Wow this hits differently, omg
I loved this, this was so subtly sweet!

last edited at Dec 25, 2019 2:45AM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I like this.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

The art is extremely pleasing to my eyes.

last edited at Dec 25, 2019 2:51AM

joined Oct 15, 2014

'Tis cute

joined Jul 22, 2014

Beautiful art but too much waffle.

Images__01
joined Nov 3, 2019

The art was beautiful! Story was cute too ~

I'd love to see the next 30 minutes+ though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I'm a bit confused. What were they talkong about in the beginning? Did the (sorry if there was a name) non-hat girl come off a break up? Is that why they're out so late? Why 30 mins, because the clock at the beginning showed 23:45? Sorry if it's obvious to everyone else. The ending was pretty cute and I hope they have a good relationship

Edit: Nvm about the time part, just noticed it's 00:15 by the end

last edited at Dec 25, 2019 5:54AM

Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

You know what? I didn't really like this one. There's nothing wrong with the story, but it's a bit low impact. I also thought at first it might be someone having a dialogue with a sort of projected past self, part because THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME. This is a serious case of same face.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

10 minutes have passed
20 minutes have passed
30 minutes have passed
1 night have passed
1 month have passed
2 years have passed
Marriage have passed
Eternity have passed

joined Dec 5, 2018

A very lonely woman talks to herself for 30 minutes because she is too scared to ride the train.

Fwerpng
joined Jul 25, 2017

I'm a bit confused. What were they talkong about in the beginning? Did the (sorry if there was a name) non-hat girl come off a break up? Is that why they're out so late? Why 30 mins, because the clock at the beginning showed 23:45? Sorry if it's obvious to everyone else. The ending was pretty cute and I hope they have a good relationship

Something important to this story is that there is pretty much no public transport between 12 and 5 in most Japanese cities (plus nobody drives around large cities and taxis are pricey AF so only for rich or desperate people) either you plan your night to get on the last train at midnight or you stay with someone or go to a club or something.

Considering that, when ‘non-hat girl’ is talking about someone she dated who always said she should leave in time to catch the last train, that is a subtle way of signalling they didn’t want to have sex, so she felt they were not serious or leading her on for nothing (alternatively it could possibly also mean they would have sex but then they would tell her to go home rather than stay over, making it more of a fling than a serious relationship).

‘Non-hat girl’ asking if they should rest is effectively saying she'd be happy to stay together not go home and ‘hat girl’ stalling for time in reply and deliberately making her miss the last train is them communicating they both want to stay the night together.

last edited at Dec 25, 2019 9:59AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Art was sweet. Story was confusing.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Hm, didn't really understand this one. Are they twins?

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

The story was a bit confusing at the start, I feel like it just cut in without the necessary bit first. Maybe translation missed some context or something? Anyway I still liked it a lot it was very sweet.

joined Jul 10, 2018

Nope, they're in some sort of relationship. The afterword on page 24 clears that up.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Confusing? Just read the afterword. They’re in a relationship already. They’re lovers who probably out in a date and don’t want to let go of each other even though they’re only have to go on each of their own homes. This kinda sweet and sort of true for some people who just got being together. I like this, and the art is gorgeous even the pieces of scenes in panels, it’s good.

last edited at Dec 25, 2019 11:53AM

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

I am ALL about this art style

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

This is different in the best possible way. I'd love to see more.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

This art feels so crisp. Love this kind of dry storytelling

joined Feb 24, 2019

Reading it a second time it is worth noting that both characters are putting on the accessories that were gifted to them from one another right at the start, so it seems their relationship has progressed pretty far, but it might still be rather new since neither one knows how serious the other is and so they're testing the waters on the way to the train. Hat girl definitely seems too shy to communicate what she wants while watch girl seems either annoyed or otherwise offput by the uncertainty of the situation, resulting in a lot of dancing around what they both really want. Watch girl seems to piece it together first and shifts to wanting hat girl to be more open about her feelings, so it really comes off as a story that both recognizes the difficulties of open communication while still advocating for it. I really like this one and how it is a yuri story that is more universal, since anyone in a relationship where they aren't living with their partner can relate.

last edited at Jul 5, 2020 6:41PM

joined Nov 27, 2016

^ I like how it makes u read between the lines, I definitely had to read back to understand it all but from what I got, both girls don’t really want to tell the other what they want at first. The watch girl picks up on what the hat girl wants and is trying to subtly coax her into telling her true feelings all without really revealing her own, which is where hat girl tells her that she needs to be honest first in order to receive an honest answer back. Both girls are similar, which is why they each call the other troublesome since neither wants to be outright with how they feel and try to make the other be the one to make the first move. I personally love how the author did this cuz I think it’s so neat to pick up on the subtle hints both girls try to give each other and how the other reacts in a somewhat unsatisfied way and tries to communicate a little but then hesitates and they just keep dancing around what they really want to say until they eventually do say it

last edited at Dec 25, 2019 2:58PM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Confusing? Just read the afterword. They’re in a relationship already. They’re lovers who probably out in a date and don’t want to let go of each other even though they’re only have to go on each of their own homes. This kinda sweet and sort of true for some people who just got being together. I like this, and the art is gorgeous even the pieces of scenes in panels, it’s good.

My confusion came from the mentions of another girl, which just kinda felt disjointed and like I was missing something, at first. It's not that confusing I was just left a bit reeling at the very start.

30min
joined Mar 29, 2019

I guess it's worth mentioning that the person being mentioned at the beginning could've been either both a girl or a guy. In both the Chinese and Japanese versions, they used vague terms, like "that person" or using a gender-less pronoun, so it could've been either. I interpreted it as a girl just by the tone and from hat girl asking if she was in love with that person. But I really do believe that was just meant as idle talk from watch girl so hat girl would start talking. Even though it did come off as something really random at first.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Ah, I see! Thank you for that info, that helps a lot! And thank you for translating this, it's a very cute manga.

Img_8161
joined Nov 28, 2018

such a cute and refreshing art style, love it

To reply you must either login or sign up.