Forum › Between Philia and Eros discussion

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

If you think the cliff hangers hurt now, wait till you realize that we're only 2 chapters behind the raws and the magazine it's in is quarterly.

I hadn't realized it was still being serialized. This is gonna be tough.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

If you think the cliff hangers hurt now, wait till you realize that we're only 2 chapters behind the raws and the magazine it's in is quarterly.

I actually buy the magazine online (on Kindle, though I read on my phone mostly). This series and one other (nobody has translated it, Sorairo Melancholic) always get read first and I am always waiting for the next issue and checking to see if it's out yet like a month early.

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

I'm dying to know what happens, someone spoil it for me

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

I actually buy the magazine online (on Kindle, though I read on my phone mostly). This series and one other (nobody has translated it, Sorairo Melancholic) always get read first and I am always waiting for the next issue and checking to see if it's out yet like a month early.

I've actually been wondering about Sorairo Melancholic myself. I really liked Cotton Candy, so it has my interest. If you have the raws, you could post them on yuri-project and see if it garners any interest from a translator?

Though, it kinda feels like the story might be approaching it's climax, can't see how much you could stretch out the main story without some really contrived drama.

I think we're nearing the endgame too, though I haven't read any further than chapter 10 yet. That said, we also have to resolve Kyou-chan's feelings. I've failed to accurately predict anything that's happened so far, so really, I have no idea what will happen from here.

joined Dec 18, 2018

I think we're nearing the endgame too, though I haven't read any further than chapter 10 yet. That said, we also have to resolve Kyou-chan's feelings. I've failed to accurately predict anything that's happened so far, so really, I have no idea what will happen from here.

I'm actually kinda hoping Kyou and Kurumi end up together.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm actually kinda hoping Kyou and Kurumi end up together.

I think it's already nice enough of Kurumi to still hang out with her after what she said.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Y'know, if it turns out that this manga doubled up on the lovelorn childhood friends just so it could result in twice the heartbreak when the lead characters stay together, I won't be surprised, but I'll probably still scream. Just like, one would have been enough! We really didn't need two! The only reason to include them both would be so it's a good thing when the leads break up! But spending basically a whole chapter on Kurumi saying "if you love him, just go to him" really makes me think that Nika will come back to her in the end! Gah.

joined Dec 18, 2018

Y'know, if it turns out that this manga doubled up on the lovelorn childhood friends just so it could result in twice the heartbreak when the lead characters stay together, I won't be surprised, but I'll probably still scream. Just like, one would have been enough! We really didn't need two! The only reason to include them both would be so it's a good thing when the leads break up! But spending basically a whole chapter on Kurumi saying "if you love him, just go to him" really makes me think that Nika will come back to her in the end! Gah.

That would be the most cliche of results tbh.

Personally I wonder if the story won't take a path like: Nika goes to Jun to confess, Jun rejects her again because he really only likes her as a friend. Nika then goes back to Kurumi, they're happy for a bit, on the surface, but Kurumi can't really get over being Nika's second choice and in the end they break up as well.

Then end it with Kyou confessing to Kurumi, and well, either end with super heartbreak or a glimmer of hope.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Schuyguy has posted the script for chapter 11 on YP. I usually download the script and raws from there and read them like that, since I'm too impatient to wait for the release.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Nika then goes back to Kurumi, they're happy for a bit, on the surface, but Kurumi can't really get over being Nika's second choice and in the end they break up as well.

I don't think this will happen, because it contradicts some bits of story from before, like how Nika narrates that every time they kissed, something inside her changed. Based on that, I honestly think Nika's in love with Kurumi.

My guess would be (I haven't read 11 or 12 yet, so it's not a spoiler) that Nika does begin dating friend-kun, but she eventually goes back to Kurumi once she realizes that's where her feelings truly lie

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Schuyguy has posted the script for chapter 11 on YP. I usually download the script and raws from there and read them like that, since I'm too impatient to wait for the release.

I read it because my sanity wouldn't have tha patience to wait for it and oh boy, i will keep this spoiler as little as possible :

If you still want a Kyou/Kurumi after Ch.11 then i can't do nothing for you. Kyou literraly pray atthe shrine for Nika and Kurumi to break up. Then she is really frustrated because Kurumi doesn't love her back and is literally giga mean to Nika without knowing any point of Nika's side. She also wanted to confess but back off like the coward she is after seeing how Kurumi talk about Nika. Tl;dr : Kyou is a huge bitch and if you rooting for her, you have some problems.

Anime-pictures.net_-_519241-700x1000-inuyasha-inuyasha%20(character)-inuyasha%20(human%20form)-sorolp-long%20hair-single
joined Mar 27, 2019

Fuck. This touched close to home to me. I cried

joined Aug 1, 2013

I read it because my sanity wouldn't have tha patience to wait for it and oh boy, i will keep this spoiler as little as possible :

If you still want a Kyou/Kurumi after Ch.11 then i can't do nothing for you. Kyou literraly pray atthe shrine for Nika and Kurumi to break up. Then she is really frustrated because Kurumi doesn't love her back and is literally giga mean to Nika without knowing any point of Nika's side. She also wanted to confess but back off like the coward she is after seeing how Kurumi talk about Nika. Tl;dr : Kyou is a huge bitch and if you rooting for her, you have some problems.

Eh, from Kyou's point of view, she sees her friend being "toyed" with by a girl who has dated countless dudes and is still in love with someone else. I'm not rooting for Kyou, but I can see where her attitude is coming from. Although I am a bit annoyed about her "what about me" attitude when she refuses to tell Kurumi how she feels. Either make a play, or stop whining girl.

joined Mar 4, 2015

Its the best to just leave her and try to truly look for someone that actually love you but it does still hurts

joined Jul 26, 2019

She will go out with the guy but will realize that contrary to what she had dreamed, it doesn't work and she always ends up thinking about kurumi ... then follows a new confession that kurumi is really the only one she loves in the end and that the past is the past ^^ end of the drama !

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I really just feel bad for all of these kids. The heart wants what it wants, but yeesh, how painful.

That said. Kyou REALLY needs to get on actually saying something. It sucks to ask when you know you're going to get rejected, but it's so much better than festering in pity and loneliness.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

i really don't like the main couple, they're both annoying, i wanna know more about the lesbian childhood friend

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/between_philia_and_eros_ch10#13 Holy crap, did this one hit me right in the kokoro. I've been there, that whole "you don't love me the same way" thing. Shit hurts like hell.

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

To subvert us all off the face of the planet we could get a timeskip ending.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Hm, at this point, the relationship feels very sour to me...I'm rooting for Kyou, even if it won't happen.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Hm, at this point, the relationship feels very sour to me...I'm rooting for Kyou, even if it won't happen.

Someone said here that it seemed like Kyouko was sabotaging Kurumi's relationships. And sure enough, she shows up and reveals her secret just as Nika was about to arrive. If that's true, I say Kyouko be damned, I'm rooting for nika/kurumi

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

That's a strong start for the year. Yas! Give me more drama. More reason to cry in the corner of my room. Lol

joined Dec 5, 2019

Thank you very much for the scan team for giving sucha treat as all this cvhapters in a row, I really like this series.

I think Kurumi did the right thing now, she can't live in that uncertanty and I still believe that NIka's feelings for her are true, that said, I know too how hard is it to let go of feelings that she nurtured for so long for her childhood friend, I guess we'll have to wait and see

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/between_philia_and_eros_ch10#13 Holy crap, did this one hit me right in the kokoro. I've been there, that whole "you don't love me the same way" thing. Shit hurts like hell.

ugh, too hard a memory

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

The heart wants what the heart wants, and that sure can be painful.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Starting the year with pain in the heart!

To reply you must either login or sign up.