Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

joined Mar 18, 2018

Gah! This manga is so wholesome! I love it so much!~

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

What a legendary group!
Even mentioning the credits for the artworks used

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Btw thanks for that manhwa recommendation in the credits. I've just read it and it's literally one of the best stories in the past years.

last edited at Nov 27, 2019 7:32AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Gotta love that lewd shoulder pressing

Not to mention holding hands right next to their friends.

joined Jan 11, 2019

I can't read this properly anymore as I started watching Nanoha the other day (I'm only up to episode 2 strikers so please don't spoil me lol) and can't see the name Nanoha like I used to

Someone needs to draw fanart with this Nanoha as MGLN!Nanoha and Chidori as Fate.

reveal: so uh were going out
friends: is that it? we knew since day 1

also chidori has bigger tits

last edited at Nov 27, 2019 10:42AM by

joined Feb 18, 2015

Hmmm... so their friend ACTUALLY said HIM... I was wondering if she was image was everyone else's imagination of the presumed guy since there's no face. If she had used gender neutral terms I would have suspected that the person she was crushing on at her cram school was female...

These two certainly can get overheated just from the thought of kissing each other!

igenetycs Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Aug 14, 2019

Btw thanks for that manhwa recommendation in the credits. I've just read it and it's literally one of the best stories in the past years.

Ah! I am so happy to hear that! It's one of my absolute favourite series (assuming we're talking about "Her Tale of Shim Chong", "Between Summer & Fall" was fun but I mostly included that one because I thought the panel was hilarious).

Hmmm... so their friend ACTUALLY said HIM... I was wondering if she was image was everyone else's imagination of the presumed guy since there's no face. If she had used gender neutral terms I would have suspected that the person she was crushing on at her cram school was female...

These two certainly can get overheated just from the thought of kissing each other!

Ah, the gender of the crush is actually ambiguous in the raws. Here is what schuyguy said when we were quality checking:

"Kumako doesn't refer to her crush by gender in the original. In fact, no one refers to her crush in any gendered manner throughout the entire conversation. But this is very common in Japanese. Usage of pronouns is rare, because once the subject is brought up you don't need to explicitly state it for the rest of the conversation. Unfortunately, you have to make a choice in English. Any translation of that exchange that avoided the use of gendered pronouns would sound unnatural in a way the original doesn't. If I used "them" then it would draw attention to the lack of a defined gender in a way the original doesn't. It just doesn't work the same way in English. If you refer to a singular person as "they", people ask for clarification."

So, here, Kumako doesn't refer to this person as "him" until someone else does first. They made an assumption, and she went along with it.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Ah! I am so happy to hear that! It's one of my absolute favourite series (assuming we're talking about "Her Tale of Shim Chong"

Yes I was talking about that! I'm in the look out for new series, so finally I found something worthwhile. If you want more people to get to know it too, maybe make a thread here and upload the first chapter (since that one is for free).
I actually wanna talk about it a bit more, but won't do it here.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Ah, the gender of the crush is actually ambiguous in the raws. Here is what schuyguy said when we were quality checking:

"Kumako doesn't refer to her crush by gender in the original. In fact, no one refers to her crush in any gendered manner throughout the entire conversation. But this is very common in Japanese. Usage of pronouns is rare, because once the subject is brought up you don't need to explicitly state it for the rest of the conversation. Unfortunately, you have to make a choice in English. Any translation of that exchange that avoided the use of gendered pronouns would sound unnatural in a way the original doesn't. If I used "them" then it would draw attention to the lack of a defined gender in a way the original doesn't. It just doesn't work the same way in English. If you refer to a singular person as "they", people ask for clarification."

So, here, Kumako doesn't refer to this person as "him" until someone else does first. They made an assumption, and she went along with it.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

GIRLS! STOP RELIVING THAT ONE KISS AND JUST KISS SOME MORE! A WHOLE LOT MORE!

joined Apr 6, 2013

I fear these two will end up having heart attacks if they ever have sex

joined Dec 13, 2018

I fear these two will end up having heart attacks if they ever have sex

shy defibrillation

awkward hospital visit

heart-touching complications and cardiac massage

joined Feb 23, 2016

I can't read this properly anymore as I started watching Nanoha the other day (I'm only up to episode 2 strikers so please don't spoil me lol) and can't see the name Nanoha like I used to

Someone needs to draw fanart with this Nanoha as MGLN!Nanoha and Chidori as Fate.

you ask and you shall receive! (⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎) in approximately 3-4 days

joined Feb 23, 2016

That was good :) looking forward for the next chapters~

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Same. ^^

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

That...That was just cruel :(

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

All of this worrying I had to ended up in me genuienly laughing... Not that I'm complaining.

last edited at Nov 29, 2019 4:19PM

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

you ask and you shall receive! (⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎) in approximately 3-4 days

Looking forward to it

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Now this is my kind of drama.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Thanks to whoever dumps all these chapters at once!

Nanoha finding out what “high maintenance” means...

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

This has rapidly become one of my all-time favorite stories That don't have neko-ears and iirc there's an anime on the way?
It's just all-around good. The pace, the funny, the art, everything is good.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

This has rapidly become one of my all-time favorite stories That don't have neko-ears and iirc there's an anime on the way?
It's just all-around good. The pace, the funny, the art, everything is good.

An anime? Where'd you hear that? I figure if there was an anime adaptation coming, the author would mention it on her twitter, but she hasn't.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

wow, i've opened this series up in a new tab about 15 times when a new chapter comes out, but never made the time to read it until now.

its super cute!!!

also, 5cats knows what's up. nekomimi are the best.

To reply you must either login or sign up.