does it have to be male.

I think it's a common trope in Isekai stories where the protagonist gets run over by a truck and transported to another world, it was such a common occurence in that kind of story thapeople started giving a name for the "truck character" hence, truk-kun was born

Not that anyone here thinks that NIka will be transported to another world but the similarity sparked the appearence of the infamous truck-kun

as for it being male, I really don't know...I have seena a forklift-chan before but for the truck I have no idea.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

The possiblity that the truck hitting Jun would make Nika want to be with him, either out of guilt or mistaking her deep gratitude for risking his life for her as love, crossed my mind. However is there a reason you guys are giving the stupid truck a honorific. And why does it have to be male.

Seriously just Google truck-kun, it's a meme about how this one truck keeps killing people in anime/manga.

Also, if the author really either kills someone off or does the amnesia thing I will be really disappointed. This has been a good story so far and honestly I don't want it to fall into cliche. I mean, it's not high art the way some manga are, but it wasn't in the depths of soap opera like others either. I like soapy stuff too but still.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lol.

Think she will end up in another world?

"In Another World With My Panda Gloves".

last edited at Jan 13, 2020 6:57AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

my theory is: jun got hit by the truck by saving nikaido and is the one injured or maybe not.

And then he can't leave because of this and she stays by his side because guilt.

Yuri Is Dead.

last edited at Jan 13, 2020 7:00AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Seriously just Google truck-kun, it's a meme about how this one truck keeps killing people in anime/manga.

So it's always the same truck? What a psycho.

Also, if the author really either kills someone off or does the amnesia thing I will be really disappointed.

I think the accident is merely to stall Nikaidou, she'll miss her deadline with Kurumi because she'll be at the hospital. Kurumi will think Nika left her for good, and Kyouko will confess.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

However is there a reason you guys are giving the stupid truck a honorific. And why does it have to be male.

Now you have offended Truck-kun’s father, Deus-ex-Machina-sama.

Look both ways when crossing the street, my friend.

joined Apr 29, 2018

And then he can't leave because of this and she stays by his side because guilt.

Yuri Is Dead.

exactly. that was also my theory thanks for figuring it out. OR: jun dies in the accident, kurumi comfort nikaido, kyou gets herself a girlfriend het is dead end of the story and they lived happily yuri after! or is it yurily ever after? i wonder? but even i don't believe my own words anyway.

last edited at Jan 13, 2020 7:56AM

Popte_pop_54
joined Jun 25, 2019

truck-kun strikes again

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!!

Screenshot_20220526-044757
joined Aug 7, 2019

i need to know what happens next aaaaaaaa

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015
  1. It's usually guy driving the truck, so that's probably why Truck-kun or just the usual of assuming truck is male by default.
  2. Next issue of Galette drops on february, so it's not that long of a way.
  3. I cringed at the implied accident cliffhanger. Could we just not? I hope it will be subverted and that nothing serious actually happened.
  4. I'm way more distracted by the fact that somehow glove that Nika was holding got blown by the wind. Seriously never heard of that before and it hurts my suspension of disbelief so hard, it makes me feel like author didn't really think it through and came up with that sudden accident on a whim, just for a dramatic plot twist.

last edited at Jan 13, 2020 9:23AM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I'm way more distracted by the fact that somehow glove that Nika was holding got blown by the wind. Seriously never heard of that before and it hurts my suspension of disbelief so hard, it makes me feel like author didn't really think it through and came up with that sudden accident on a whim, just for a dramatic plot twist.

I don't think it's that unbelievable since I've had that exact thing happen to me on multiple occasions. A good gust of wind can be shockingly strong.

last edited at Jan 13, 2020 9:51AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018
  1. I cringed at the implied accident cliffhanger. Could we just not? I hope it will be subverted and that nothing serious actually happened.

Like I said, I have a strong feeling that this is just to stall Nikaidou and make her lose her deadline. It would be really out of character for this story if someone actually died. But, well, you never know, right?

1. I'm way more distracted by the fact that somehow glove that Nika was holding got blown by the wind. Seriously never heard of that before and it hurts my suspension of disbelief so hard, it makes me feel like author didn't really think it through and came up with that sudden accident on a whim, just for a dramatic plot twist.

There's some significance to it. Like how Nika didn't fall off the bridge to save Jun's gift (she was all "oh, this was for the best"), but she jumped in front of a truck to get Kurumi's gift back.

I agree with you that a strong gust of wind suddenly blowing the glove away was a little far-fetched, but I'd be a hypocrite if I criticized author-sama for that, because I've done worse than this in my stories.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BlueDsc posted:

I don't think it's that unbelievable since I've had that exact thing happen to me on multiple occasions. A good gust of wind can be shockingly strong.

I don't deny that sometimes wind can be quite fierce. It's one thing if glove was laying somewhere, but it's hard to believe Nika would lose grip on it, even if it was strong. Maybe I just never experienced the wing strong enough to do it. I guess she might not be holding on it that strong and gust took her by surprise. Also of course, I'm talking about normal wind. Any disaster lvl one would easily do the job.

cecile posted:

Like I said, I have a strong feeling that this is just to stall Nikaidou and make her lose her deadline. It would be really out of character for this story if someone actually died.

Yea. I'm not saying die, but some serious injury. I see it possible, but I'd still hate it if this drama was prolonged. I really hope it's just a red herring and next chapter we see Jun and Kurumi laying on ground together and car rammed into railing or something.

There's some significance to it. Like how Nika didn't fall off the bridge to save Jun's gift (she was all "oh, this was for the best"), but she jumped in front of a truck to get Kurumi's gift back.

Good point. Didn't think about that. This make it make more sense and be symbolically important.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I don't deny that sometimes wind can be quite fierce. It's one thing if glove was laying somewhere, but it's hard to believe Nika would lose grip on it, even if it was strong. Maybe I just never experienced the wing strong enough to do it. I guess she might not be holding on it that strong and gust took her by surprise. Also of course, I'm talking about normal wind. Any disaster lvl one would easily do the job.

Gloves are not usually a heavy thing. You're not normally going to be holding onto them with an extreme amount of force. A decent gust of wind can easily take it out of your hand when you're not expecting it. Like I said, I've had it happen many times before.

last edited at Jan 13, 2020 10:15AM

Img_9245
joined Mar 14, 2018

Yuu-Chan can’t hold onto anything. She’s always dropping something, she got permanent butter fingers? Did she always just put on lotion? Like 80% of the plot advancements have been because she can’t keep a grip on stuff. Girl, your hands work, use them

joined Sep 1, 2017

I think the accident is merely to stall Nikaidou, she'll miss her deadline with Kurumi because she'll be at the hospital. Kurumi will think Nika left her for good, and Kyouko will confess.

That would be my guess too.

joined Sep 1, 2017

1. I'm way more distracted by the fact that somehow glove that Nika was holding got blown by the wind. Seriously never heard of that before and it hurts my suspension of disbelief so hard, it makes me feel like author didn't really think it through and came up with that sudden accident on a whim, just for a dramatic plot twist.

Honestly I thought Nika threw it, until she ran out into traffic after it.

Popte_pop_54
joined Jun 25, 2019
  1. It's usually guy driving the truck, so that's probably why Truck-kun or just the usual of assuming truck is male by default.

Tomboys can be kun sometimes as well.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Come on people, don't be racist. It could have been a car or a bus this time around.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

This manga is like a clustertruck of every single type of yuri manga drama crammed into one. A trainwreck that I can't look away from. Not to say that it's bad, but goddamn, all this drama must be bad for these girls's hearts.

To reply you must either login or sign up.