Forum › H.P. Lovecraft's The Colour Out of Space discussion

Untitled-1
joined Jan 6, 2020

Turning the yuri crowd into a lovecraftian cult are ya?

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

I have to admit it doesn't quite fit here.

Tumblr_nqv8vppgwy1qhzyd1o1_400
joined Mar 11, 2019

Ahh so HP Lovecraft make a story about yuri, very surprising

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

Is it the colour of yuri?

joined Sep 6, 2018

The artwork is stunning... a work of passion versus cramming for deadlines and pay. It’s funny to see a story originally published in english, made into a foreign language manga, then translated back to english. I wonder: which party is having a conniption right now? The owner of the intellectual property, or the artist who’s work is illegally translated back to english?

All I can say is seeing this manga deadens the experience of reading yuri manga. I mean, the entire pages of this work are filled with details for setting and atmosphere... there is no dead space/white space. Very few manga here, and usually they’re picked up for publication in the states, can match the level of artistry in this manga.

Untitled-1
joined Jan 6, 2020

^Oh? It seems like you really like the book! That's good! You should buy it if you want to read more.

Black%20meow
joined Jul 3, 2013

if the quality of the artwork continues like this until the end, the last pages will be really horrifying ...

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

A pleasant surprise to see some Lovecraft on here.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Is it the colour of yuri?

Yes.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Yuri and Lovecraft on the same website. This officially made my year ^_^ !!!

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

https://digital.darkhorse.com/contributors/4146/gou-tanabe

heres a link to the licensed stuff. the print books are really pretty.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

There's a Russian guy on YouTube who turns this manga into a motion comic with narration, it's pretty competently done.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ETWFeNUTw

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

if the quality of the artwork continues like this until the end, the last pages will be really horrifying ...

Haha, yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Wait till the unnameable unspeakable unimaginable monsters from beyond reality actually appear before us and we get to see them: that's gonna be a sight, all right.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Of course not. After all, when you get a glimpse of Chtulu or any other Great One, you'll never think straight ever again. :3

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Of course not. After all, when you get a glimpse of Chtulu or any other Great One, you'll never think straight ever again. :3

Yukari%20sweet%20-%20copy
joined Nov 24, 2016

Turning the yuri crowd into a lovecraftian cult are ya?

I approve

last edited at Jan 15, 2020 9:44PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Not really a Lovecraft fan, but The Color Out Of Space is one of his better stories. It's also one of the few where the monster actually feels incomprehensible and horrifying (unlike most of his monsters, that tend to be very flimsy and easily killed).

joined Aug 11, 2014

I first read the Colour Out Of Space when I was on a trip with my parents. We were staying in a broken-down old cottage in rural France, and the sudden onset of winter had buried the surrounding hills in thick snow. It was a cold and windy night, and the rattle of the windows and the chill from the draughty stone walls made it hard to sleep. We had no Internet, no phone service, and no TV, but I had this story loaded onto a kindle, so I stayed up late and read it from start to finish. It was the first and only time I was genuinely scared reading H.P. Lovecraft, and for as cold and unhappy as I was at the time, it always stuck with me as one of the best reading experiences I ever had.

Rsz_mlg_yes__precure_5____by_candygirl4226-d8kc01n
joined Apr 22, 2015

Man, didn't expect an H.P. Lovecraft story to be in Dynasty Scan. Nice to see some variety even if it isn't yuri related. I'm curious on how the movie adaption with Nicholas Cage is going to turn out.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Well, the rabbits have an easy solution. All you need is the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

Screenshot%202022-04-17%2012.01.52%20pm
joined Sep 21, 2019

I've not read this version yet but I'm guessing that when Gardner's wife goes mad she becomes a lesbian? otherwise I have no idea why this is here

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Maybe the Colour out of Space heard that Earth Girls were easy so she was just trying her luck!

Just trying to help KyoAni insert bait when they adapt it.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

The artist does a lovely job at capturing the idea of an indescribable color in black and white.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That's nice and all. The atmosphere is nicely rendered.

But who in their right mind would stay around this place when so many strange things happen? I'd be Nahum, I'd have brought my family away from this place a long time ago.

It's like a nuke fell there. Everything became radioactive, but they insist on staying.

To reply you must either login or sign up.