Forum › A Room For Two discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

A chapter in which Kasumi smiles at Sakurako a great deal. Fantastic.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A chapter in which Kasumi smiles at Sakurako a great deal. Fantastic.

Also, those little hearts coming from Kasumi for a change again. ^_^

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Even after 59+ chapters, I am still not entirely sure about the nature of Sakurako and Kasumi's relationship.

They're life partners.

I think that is by far the best descriptor for these two.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Even after 59+ chapters, I am still not entirely sure about the nature of Sakurako and Kasumi's relationship.

They're life partners.

Yeah I get that, but what kind of life partners. They come in many flavors, you know.
It really wasn't a serious question, though. Just a stray musing I had while I read the chapter. I thought it would be cute if the couple got a little lovey dovey in Kasumi's childhood room. (I know a total cliche, but I'm a sucker for the classics) Then I realised that I don't know if they have a sexual relationship. ( just a statement of fact. Not a complaint.)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

They're life partners.

Yeah I get that, but what kind of life partners. They come in many flavors, you know.
It really wasn't a serious question, though. Just a stray musing I had while I read the chapter. I thought it would be cute if the couple got a little lovey dovey in Kasumi's childhood room. (I know a total cliche, but I'm a sucker for the classics) Then I realised that I don't know if they have a sexual relationship. ( just a statement of fact. Not a complaint.)

I think you can say their relation is a platonic love. I think both of them, Kasumi mostly and Sakurako to a lesser extent, are not that much interested in a more physical relation . Remember we talk about 2 girls who don't see the point of putting their love into words because they know how important they are for one another so i can assume they're not that much intested by that.

last edited at Nov 11, 2019 6:34AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I think you can say their relation is a platonic love. I think both of them, Kasumi mostly and Sakurako to a lesser extent, are not that much interested in a more physical relation . Remember we talk about 2 girls who don't see the point of putting their love into words because they know how important they are for one another so i can assume they're not that much intested by that.

There's a difference between not bothering with words and not wanting a physical relationship, although I do admit there's been no evidence so far of them having one. Even just kisses are still something quite rare. I really don't think it'll stay like this forever, but they're simply growing their relationship at their own leisurely pace.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I tend to think of the "Do they fuck? Will they ever?" question as more of a narrative/authorial issue than a character-driven one.

Yukiko-sensei is upfront about the two overt lovers (blanking on the names, and I'm off to work this morning), indicating to me that the ambiguous physical aspect of the MC's relationship amounts to a form of gentle trolling--as I've said before, "How deeply and thoroughly intertwined can I make these two as a couple and still have some people ask, 'Are they dating?'"

But I could be wrong.

joined Feb 18, 2015

It is actually suggested several times that they have a physical relationship. I wasn't able to find a reference that suggests that they have sex, but here's one that certainly implies that they get physical:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch56#4

Kasumi: You're going to be teaching? That's amazing!
Sakurako: As far as I can make out, I'll be tutoring...
Kasumi: HUH? You wanna make out? Doing it here is a little...
Sakurako: NO! I meant I'm going to be an assistant! I didn't say anything like that!

Then on the next page, Kasumi admits that she tends to not listen very closely and her head goes blank when she's hungry and she gets sleepy when she eats...

But Kasumi's reaction isn't one of shock that Sakurako would want to make out, but that they're in public, which suggests that making out in private isn't something that would be a problem and is probably a regular thing.

Then here:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch56#7

When asked for love advice by one of her cram school students, Sakurako realizes she doesn't really have any experience with the whole 'does that person like me or not' aspect of love, because:

"Kasumi-chan and I were pretty lovey-dovey from the start... so I guess I've never had to worry about that stuff."

last edited at Nov 11, 2019 1:42PM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

"How deeply and thoroughly intertwined can I make these two as a couple and still have some people ask, 'Are they dating?'"

You nailed it.

joined Sep 1, 2017

I tend to think of the "Do they fuck? Will they ever?" question as more of a narrative/authorial issue than a character-driven one.

Yukiko-sensei is upfront about the two overt lovers (blanking on the names, and I'm off to work this morning), indicating to me that the ambiguous physical aspect of the MC's relationship amounts to a form of gentle trolling--as I've said before, "How deeply and thoroughly intertwined can I make these two as a couple and still have some people ask, 'Are they dating?'"

But I could be wrong.

like I said, it was just a stray question that popped up while reading the chapter. The two are cute together, either way. Although I sometimes wonder. If building to a sexual relationship isn't the climax of the story, then what's yukiko's exit strategy, for the series.

joined Oct 22, 2018

But I could be wrong.

like I said, it was just a stray question that popped up while reading the chapter. The two are cute together, either way. Although I sometimes wonder. If building to a sexual relationship isn't the climax of the story, then what's yukiko's exit strategy, for the series.

Implies Yukiko has an exit strategy.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Even when these two are long gone, Yukiko's grandchildren will be continuing this with the story of their grandchildren.

joined Sep 1, 2017

So, you're saying it's going to be the yuri manga equivalent of the Simpsons? A series that was culturally relevant 30 years ago, but now just stays funny enough to a avoid the Fox chopping block.

joined Oct 22, 2018

So, you're saying it's going to be the yuri manga equivalent of the Simpsons? A series that was culturally relevant 30 years ago, but now just stays funny enough to a avoid the Fox chopping block.

Basically

joined May 15, 2018

The Netherlands is, of course, the first country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage.

joined Oct 22, 2018

The Netherlands is, of course, the first country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage.

We can never be sure, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that Yukiko mentioned the Netherlands knowing that.

Rumia_full_1227580
joined Oct 10, 2018

Wasnt there one where Kasumi was perv. It was a concept piece I believe. Does anybody have a link to it?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Wasnt there one where Kasumi was perv. It was a concept piece I believe. Does anybody have a link to it?

The pilot chapter? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_a_room_for_two

Rumia_full_1227580
joined Oct 10, 2018

The pilot chapter? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_a_room_for_two

I might be misremembering and it might be that. Ugh, i could have sworn there was one where Kasumi was a bit more active. It wasnt a pilot I think but a concept piece before a room for two.

Again I might just be misremembering it.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I might be misremembering and it might be that. Ugh, i could have sworn there was one where Kasumi was a bit more active. It wasnt a pilot I think but a concept piece before a room for two.

Again I might just be misremembering it.

There was a series of "what if" pieces -- an extra to one of the volumes, I believe. "What if Kasumi was a dominating queen?" "What if Kasumi was overweight?" A bunch of alternative world shorties.

The one you want to find might be one of those, perhaps?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, these? Nothing really pervy on her side there, though.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Having an audio drama is really a nice achievement for Futaribeya. Out of curiosity i check both main VA and i was surprised : Ari Ozawa Kasumi's VA is also the VA of Papi from Monster Musume and Yuuki Kuwahara Sakurako's VA is the VA of Tooru of Dragon Maid (guess she like thirsty lesbian).

joined Nov 7, 2017

Kasumi might have the boobs but clearly Sakurako is rocking the booty in this pair.

Almost at comment page 100

joined Feb 23, 2016

Omg it got a Drama CD?! I’m gonna go listen to it now.. i think i am smelling an anime that will be in the making one day...
but damn this was cuteee, and Sakurako totally doesn’t win by comparing boobs.. but she could totally win with that nice ass(⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎)

last edited at Nov 26, 2019 9:25PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.