Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

joined Apr 24, 2015

I'm surprised nobody is fuming at how Nononon rejected Yumimi's confession of love pretending it had to be a joke.

I didn't take that as a confession. It looked like more teasing from the writer.

I know common sense says "duh" but I've read enough manga that threw my common sense in my face. This series included.

At this point all the "couples" should be couples but that's if i use my common sense.

joined Feb 23, 2016

The credit endings.. i’m laughing to much..

Discordavi
Dayer
joined Jun 26, 2018

Been rooting for Elisha and Honoka since day one! YES!

joined Sep 6, 2018

I didn’t expect to get suckered into reading a yaoi story while reading this.

I’m impressed by the artistry the mangaka creates in every chapter. The scenery from afar is great and the water effects in the sink really portrayed a sink with flowing water. The cartoonish facial expressions definitely adds levity to some serious moves in the latest chapter.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Despite pretty much being the flagship couple I feel like Ayano and Miyoshi are going to be the last pair to actually get together for real. Seriously, as cute as their interactions are they're moveong slooow as heck.

I don’t think there’s a flagship relationship. I think it is all a flotilla of lesser yuri frigates and destroyers adding up to a kickass fleet of yuri manga.

Aand_this_one_too_by_shiniez
joined Jan 19, 2013

Been rooting for Elisha and Honoka since day one! YES!

Don't think you are the only one to hope it can happen, more so considering the fact they draw Yaoi Manga.

Aand_this_one_too_by_shiniez
joined Jan 19, 2013

Despite pretty much being the flagship couple I feel like Ayano and Miyoshi are going to be the last pair to actually get together for real. Seriously, as cute as their interactions are they're moveong slooow as heck.

I don’t think there’s a flagship relationship. I think it is all a flotilla of lesser yuri frigates and destroyers adding up to a kickass fleet of yuri manga.

There is, it is Ai and Chie who were basically a couple early on even acknowledged early on by other even if they were joking.

last edited at Oct 31, 2019 12:17AM

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

There is, it is Ai and Chie who were basically a couple early on even acknowledged early on by other even if they were joking.

I definitely agree that Ai and Chie are the flagship couple. When I first read the comment saying Ayano and Miyoshi were I was really confused because I thought it was obvious. Though looking back, Ayano and Miyoshi are probably a close second.

joined Dec 30, 2018

I'm a simple person
I see yaoi parody and I lose my shit every time
It's so absurd that it's somehow funny
Is this what a guilty pleasure is?

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

Every time I read Eli's lines, my brain makes it sound like Tina's English voice from Dead or Alive. I love the Eli x Honoka pairing. It's my otp in this manga

joined Jun 28, 2018

"HIS PENIS IS SO SMALL THAT I CAN'T FIND IT!"

I fuckin DIED

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

Well, I know its been a long time and all but they were the first two girls to appear in the series and are featured on the cover of volume 1 together, so yeah I'd say they're pretty much as close to a flagship pairing as there is. Though, sadly they've been long overtaken by a few of the other pairs in terms of actual yuri development.

I agree that Ayano and Miyoshi are the flagship couple, and for the reasons stated above. Normally, if they’re the first couple introduced, then they’ll be the last couple to resolve their relationship. If you start with them, then you need to end with them. All the other couples are important, of course. This title is such a huge ensemble cast of girls, some couples will get more attention than others but then the emphasis will change and another couple will get more attention. It may seem to some that Ai and Chie are the flagship couple right now, but it’s only because they’re the first confirmed couple. When the mangaka decides to wrap this story up, it will end with Ayano and Miyoshi finally resolving their relationship.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I'm surprised nobody is fuming at how Nononon rejected Yumimi's confession of love pretending it had to be a joke.

I didn't take that as a confession. It looked like more teasing from the writer.

I think the intent is that Yumimi kind of half meant it. She might be testing the water.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The yaoi adventures could have their own spin off manga and become a really big thing imo... I hope Midori gets more embarrassed from now on.
I feel a sadistic sense of torture waiting for 174, like... In all levels except physical... I am dying to read it.

But I know is not the team that's slow, they're in fact very fast.

last edited at Nov 8, 2019 10:14AM

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Serenata posted:

The yaoi adventures could have their own spin off manga and become a really big thing imo... I hope Midori gets more embarrassed from now on.
I feel a sadistic sense of torture waiting for 174, like... In all levels except physical... I am dying to read it.

It's actually already out! It has been a for a while now. It will probably get uploaded soon, worst case scenario with the new awaiting chapters.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Serenata posted:

It's actually already out! It has been a for a while now. It will probably get uploaded soon, worst case scenario with the new awaiting chapters.

I think you mistook it for 173. 174 isn't out yet or if it is, it's not on Mangadex.

last edited at Nov 8, 2019 2:00PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah it's actually 174 with the manga gang... Sorry for being so impatient, It's the first time I did this with this manga but because I knew when Onibi was going to show up next I took a glimpse at the raw... But when I saw tears I was like WHAAAAAAAT?!!! What's going oooooon so I've been dying since then... I almost regret it XD

I actually saw 173 in MD but that was during a time where my internet was gone for over a week, in fact I asked my friend to lend me her phone and one of the first things I did was to check MD to read Kimetsu no yaiba and Virgins Empire... I still have to resume mini mix, and many more... If it wasn't for that I would've probably commented in the first hour like the maniac I am hahaha

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

It would be really frustrating if Ayano and Miyoshi were the most interesting or beloved characters, I think most of us remember A kiss And A White Lily For You, while some of the side couples were nice, others were... Well, it wouldn't hurt the manga if they weren't there and it only made the wait for the main couple to get together even worse.

But in this case, I really really like all the couples, I have my favorites of course but if I don't get resolution any time soon for the "Main" one I don't care because I'm enjoying the rest a lot xP ...... I even have a least favorite, and that's Ai x Chie! there, I said it :l they have the most lovely scenes but I find the rest of the characters more fun to watch.

Ai x Chie??? LEAST??? That's it, I'm revoking your yuri card.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Lilliwyt posted:

Serenata posted:

I think you mistook it for 173. 174 isn't out yet or if it is, it's not on Mangadex.

Yes, sorry you are right! I was thinking about Ch173. BUT! I just uploaded on MD some chapters, they should soon arrive!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

SaturnX posted:

It would be really frustrating if Ayano and Miyoshi were the most interesting or beloved characters, I think most of us remember A kiss And A White Lily For You, while some of the side couples were nice, others were... Well, it wouldn't hurt the manga if they weren't there and it only made the wait for the main couple to get together even worse.

But in this case, I really really like all the couples, I have my favorites of course but if I don't get resolution any time soon for the "Main" one I don't care because I'm enjoying the rest a lot xP ...... I even have a least favorite, and that's Ai x Chie! there, I said it :l they have the most lovely scenes but I find the rest of the characters more fun to watch.

Ai x Chie??? LEAST??? That's it, I'm revoking your yuri card.

Noooooooooooooo!! I paid a lot of money to get it in the black mark- GASP forget that!

Lo/ but to be honest, I think is because they're already together and happy so I don't know what should I expect, and the other pairs have quirks or certain inclinations that makes them more exciting, and the ones who aren't really a couple yet have some crazy contrast compared to Ai and Chie, they're the cute and popular x cool and popular. Nobody gets in their way and they don't seem to struggle anymore...

Remember before, Ai had some complex about her body but that was settled already and Nononon is the one dealing with that now for real.

Tsuki-chan posted:

Lilliwyt posted:

Yes, sorry you are right! I was thinking about Ch173. BUT! I just uploaded on MD some chapters, they should soon arrive!

They were amazing!!!!!

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

OMGGGGGGGG chap 173 0______0 my mind kinda exploded ! that is one hell of logic imagination. Hats off hats off d(`Д´)b

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

The way I feel like a proud parent with Kanae. Like I’m over here thinking “*at it girl!! That my baby, getting yourself a girlfriend TTTT*” like legit I’m so proud ~

The way that Haruka is giving me small yandere vibes tho

last edited at Nov 10, 2019 8:34PM

joined Oct 5, 2016

I feel like Haruka's giving those vibes as sort of a red herring.

Or well, not really a red herring, but like, she's said how she's messed up previous friendships by getting overly attached.

Us readers are like, yeah, cuz girl you're super gay and you crushed on your straight friends, you're not some horrible person who gets overly attached, you're just a normal teenager who happens to like girls.

But Haruka feels like she is, and so every time she gets more intimate with Kanae it's sort of got the tone of like, oh shit, she's gone too far this time, it's gonna screw everything up. Except that Kanae is also super into her right back, so they keep progressing their relationship, with them both obviously realizing that something more is going on by now than just being friends.

tl;dr: I think Haruka gives off those little yandere vibes because that's how she feels about herself, but she's actually just a kid with a crush who likes her back.

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Kinda worried about what will happen with Kaoru x Boa-chan but let's see...

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I feel like Haruka's giving those vibes as sort of a red herring.

Or well, not really a red herring, but like, she's said how she's messed up previous friendships by getting overly attached.

Us readers are like, yeah, cuz girl you're super gay and you crushed on your straight friends, you're not some horrible person who gets overly attached, you're just a normal teenager who happens to like girls.

But Haruka feels like she is, and so every time she gets more intimate with Kanae it's sort of got the tone of like, oh shit, she's gone too far this time, it's gonna screw everything up. Except that Kanae is also super into her right back, so they keep progressing their relationship, with them both obviously realizing that something more is going on by now than just being friends.

tl;dr: I think Haruka gives off those little yandere vibes because that's how she feels about herself, but she's actually just a kid with a crush who likes her back.

Well, and, honestly, manga fans tend to read things straight to the most extreme trope. So jealousy and possessiveness? Yandere. Member of a couple talks to a boy and isn't instantly hostile? Het end. Best friend has a doki over one half of a couple? NTR! Somebody stands by a train track? They're clearly contemplating suicide. Uh oh, an intersection. That can only mean Truck-san!

Seriously, though, I think Haruka's insecure because she has cottoned on that she like-likes Kanae, but she doesn't know if Kanae feels the same way. So every time Kanae stops interacting with her to interact with someone else, she's thinking "does she like them as much as me? Maybe better? Do -they- like her? She needs to just straight up confess. It'd probably calm a lot of that insecurity if she knew she was special.

To reply you must either login or sign up.