Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I'm just gonna pretend to ignore the whole fault conversation by actually commenting on these chapters:
deep inhale
All's well that ends well.

Yes, I agree. Now, let's see what other juicy drama erupts in this couple's love life! Mwahaha!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm just gonna pretend to ignore the whole fault conversation by actually commenting on these chapters:
deep inhale
All's well that ends well.

Yes, I agree. Now, let's see what other juicy drama erupts in this couple's love life! Mwahaha!

Well there is still the bath problem.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Publishers take note: all you have to do to prevent piracy is to release your products in a terrible state.

See you guys in the spring, I suppose.

Untitled172-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

so do those three friends still NOT know theyre dating even at this rate?

joined May 31, 2019

so do those three friends still NOT know theyre dating even at this rate?

All signs allude that those three are just as dense as our protags. So.......

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Heh, I it was funny to see that awkward apology in front of all friends, that thought it would be better for them to be there for damage control.

Yes, they are childish and irrational, and it is normal. First of all they are still pretty much kids and second, they are done that at the heat of emotions. In the end they sorted it out beautifully.
Waiting for obligatory bath scene, lol.

Many thanks to the translators that released this arс almost as a batch.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

(...) "right" and "wrong" get weighed in the scales of justice by readers acting like Grand Inquisitors.

More often than not, both parties are partly right and partly wrong. (...)

To hear some readers you'd think we're the judge and jury in some kind of moral small-claims court.

Yes but it's fun to discuss about who did what wrong and getting insights from different people. People have different views and discussing these different views can help you gain more insight and look at it from a perspective you hadn't yet. Isn't part of the point of fiction so you can think about it and weigh different options? It's fun to scrutinize chatacters, to judge them, to weigh them up against each other, to think about what happened. Who's to blame? What are they thinking? Questions questions? It's fun, I don't see what's wrong with people having "moral small-claims" discussions.
I'm surprised a lover-of-discusson such as yourself doesn't agree to that.

I take your point, but a lot of such discussions are the very ones that often deteriorate into forum squabbling when readers abstract the issues from the specific narrative context and impose their personal real-life priorities and values onto them.

One of the more benign forms is when it becomes excoriating imaginary people for not making better choices, when the whole point is that the characters learn to make those better choices by suffering the consequences of their not-so-great ones. (Or in the alternative, readers chastising authors, whose fundamental business is creating and resolving fictional conflict, for introducing conflict into their stories.)

That is a lesson I wish I learned a while ago. I would have saved a lot of wasted time and effort.

To return to the story at hand, I think the brilliant thing about this arc is that the apologies (the "penalty" paid for the claims that readers seem to be so concerned about) are just a false resolution--both Nanoha and Chidori are well aware that what they really need to do is to talk honestly with one another.

Artworks-000165609848-75gqpp-t500x500
joined Aug 1, 2015

Mentioning the heart stone gave me intense Girlfiriends nostalgia. Hell Nanoha and Chidori already look like Akko and Mari, this has got to be an intentional homage/reference to it.

joined Sep 1, 2017

The heart stone. The victorian dress rental plase. The historical Western house. Nanoho, and Chitori's class must be at the same plase that Akko confessed to Mariko in Girlfriends

I just want to take a moment and talk about Nanoho, and Chitori's friends. I mean the couple have been dating for an entire year, right under their noses, and they still don't suspect a thing. I get that the same sex thing might have thrown them off the scent for a while. But you would think at least one of them would have gotten suspicious about how close the pair has grown.
For a while I thought that maybe they knew, and were just letting Nanoho and Chitori tell them in their own time, but now it's obvious they're clueless.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

The heart stone. The victorian dress rental plase. The historical Western house. Nanoho, and Chitori's class must be at the same plase that Akko confessed to Mariko in Girlfriends

I thought it was in Negima too, but I think I might be wrong! I wonder if the girlfriends connection is a coincidence or intentional. I don't think there are any direct references with panels or staging or the like, but the confessions might say otherwise

last edited at Dec 22, 2019 2:01AM

joined Sep 1, 2017

I thought it was in Negima too, but I think I might be wrong! I wonder if the girlfriends connection is a coincidence or intentional. I don't think there are any direct references with panels or staging or the like, but the confessions might say otherwise

Maybe it's an omage to Girlfriends, or maybe both works are using a place known for both school trips and romance as a back drop. I mean no one would wonder if a love confession in Paris, or Venice was a reference to another story.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Nooo a hiatus! I get it. I was spoiled. I was enjoying these regular updates too much.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

School groups tend to visit the same places. If you ever go to Japan and visit any famous tourist place at the time when school groups are out, you will find a LOT of them. I just returned from a trip to Japan and I saw them in Dotonbori, at Hiroshima castle, on Miyajima, basically at all the well known places. I have never been to Nagasaki but I am sure if I went I would see school groups at exactly this place.

I think it's an easy sell? They could go to Kyoto and do the shrine next to Kiyomizu-dera (which I'm pretty sure has shown up in some anime and manga), but I guess Nagasaki is becoming more in? Kyoto is so badly overtouristed now... In any case, having a romantic spot on a school trip is a trope, and realistically it's actually very common for many schools to go to the same spots.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'm pretty sure that's all just under the category of Shit You Do In Nagasaki. If you're going to have your school romance manga take a school trip, you have probably 3 common options. If you go with Nagasaki, then you're also going to have Glover Garden, which is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city, and that includes all the rest. So even if it'd deliberate homage, it's not like it's something unique to Girlfriends.

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

I am sorry but is no one going to comment on Chidori in a wedding dress page 154, am sorry be but squeed then I saw that.

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

@ironwolf69 Yeah, that was fantastic! I really appreciated getting to see Nanoha have a "god, I want to marry her" moment, especially since it wasn't played for laughs.

I love the idea of following the story of these two all the way until their wedding (and even beyond if we are so lucky).

joined Dec 1, 2019

Nooo a hiatus! I get it. I was spoiled. I was enjoying these regular updates too much.

If you don't see it yet the raws are very interesting right now, Mai just reveal something!!

last edited at Dec 22, 2019 9:25AM

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

If you don't see it yet the raws are very interesting right now

Use spoiler tags when discussing content not yet uploaded to Dynasty.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Man, Nanoha looks really cute in that outfit.

joined Dec 1, 2019

If you don't see it yet the raws are very interesting right now

Use spoiler tags when discussing content not yet uploaded to Dynasty.

got it.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I'm looking at Sunday Webry and... chapters besides 1-3 and 79 are only accessible by a phone app? Sigh.

Caf17338-61fd-484a-9549-c799f3691222
joined May 29, 2011

I mean, all of this focus on Chidori, all the while, Nanoha is the only one dressed as the hot Prince? My dudes and dudettes.... O_o

Gotta love Nanoha...her thoughts skipping straight to the “Yeah I can wait until we’re ready to be married.” phase.

Screenshot_20220816-234512_mangazone
joined Sep 9, 2019

At first I thought both of em, especially Nanoha, was stupid for being stuborn.
Then I reflected on my relationship with my gf and realized holy shit this so on point .-.)

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Wedding dresses and pants is cute and all, but why is it that most of the time one has to wear a dress and the other be the prince?
I want more princess x princess style of weddings.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Wedding dresses and pants is cute and all, but why is it that most of the time one has to wear a dress and the other be the prince?
I want more princess x princess style of weddings.

YES!

To reply you must either login or sign up.