Forum › Moon Behind Clouds discussion

Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

No body else gonna talk about how sociopathic the MC is? She recognized a perceived inferiority in herself, but instead of moving on like a normal person, she acted solely to make herself feel superior to those around her. That's scary shit. It's one thing to behave that way and not recognize it, but to see your own inferiority complex and feed it... Wow.

It didn’t come off that way to me at all.

Images__01
joined Nov 3, 2019

Tfw you look at the tags, then look at the mangaka and think 'Knew it!' xD

Akane is quite the catch, wouldn't mind being the MC ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Everything went better than expected.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

No body else gonna talk about how sociopathic the MC is? She recognized a perceived inferiority in herself, but instead of moving on like a normal person, she acted solely to make herself feel superior to those around her. That's scary shit. It's one thing to behave that way and not recognize it, but to see your own inferiority complex and feed it... Wow.

It didn’t come off that way to me at all.

That's how I interpreted it. She accepted Akane's affection not out of any affection for Akane, but because it makes her feel less shitty about herself to have someone she felt inferior to need her. Kotori felt eclipsed by Akane's beauty, but now the person she silently envied and resented is in her power.

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

On one hand, feels bad. Those are some nasty tags.
On the other, psychological turmoil is far more entertaining than fluff at the end of the day. Madoka, anyone?

Another%20profile%20pic
joined May 15, 2019

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Another%20profile%20pic
joined May 15, 2019

I always want to see men suffered.

Another%20profile%20pic
joined May 15, 2019

Yuri for the win!

joined Oct 15, 2014

Honestly I thought it's gonna be a lot worst but hey not that bad

I always want to see men suffered.

Lel same. No offense to any men irl

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 6:56AM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

That's how I interpreted it. She accepted Akane's affection not out of any affection for Akane, but because it makes her feel less shitty about herself to have someone she felt inferior to need her. Kotori felt eclipsed by Akane's beauty, but now the person she silently envied and resented is in her power.

The way I'm reading it, it's both, really. She already was really getting into it before that line but still had reservations about the whole thing. Then Akane dropped that line and it's a mix of:

1. attraction (I mean she straight up says this, kissing Akane is totally different, she smells nicer, etc)
  2. affection (They're best friends and she clearly likes Akane despite everything; she doesn't show or indicate any resentment towards Akane, only herself for her own perceived inferiority)
  3. relief from feeding into her ego because now the person she always thought was the pinnacle and center of everything sees value in her, so therefore she must have some sort of great value. (The overwhelming sense of superiority)

I think it's cute. I loved Netsuzou so I love the shit out of this.

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 8:36AM

23131889_285323998648077_5029786755005305904_n
joined Jan 11, 2019

I hate NTR, but am I a bad person for not hating it as much when it's het -> yuri?

I feel awful, but same energy here ;-;

25025993_1624405047644006_39181285877dfdgdfg30845696_n
joined Nov 14, 2018

Man, this queen really got me into yuri NTR. Seeing a girl stealing some guy's girlfriend gives me such a twisted pleasure.

Rsz_1screenshot_2021-08-18_at_11-24-04_the_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_fr%c3%a9d%c3%a9rica_miyamoto_shiki_ichinose_%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc_-_pixiv
joined Apr 25, 2018

relatively wholesome ntr

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Not Sociopath, but more so that MC is just severely insecure about herself.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

Underage drinking? Cheating?! Lesbians?!

Not on my Christian yuri server there isn't!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Underage drinking? Cheating?! Lesbians?!

...and then it gets worse. D:

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The one-shot itself is a okayish standalone story, I guess.

Far more interesting is this thread and how the story appears to have been precision-engineered to lay bare all of the deep-seated hypocrisies of yuri fans, such as that Cheating is okay (or at least a cause for severe cognitive dissonance, as in some comments above) when a woman cheats with another woman on a man with whom she is in a committed relationship. Note also the lack of typical bi-phobic comments that usually follow the Bisexual Cheating combo. I find all of this fascinating and appreciate Naoko Kodama's repeated provocations to reflect on our own media consumption patterns. :-)

joined Jun 12, 2015

^Double standards.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

claps oh Kodama, your brand of Yuri NTR is all I need, so satisfying, I can't understand readers hate for Netsuzou trap at all.
Yuri shall conquer the earth should be your war cry

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Kodama is back at it =D I missed the cheating and aangst tags it was getting too fluffy for a second i thought someone had kidnapped her.

last edited at Nov 23, 2019 2:45PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Koveras posted:

Cheating is okay (or at least a cause for severe cognitive dissonance, as in some comments above) when a woman cheats with another woman on a man with whom she is in a committed relationship.

What can I say. Yuri makes everything better by default. Idk about others, but at least I am not afraid to admit I'm totally 100% biased towards yuri. After all yuritopia is my dream world.

last edited at Nov 23, 2019 3:26PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Short but delicious~ Classic Kodama, messed up characters, lmao! Akane decides to show her feelings by jumping the main character while said character's boyfriend is sleeping in the same room, and Kotori herself is genuinely messed up. I think Minalinsky's analysis was the most accurate one regarding this.

Koveras posted:

Cheating is okay (or at least a cause for severe cognitive dissonance, as in some comments above) when a woman cheats with another woman on a man with whom she is in a committed relationship.

What can I say. Yuri makes everything better by default. Idk about others, but at least I am not afraid to admit I'm totally 100% biased towards yuri. After all yuritopia is my dream world.

I am actually in the camp that unapologetically likes works that feature cheating (although even that can have its misses, khmSuwakokhm), but I still get an occasional laugh when the usual double standard in yuri pops up. That being said, I do not think this work is really the best example. The best example would be a story that features a decent guy being cheated on, and then have people being fine with it so long as it is yuri. This guy, on the other hand... openly drools over another girl, sees his girlfriend is insecure because of it, and his response is not to reassure her he likes her and so on, but that the other girl would never be interested in him since she is out of his league.

What I am saying is that he is kind of a douche, and that will always have people feel less inclined to sympathise. I am certainly no fan of the double standard, yet the only response I had to him being cheated on was "meh".

last edited at Nov 23, 2019 7:30PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

DamnYourNickIsLong posted:

I am actually in the camp that unapologetically likes works that feature cheating

I hate cheating and I think it's the worst thing you can do to lose someone's trust, yet I don't mind it in fiction when cute girls do it. Judge me.

The best example would be a story that features a decent guy being cheated on, and then have people being fine with it so long as it is yuri.

Case in point. And yes. It's one of my favorites.

last edited at Nov 23, 2019 7:47PM

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

Kodama Naoko like this stuff

Tumblr_pleo0rtlsv1qe7783o1_500%20-%20edited
joined Aug 6, 2018

As expected from Kodama lmao

To reply you must either login or sign up.