Forum › SHY discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Spirits's not dead.
I feel so relieved.

I am shocked, shocked to find her basically unharmed!

Called it: Pepesha was back in the fight before it was even over. :-)

last edited at Nov 14, 2019 3:25PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Koveras posted:

Spirits's not dead.
I feel so relieved.

Calling her unharmed is a bit too much. She's clearly wounded and because she spend most of the time immediately after getting shot in ice, bleeding was somewhat stopped. She only run at the very end to save Meng Long, but is visibly straining herself. If fight didn't end here and she had to kept moving and fighting, I bet we'd see a seriously drop in her capabilities and maybe even fainting due blood lost. Still, it was far cry from "killing off best character".

last edited at Nov 14, 2019 3:36PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I don't think it's quite right to compare everything in this to western comics. Yes, it's very clearly inspired by them and perhaps even designed to emulate them, but there's still a Japanese author making it, and that means that there's going to be aspects of the storytelling that won't perfectly mirror comic books. I'm not saying the comparisons are without merit, but it would be wise to remember that the tropes that show up in western comics won't always show up or be handled in the way you're used to seeing.

I definitely don't expect to see any Cables or Punishers, that's for sure. :P

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm still not sure if SHY's costume is more cool than erotic or if I'm just a pervert... But I think what really matter is that no matter how heroic you are or how important is your persona.........JUST WEAR A COAT !!!! IT'S THE FREAKING NORTH POLE! (or South... I forgot)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

I'm still not sure if SHY's costume is more cool than erotic or if I'm just a pervert... But I think what really matter is that no matter how heroic you are or how important is your persona.........JUST WEAR A COAT !!!! IT'S THE FREAKING NORTH POLE! (or South... I forgot)

Well she did comment it's cold and that they didn't give her time to dress properly. In fact it was nice detail that Spirits wasn't bothered by weather x3

last edited at Nov 14, 2019 4:14PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Eh, you're not alone on the costume thing. I think it looks cool, and I rarely notice that it's actually pretty revealing unless there's a color page. I guess it's kind of erotic, but that doesn't have to take away from the cool factor.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

OOH EE, OOH AH AH, TING TANG, AMALAMEIKS~

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Eh, you're not alone on the costume thing. I think it looks cool, and I rarely notice that it's actually pretty revealing unless there's a color page. I guess it's kind of erotic, but that doesn't have to take away from the cool factor.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shy_ch15
....... Both.... Like Neon Genesis, Heavy metal, etc.... Ladies got all kinds of appeal! Female heroins is best hero

Pepasha-san please get help.... Drunks never realise how injured they actually are til the day after.....

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Could be because she's always blushing too

joined Jul 26, 2016

Koveras posted:

Spirits's not dead.
I feel so relieved.

Calling her unharmed is a bit too much. She's clearly wounded and because she spend most of the time immediately after getting shot in ice, bleeding was somewhat stopped. She only run at the very end to save Meng Long, but is visibly straining herself. If fight didn't end here and she had to kept moving and fighting, I bet we'd see a seriously drop in her capabilities and maybe even fainting due blood lost. Still, it was far cry from "killing off best character".

Basically unharmed. The degree of injury she has files under those essentially cosmetic comicbook/shounen-manga wounds whose main purpose is to look dramatic and impact can be ignored wholesale according to the immediate needs of the plot.
I give it maybe a chapter tops 'till she's made a full recovery.

joined May 24, 2014

Well of course she couldn't say it from the beginning!

Jarnan
joined Sep 18, 2017

"Unchain"

great band

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

hmmm this chapter really made me realize how much I like the artstyle... Theres something about it and how they draw hands... nice...

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Might end up with them using the ring to get him.. or something

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

I just checked the one shot (I was rereading some of the comments here in the discussion and remembered about it) and I have a question. Why did they change her hairstyle!? I know the current one matches a shy person more, but the old one is so cool!!!

I want the characters' appearances to have a redesign in the future and for Shy's hair to go back to how it was in the one shot!!

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 6:45AM

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I am distracted by how amazingly attractive Spirits is.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

This is great and all but when are they going to kiss?

At this point I'm even ok with Meng Long kissing a girl.

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 7:41AM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

What a filler

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

I am distracted by how amazingly attractive Spirits is.

» That's the whole point of showing her in the medical bay

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 16, pg 251, "have been able remember" -> "have been able to remember"

joined Feb 22, 2018

Stigma: We are Amalareiks.
Shy: You named your organization after an obscure Visigothic king from the 6th Century CE? Why?
Stigma:..... Because I'm that kind of nerd.
Shy: I'm feeling that.

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 12:28PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

moral
support

Wait that's illegal.

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 2:48PM by Nezchan

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

"Unchain"

great band

I hear their melodies are pretty good.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Wow that was nice, it's a pretty cool development and I wasn't expecting this to put a cliffh-
(((Out of nowhere SHY crying in the rain))))

Ouch!!! author san, that hurt!

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Why did she bail on the kiss? It's the perfect time for some comforting love.

To reply you must either login or sign up.