Forum › SHY discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

We were so close.

Chocolate%20photo%20-%20copy
joined Apr 2, 2013

I am distracted by how amazingly attractive Spirits is.

» That's the whole point of showing her in the medical bay

I am also distracted by Spirit’s attractive looks, but I somehow only noticed it by the next chapter.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This is the good kind of fanservice ufffff

joined Mar 5, 2016

she does have rather nice arms, yes

Genbuakicon
joined Jun 27, 2015

Please don't bully russian girls by taking vodka away

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Why did she bail on the kiss? It's the perfect time for some comforting love.

She's saving it for when she really means business. i.e. When she's sober.

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

that felt weird to see cause ever since the beginning i saw them like a mother-daughter bond thing

last edited at Nov 29, 2019 8:28PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hmmm I think mentor or sensei would be more appropriate ... Well I'm sure Spirit thinks that shy is a cute puppy at this point

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Note that Teru wasn't against the kiss

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Don't do that, don't give me hope

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Seeing Spirits without her usual outfit somehow...bothers me

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

They are so cute together.

joined Nov 30, 2019

They are so cute together.

I think so too

joined Nov 30, 2019

Note that Teru wasn't against the kiss

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Hmmm I think mentor or sensei would be more appropriate ... Well I'm sure Spirit thinks that shy is a cute puppy at this point

I also don't think that Spirits sees Shy as her peer, despite Shy's best efforts to prove her wrong and Spirits' apparent acknowledgement of her new strength (the handshake). Therefore, I don't think any good will come out of it if they got together at this point in the story. Maybe later, when Shy goes through fifteen shonen power-ups and saves the world single-handedly? Rn, Iko is still the best match for Teru IMO, because they are both about the same age, and I am still waiting on Iko getting some superpowers of her own.

PS: Does a handshake count as holding hands?

23131889_285323998648077_5029786755005305904_n
joined Jan 11, 2019

Ok Author, now you have me truly shipping them. I want my chu chu moments asap.

joined Apr 1, 2013

haahha Pesha almost going in for that kiss i so would have enjoyed it if it did happen! hmmm the plot thickens huehue im glad Pesha is okay i knew she would be okay also her best friend is back obviously for plot but i hope this means she becomes into a new super hero via the ring to help shy take down stigma it would be interesting to see StarDust turn evil via stigma i have a feeling he might turn bad because of him exploiting his emotions or memories

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

The Yurii Orphanage......... Very subtle...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Can i be the kill joy about the orphanage's name ? Just remember that Yurii has not the same meaning in Russia that it had in Japan.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Can i be the kill joy about the orphanage's name ? Just remember that Yurii has not the same meaning in Russia that it had in Japan.

NO RLY? But cheap pun is good for a chuckle.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

If you're going to nitpick, at least say it's yurii, not yuri.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Also nobody is going to comment that it's implied that Pepesha always drinks before meeting Teru to the point, Teru wouldn't recognize her when she's sober?

last edited at Dec 6, 2019 4:44PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Lilliwyt posted:

If you're going to nitpick, at least say it's yurii, not yuri.

My read is that this was done for the cheap pun, since, again, I cannot think of any original Russian name for "Yurii Orphanage" that would make linguistic sense. Yuri is a given name, and orphanages and other institutions named after people typically have surnames attached to them. E.g. an orphanage dedicated to Yuri Gagarin would be "the Gagarin Orphanage", but never just "Yuri Orphanage"...

Also nobody is going to comment that it's implied that Pepesha always drinks before meeting Teru to the point, Teru wouldn't recognize her when she's sober?

Theory: Her regular sober personality is as grumpy as her orphanage days, but drinking makes her more sociable and open (a real-life side effect of moderate alcohol consumption), which is the side of her she wants to project for Teru.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Koveras posted:

My read is that this was done for the cheap pun, since, again, I cannot think of any original Russian name for "Yurii Orphanage" that would make linguistic sense. Yuri is a given name, and orphanages and other institutions named after people typically have surnames attached to them. E.g. an orphanage dedicated to Yuri Gagarin would be "the Gagarin Orphanage", but never just "Yuri Orphanage"...

I meant more, that nobody is going to think Russian "yuri" means the same thing as Japanese "yuri" and it's obviously here for a cheap pun. So if you're going to nitpick the obvious, the least you could point out is the fact that Japanese "yuri" is written as, well "yuri". Not "yurii". "Yurii" means nothing in Japanese. In fact the fact author wrote it as "yurii" and not "yuri" makes me think they didn't want people to draw a connection. Then again in that case they could literally choose any other name,

Theory: Her regular sober personality is as grumpy as her orphanage days, but drinking makes her more sociable and open (a real-life side effect of moderate alcohol consumption), which is the side of her she wants to project for Teru.

Oh. That actually... makes a lot of sense. I like it.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That Mr Isaak looked shady as hell.

To reply you must either login or sign up.