Forum › Posts by DragonBorn27

DragonBorn27
joined Aug 18, 2015

I don't care about nothing else in this predictable manga and yes I made an account to comment after lurking here for YEARS but why is there HOT LEMONADE?! Has that always been a thing? I can't focus on anything else. Was that really in the original translation? Does hot lemonade even taste good? So many questions...

Hahaah about the hot lemonade, it's a very popular drink in bending machines during winter and cold days, it's sweet and tasty! Just perfect :D

joined Aug 18, 2015

Wholesome ❤️ it could definitely be a one-shot, so glad it wasn't.

DragonBorn27
joined Aug 18, 2015

Amazing art! And the plot... Right to my top favourites, thank you 2020, what a year to be alive :D

joined Aug 18, 2015

Hi guys, I'm from Chile and here there's no decent manga market, so this site means a lot to me, it's the first page i check in the morning and the last one before going to sleep. The reason I'm writing this is because i value this community and even though i don't comment or engage in conversations very often it doesn't mean i don't read yours. Well i think that's all, by any chance, does this site have a Facebook page or IG? I just realised that if this page is taken down i don't know where to find you guys, hope i don't sound creepy or needy hahah either way, you can find me at @constanza_larrea feel free to start a conversation anytime, specially if you want to talk about yuri/shoujo ai manga!

DragonBorn27
joined Aug 18, 2015

Guys I'm not sure where to write this so I'm going to post this message in a few of my favourites manga updates, I'm from Chile and here there's no decent manga market, so this site means a lot to me, it's the first page i check in the morning and the last one before going to sleep. The reason I'm writing this is because i value this community and even though i don't comment or engage in conversations very often it doesn't mean i don't read yours. Well i think that's all, by any chance, does this site have a Facebook page or IG? I just realised that if this page is taken down i don't know where to find you guys, hope i don't sound creepy or needy hahah either way, you can find me at @constanza_larrea feel free to start a conversation anytime, specially if you want to talk about yuri/shoujo ai manga!

joined Aug 18, 2015

Oh, right. I forgot the English translation for this one was still in ch. 10. [Laughs in Spanish]
Anyways, good to have this back for the New Year.

[laughs in Spanish with u] Ñajajajjaja

joined Aug 18, 2015

No because this series got trademark as tourism symbol so no homo.

Dunno, if I knew this was the town where cute 2D lesbians got together, I'd just be more inclined to visit.

Let's do a math:

Heyyy, that's me, interested in yuri manga and went to Japan! And I don't know if it's useful to the discussion here, but I found (and bought) this manga in the yuri section in the most definitely biggest bookstore right in the center on Shibuya, Tokyo. I even got pictures of the place, there's no doubt that this is story is going to end with a lesbian couple, 'cause I'm pretty sure that was the intention from the beginning...

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 9:48PM

DragonBorn27
joined Aug 18, 2015

You are correct. However, my translators, one having mandarin as their native language, confirmed the translations around are really bad, mainly because they are from Spanish to English, so we decided to pick it up and do it with the best quality we can get.

Hi, i can read Spanish, could you give me the link to read the rest, please :D

last edited at Jul 15, 2017 7:10PM

DragonBorn27
joined Aug 18, 2015

"Is this the age of Yuri?!"

It sure is!

I wish...so far the best yuri anime ever released is Inugami To Nekoyama, a short episode series, and Sakura Trick, a series where girls kiss each other literally just to kiss each other...lol
ONE DAY THOUGH, I BELIEVE WE WILL HAVE A FANTASTIC YURI ANIME! A REAL ANIME TOO! No three minute long episodes! IT'LL HAVE A PLOT! AND ROMANCE! WON'T BE OVERDRAMATIC! IT'LL JUST BE GOOD! AND THAT DAY WILL BE BEAUTIFUL DAMMIT!
silently waits for the Girlfriends anime that will never come...

Honestly you're forgetting some very important anime -Sweet Blue Flowers, Yuri Yuri, Love Live, Strawberry Panic, and Maria Watches Over Us.

Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san is cute but there's hardly any development for it's type.

Sakura Trick is great and mostly comedy. Sweet Blue Flowers and Strawberry Panic are great and a mixture of romance and drama. Yuru Yuri is great and comedic slice-of-life. If we rule out very short OVA series like Kuttsukiboshi, Sonohana, and Shoujo Sect (one of my favorites and truly a great show) then those four are undoubtedly the best.

I've seen every yuri anime there is to see and considering that 99% of all the "good" ones you guys are listing are NOTHING but implied relationships and the majority of the rest is excessively over dramatic or just not very good, really not sure what points you're trying to make here.
Wait, I didn't even notice this, you think Yuru Yuri and Love Live...are more yuri than Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san...Love Live isn't even actually a yuri so it's not even gonna get it's own section lol, first of all. And Yuru Yuri is one of those series that is yuri in the loosest sense of the term because there's a couple girls who admire other girls and one girl who fervently kisses the others SOMETIMES. Not that I dislike Yuru Yuri since it's a pretty fun show but its BARELY yuri. In Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san half the storylines are about the attraction the girls have for each other and how often Inugami-san tries to act on that.
Sweet Blue Flowers (I'm assuming that's Aoi Hana even though I've never heard the name Sweet Blue Flowers myself) is one of the most overdramatic series, not even just yuri series, ever made. And yeah, it touched on some important points of reality regarding lesbian relationships that most series don't but considering the fact that it's STILL overdramatic as fuck and incomplete as an anime, I can't agree with you. Not to mention large parts of that series are incredibly boring.
Strawberry Panic. somebody already said this, IS INCREDIBLY OVERDRAMATIC to the point where it just ruins the series for most people (aka me). And it's not even the "we're touching on real points regarding lesbianism" overdramaticness that Aoi Hana did but just ridiculous overdramaticness throughout the entire fucking series lol.
Sakura Trick was pretty good but I won't call it great because, let's face it, there was very little development for anybody besides the president. Our main characters had A LOT of shit they could've developed through but literally just didn't. Basically they had too much fanservice in the form of kissing for the normal anime viewer (that wasn't secretly perverted lol) to really enjoy in the way I meant.
Sonohana and Shoujo Sect ARE FUCKING HENTAIS lol! And Shoujo Sect AGAIN is incredibly overdramatic, I mean somebody dies COMPLETELY OUT OF NOWHERE lol.
Kashimashi...I honestly don't know to explain this one besides...it's just not very good...I mean it's not terrible or even bad either but to call it great? Can't agree with you there. It was just pretty boring and I'm really not sure that a yuri series that start with a guy turning into a girl because aliens isn't exactly the kind of yuri series that the all around anime viewer is gonna love lol.
Kuttsukiboshi ALMOST qualifies and, had it had ANY more character/plot development, it would be almost perfect, even though it is pretty close to being hentai but completely disqualifies itself when they fucking ruined it with that pointless fucking plot twist at the end that straight up ruined the series for most people (myself included).
Sasameki Koto is pretty fucking great (totally forgot about it) and I can't really argue anything there except that, I think (can't totally remember), the anime doesn't cover the entire series so it doesn't really feel satisfying in the slightest and because of that the anime winds up being somewhat forgettable.
And let me just thank all of you for not bringing up Kannazuki No Miko as a great yuri anime because then I would finally have found the real problem to all of this lol.
I'm pretty sure that covers all the series that were mentioned and if I missed some then my bad but I'm just not gonna check lol. I think you misunderstood what I meant originally. What I meant when I said we'd never had a great yuri anime. I meant we've never had a yuri anime that was ACTUALLY yuri and really good in regards to plot and overall entertainment value that is just, frankly, enjoyable for EVERY type of anime viewer there is (something a fucking hentai won't be, seriously why even bring those up lol). Sasameki Koto got pretty close but due to how unsatisfying the ending of the anime is it loses a large part of its value and winds up being somewhat forgettable.
I mentioned a Girlfriends anime because I feel that series was perfect in regards to what I've been talking about: It had plenty of character and plot development, plenty of good romance WITHOUT BEING OVERDRAMATIC AND STUPID, it isn't boring, there isn't excessive amounts of fanservice, it covers some realistic issues with a lesbian relationship, and it's just an all around a good yuri series. It's the kind of series that anybody can enjoy without looking for fap material or just being an all around yuri lover. We're never gonna enter the "age of yuri" for anime at least until there's a yuri series that EVERYBODY can enjoy, both yuri lovers (like all of us) and the normal everyday anime viewer who doesn't care, as in love or hate, yuri. Because when THAT happens that's gonna trigger more and more good and enjoyable yuri animes to be made because now the anime companies won't be producing animes just for some niche group of yuri loving people but for a broader audience, lessening the risk they'll be taking by releasing it.
So no I don't think there's ever been a truly great yuri anime.

Thank you! Everything that you said was perfect, if i could write in english i would have said exactly the same things!! This is all i can write while trying to keep the coherence lol
I still got my hopes up for Shingeki No Kyojin, ymir and christa (historia) may give the kind of yuri that we ask for.

last edited at Dec 20, 2015 3:46PM

DragonBorn27
joined Aug 18, 2015

This whole story reminded me so much of Kotonoha no Niwa (The garden of words; movie) Like wow.

That's a really good movie! Perfect for a rainy day -

DragonBorn27
Stretch discussion 14 Oct 21:12
joined Aug 18, 2015

This is going to get a proper ending, it's clear. I mean, this is how they say "goodbye" to each other, when they were in highschool. They didn't know if they would meet again in the future. So... maybe, in a couple of years, they will meet again(?) (Please, let me believe in this). I read every single chapter, i'm from Chile, i don't even know how to speak english! (Just read and write some words). But this manga really inspired me to learn new words, and every month i wait to read this story, with hope that someday i will see Ran and Keiko together like, together together, saying "i love you" or "you're the love of my life". This is sad, i'm so sad, i don't know what to expect for after this. "Out of the blue", is the other manga that i really like, someone knows something about that one?
Thanks for try to read this. Forgive my misspelled words and my lack of coherence :)

DragonBorn27
joined Aug 18, 2015

Hello everyone! I create an account just for this manga!! Please someone tell me there is more of "Out Of The Blue". I'm from Chile, my english is not perfect. :)