Forum › A Room For Two discussion

joined Jul 23, 2019

"Hi hi, we're the lesbian couple next door! We just moved! Let's have a long and pleasant neighborly relationship!"

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Riruko

It's Ruriko (or Koruri, depending which of the other characters you ask).

Just check, it's Koruri. I don't know why i can't remember it correctly.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Riruko

It's Ruriko (or Koruri, depending which of the other characters you ask).

Just check, it's Koruri. I don't know why i can't remember it correctly.

The nickname they gave her is Ruriko. They just put the "ko" at the end instead, because that makes it sound more feminine.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

That reminds me of one of my favorite things, namely right-to-left horizontal signs. I read a manga, I can\'t remember where, where that was a plot point. A MC saw her name plus "sama" and thought she was being celebrated and it really read "MASA+syllables-of-her-name-backwards"

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I think that was Hidamari Sketch. The manga, not a dojin. When the girls went to a bathhouse.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think that was Hidamari Sketch. The manga, not a dojin. When the girls went to a bathhouse.

Oh, you're right thank you!

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Another heartwarming chapter <3

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch59_6#16
Those speach bubbles from Kasumis mum are pointless..... her face reads "they defs fuckin"

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Eventual trip to the Netherlands confirmed. We all know what this means...

last edited at Nov 10, 2019 7:05AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That world map really tripped me until I realized it's mirrored ...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OK, is it just me, or is this chapter a considerable art upgrade from the past chapters? Don't get me wrong--I've always kind of liked the spontaneous feel of Yukiko's art. This just seems to have more and more sophisticated use of tones, much more realistically detailed backgrounds, that "thru the map" reverse shot is pretty inventive visually*, etc.

I mean, all of those things have been increasing intermittently, but this strikes me as more consistently "deluxe" in the art department than the series has been in the past.

*(Of course, there's the creepy theory that the map actually functions as a two-way mirror for Kasumi's parents to monitor their daughter's bedroom activity. Creepy and preposterous, since it would just be endless hours of Kasumi sleeping.)

last edited at Nov 10, 2019 8:30AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm glad mom realizes her daughter has found a good reliable wife :)

p.s

This chapter made me realise not all maps look like the ones im used to lol. It makes sense maps made in other parts of the world would have that region in the middle not the UK, but I'd never heard of it before.

Seeing a map with Japan in the middle and Europe off to the side would look very odd! Maybe I just assumed it was an international standard thing, due to 0 longitude running through greewich? I dont recall ever seeing a map not like that? I wonder if its common?

last edited at Nov 10, 2019 8:42AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm glad mom realizes her daughter has found a good reliable wife :)

p.s

This chapter made me realise not all maps look like the ones im used to lol. It makes sense maps made in other parts of the world would have that region in the middle not the UK, but I'd never heard of it before.

Seeing a map with Japan in the middle and Europe off to the side would look very odd! Maybe I just assumed it was an international standard thing, due to 0 longitude running through greewich? I dont recall ever seeing a map not like that? I wonder if its common?

While kinda unusual, seeing East-Asia/Pacific centered maps is not unprecedented for me. The Civ Battle Royale, for example, always used maps with the Pacific and East Asia in the center, Europe and Africa on the right side and America on the left. That's not just for the minimaps on CBR Mk.2 and CBRX, but also the fan-made cartography for both of these, the most aesthetically pleasing being the early to mid CBR Mk.2 maps by SylonL, Malsistra and LacsiraxAriscal.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

From YuriIchigo on Twitter, there is a drama CD bundled with Vol.7 in Japan.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's pretty common. Map projections are fairly "arbitrary" - for example, the Mercator projection that is usually the base of most things distorts sizes enormously: https://thetruesize.com
Anyway, Chinese maps usually have China in the center. In Japan I haven't seen that (not that I specifically looked around for it), but I wouldn't be surprised if such maps existed.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

OK, is it just me, or is this chapter a considerable art upgrade from the past chapters? Don't get me wrong--I've always kind of liked the spontaneous feel of Yukiko's art. This just seems to have more and more sophisticated use of tones, much more realistically detailed backgrounds, that "thru the map" reverse shot is pretty inventive visually*, etc.

The non 4-koma chapters ususally have better art.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's pretty common. Map projections are fairly "arbitrary" - for example, the Mercator projection that is usually the base of most things distorts sizes enormously: https://thetruesize.com
Anyway, Chinese maps usually have China in the center. In Japan I haven't seen that (not that I specifically looked around for it), but I wouldn't be surprised if such maps existed.

Ask and you receive

joined Feb 23, 2016

Omg they are getting accepted~ i really love this chapter~

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The non 4-koma chapters ususally have better art.

I noticed that, too. But this seems even better than that.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Even after 59+ chapters, I am still not entirely sure about the nature of Sakurako and Kasumi's relationship.

586679-586678-51yyd2ts_il._sl500_aa300__super
joined Oct 4, 2018

Omg they are getting accepted~ i really love this chapter~

Not sure if you noticed/ remember but Kasumi's mom already called Sakurako her daughter-in-law in an earlier chapter.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Even after 59+ chapters, I am still not entirely sure about the nature of Sakurako and Kasumi's relationship.

They're life partners.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Ask and you receive

Yeah, that's the type of map we folks at the r/civbattleroyale use
Special emphasis on "type of"

last edited at Nov 10, 2019 1:58PM

Arqxpgpd_700w_0
joined Apr 2, 2018

Ask and you receive

(https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch59_6#12)
Look at my country! (●♡∀♡)

"AQUI É BRASIL, SANGUE BOM!" (ノ≧∇≦)ノ ミ ┻━┻

Sorry, I couldn't resist the temptation when I saw the world map... (・_・;)

Also, what intrigues me most is that the caption of this world map from the image above blocked Svalbard! How can this be possible!? ⊙.☉

last edited at Nov 10, 2019 2:14PM

joined Dec 13, 2018

A chapter in which Kasumi smiles at Sakurako a great deal. Fantastic.

To reply you must either login or sign up.