Forum › Run Away With Me, Girl discussion

Img_20190107_054630
joined Jan 26, 2019

It's... an interesting developpement
Guy's an asshole, she's just getting married cause she's pregnant and this is japan and she don't actually want any of that
Can't wait to see where they're going to go with this

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

this is quite the predicament

Because your heart doesn't listen to reason. I still have feelings for my first love, and it's been 20 years now, she's been married for 15 of those. That's why these "she married a man instead of me" stories always sting

I probably have no right to say this but are you still in contact with her? If you are, I think it's best if you just say how you feel and stop talking to her altogether, since it's been that long. In the end I'm sure it'll hurt more, but it'll also last less. The first love is always the strongest though and if you don't take my advice, I still wish you luck on your journey.

Sorry if I offended you, I just wanted to give my two cents and make it hurt for you in the least possible way in the long run because that sounds very painful.

last edited at Dec 17, 2019 3:14AM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Why would I root for a relationship between these people. MC deserves someone who has even a shred of respect or empathy for them.

Why do you assume it's the author's intent for you to route for them? I get the feeling this story is out to explore the abyss first and tell a love story second.

last edited at Dec 17, 2019 4:07AM

joined Jun 12, 2019

man Idk how I feel about this.. kinda love/hate angst.. also love angst if we get a happy ending but hmmm...

joined Jun 12, 2019

I don’t really love the marriage trope thing nor this pregnancy this ugh but I’ll see how far this goes

Images__01
joined Nov 3, 2019

Wowwwww Midori's guy is such an ass... Kudos to Maki for keeping it together enough to not break this guy's face. Though if she had, I would definitely have applauded her - standing ovation even! :D

Well now that it's been established the dude's a prick, this paves the way for our MC getting her girl back or I guess, running away with her girl :P That said, I still feel like the MC deserves someone better, however reading Midori's POV might win me over.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

this is quite the predicament

Because your heart doesn't listen to reason. I still have feelings for my first love, and it's been 20 years now, she's been married for 15 of those. That's why these "she married a man instead of me" stories always sting

I probably have no right to say this but are you still in contact with her? If you are, I think it's best if you just say how you feel and stop talking to her altogether, since it's been that long. In the end I'm sure it'll hurt more, but it'll also last less. The first love is always the strongest though and if you don't take my advice, I still wish you luck on your journey.

Sorry if I offended you, I just wanted to give my two cents and make it hurt for you in the least possible way in the long run because that sounds very painful.

No worries. She was and still is my best friend, and she knows about how I felt back then. People like to say that "time heals all wounds" but that's wrong. Time just gives you, well, time to figure out how to cope and move forward despite the pain. It's been 20 years. Yeah it still stings sometimes but that's life.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I do like this series. It's certainly a tad cliche in some respects but in others it's true to situations that people deal with.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

God. I understand some girls like Midori dreams to marry and all, but hey at least get some guy who isn't an ass and respects you enough. Sigh. Anyway, Midori, tell your story and makes me root for you...

On the side note. I kinda got distracted at Midori's eyelashes...lol

last edited at Dec 17, 2019 5:20AM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Boring cliché. Only the possibilities with this online-friend are keep me reading. Art is nice.

joined May 11, 2018

A whole mess.

joined Dec 18, 2018

I have a theory. "Phone girl" is actually Midori's fiance, he figured a while ago that Midori is actually still in love with Maki, and used wizardry to track her down and orchestrated everything thus far because he wants Midori to be happy with the one she loves and not be stuck in loveless marriage. This is also why he's acting like a prick to drive Midori and Maki together.

One can dream right?

Interested to see where this goes, not sure my heart is prepared though.

ThatdudefromVietNam
T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Jun 23, 2019

Reading this left a sour taste in mouth,I don't like it :<

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don’t think there’s any story that takes place in a recognizable universe with human beings behaving in recognizable human situations that somebody somewhere wouldn’t scorn as being “cliché” (the adjectival form “clichéd” apparently now having been permanently dumbed down to “cliché”).

last edited at Dec 17, 2019 7:42AM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

^ Not all cliché are boring and bad, but this story is boring cliché. I even remember really old manga with basically the same plot. Only difference is how bad husband is and how good and not boring writing is. Art important too, lol.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ Not all cliché are boring and bad, but this story is boring cliché. I even remember really old manga with basically the same plot. Only difference is how bad husband is and how good and not boring writing is. Art important too, lol.

In other words, you’re bored. Duly noted.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What backstory do you want ? Midori loved Maki but "girlz cant luv girlz" trope and so she decided to found a man cause her family probably pressure to get married and so she take the first one nice enough to accept it but deep down she still think about Maki but can't do anything about it then the man reveal to be an asshole who didn't care about her (might as well be cheating for a full combo) and so she realise it wasn't the happy life she was looking for then boom she stumble into Maki and realise she had always love her. She will probably see Maki again and accept the run away offer.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Kinda reminds me of that other manga "Even though we're adults" I like both so far. You can't really have drama and angst without a little cliche here and there

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Kinda reminds me of that other manga "Even though we're adults" I like both so far. You can't really have drama and angst without a little cliche here and there

Main difference being the husband not being an asshole in the other one.

joined May 9, 2018

I guess, like Maki, I’m a masochist. I thought I’d stop reading at Chapter 1. But no; Chapter 2 got even “juicier” for me and I’m wanting more.

joined Mar 29, 2019

Dayum angst is real

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Honestly, doing the asshole husband routine just manufactures some kind of moral high ground for the MC, which just lessens the drama more than anything. Perhaps the author has another angle coming that cannot be seen yet, but so far there really is not much to grab onto in this story.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

What backstory do you want ?

It’s not about backstory, it’s about story itself. Even if it didn't have asshole-husband and do have complicated relationships, more rich characters with personality… wait, yeah, this story “Even though we're adults” exist, that somewhat similar, so mangaka can write more interesting story with this more or less cliché plot, lol.
Well I don’t have strong feeling for this, I just want to see how some details play out. And art is nice enough.

last edited at Dec 17, 2019 9:19AM

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I think I'm the masochist one here, because I kept reading this while feeling horrible things inside.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Of course he had to be an asshole... I mean, it would make things easier when they do elope, but still.
I would have like it if he was a regular person, even kind. Makes the eventual eloping all themore powerful instead of justifing it by "men are pigs!"

Ok, I sounded too JSW just now, apologies.

To reply you must either login or sign up.