Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

joined Oct 10, 2016

Well, that was not what I was expecting. Not saying they don't look good together, cause they do. Just, sharing is caring, I guess. Idk.

Lizard? XD

Yes, Monika from Doki Doki Photography Club gets Lizard-kun.

BRILLIANT

last edited at Oct 20, 2019 11:27AM

joined Feb 17, 2018

If they're all together then wouldn't this need a Polyamorous tag?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Yeah, same goes for chapter 9.

joined Oct 17, 2018

NOSE BLEED!!! so god damn cuuuuuuuute!!

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

I need more. Much more

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

God damn it they're all a bunch of useless lesbians! I have no room to talk fuck!

joined Apr 26, 2016

What a cop-out.

What you mean this is the best way to resolve love triangles

joined Feb 18, 2015

Just take turns! (I'm surprised the senpai didn't come in and settle the argument by stealing her first kiss away from both of them.)

last edited at Oct 23, 2019 1:13PM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Yeah, same goes for chapter 9.

They're trying not to spoil anything, which is good because I just finished reading it and did not see that coming

joined May 30, 2016

Wow, while it did feel rushed, I enjoyed the ending. Nice how things got resolved in the best (?) way possible for those three. I mean, why not? That option seemed to be the best way to go considering how they feel for each other. I thought for a moment that senpai will go for Kou next since the other two are reunited. Oh well, it's a feel good ending and I like it. Though honestly, I would have liked to see more of the teacher.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Just why..

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

The incredible flex.

“Here’s a picture I took at my wedding of my wives making out.”

joined Feb 8, 2016

I really like how the story came together, the obvious pain and self-doubt. But the ending........come on, a threesome? That blew it for me. That made the ending seem like so much fan service and reminded me why I'm not a big fan of most hetero romance stories. Very disappointing. I'm sure every teenage girl is just dying for a threesome. If they have left that mistake out, it would have been a wonderful story and why I love Yuri romance. Well, on to the next one........hope it turns out better.

joined May 25, 2019

I know I'm late but I just wanna say something too.. anyway like the most out there I just can agree about the kinda weird ending. It's not bad but I thought there would be something else, but it's somehow the best End for all of the three as triangle. I feel just bad for the Lizard-Girl and I kinda wished ( and thought ) that she came up with the the other photograph-Girl since it seemed like the both came together. I alsou thought that it goes on because there is written Voleum2 on the bonus chapter.

My opinion just like the others.

It ends fair but I wished it would be something different but not bad ¿-¿

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK THIS DOESN'T JUST FEEL POLYAMOROUS IT EXPLICITLY IS. HOW HAS NO ONE EVER TOLD ME ABOUT THIS THIS IS A DECENTLY LONG MANGA THAT IS ENTIRELY POLYAMOROUS HOLY SHIIIIIIIIT.

Edit: I'm still shook about this, i really adored it. Can't decide if it's my favorite manga now, but it's definitively top 3 along with YagaKimi and AnoKiss. I'm so happy this actually just skyrocketed my mood this is great. God.

last edited at Jan 28, 2020 3:53PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's not that doesn't feel Poly but the poly outcome is way too quick to be really good. Amane just throw the idea in the last pages and that's it. No real building toward the poly ending, really Amane is like "I like Nene and Nene like me and Kou so we should going out together"and boom that's it. That fail short and kinda coming out of nowhere. KOu's feelings toward Nene had never been really clear and was even ok with just watching them from the side before Amane sugger they go out together. Honestly Kou ending up with the Senpai wouldn't have been farfetch either. Theextra was nice too but yeah, too quick for me for being really good.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK THIS DOESN'T JUST FEEL POLYAMOROUS IT EXPLICITLY IS. HOW HAS NO ONE EVER TOLD ME ABOUT THIS THIS IS A DECENTLY LONG MANGA THAT IS ENTIRELY POLYAMOROUS HOLY SHIIIIIIIIT.

Edit: I'm still shook about this, i really adored it. Can't decide if it's my favorite manga now, but it's definitively top 3 along with YagaKimi and AnoKiss. I'm so happy this actually just skyrocketed my mood this is great. God.

I know the poly outcome is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for you, but once the initial euphoria is past, if you can stand to read (OK, maybe skim) the comments here, you’ll find plenty of criticism of the execution of this series, mostly in the structure and characterization.

It definitely wasn’t a poly ending out of nowhere, and there aren’t so many of those in any case, but it did seem to me that the psychological stakes, especially for Nene and Yandere-Sempai, were developed as being rather serious ones, and definitely as too heavy to be resolved just by little Camera-chan winning a photo contest. Overall it felt like the story rushed to its ending, as if the serialization turned out to be at least a few chapters shorter than had been planned.

In other words, the poly ending got its setup but not the development it needed to be fully earned. And in terms of execution, for me that doesn’t put it in the same class as YagaKimi or AnoKiss.

EDIT: Lillywyt’s quicker (and as always more concise) than me, but I do think the ground for a poly end was laid, but the parts that would have made it fully convincing for these characters got left out.

And the fact that something more was obviously planned for Sensei Hot Stuff than actually happened also suggests that this series got cut off earlier than planned.

last edited at Jan 28, 2020 5:18PM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

idk, I was thinking "this seems like a situation that would be best solved by polyamory" starting around chapter 2 - it felt very sensible to me, assuming the people feel okay with that sort of "sharing" - which the people there clearly do, I was impressed by the lack of jealousy in this series. It's kind of wild that people are trying to convince me that... what I shouldn't enjoy it cause it's kinda rushed? That was true of many of the sections in AnoKiss too, it's a shame because it could have been better, but people on here really need 4x as must backup and justification for any polyamorous developments as they do for monoamorous, all of the polyamory I've seen here has seemed logical and to make the people happy, and just as well-justified as the monoamorous relationships that pop up.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

idk, I was thinking "this seems like a situation that would be best solved by polyamory" starting around chapter 2 - it felt very sensible to me, assuming the people feel okay with that sort of "sharing" - which the people there clearly do, I was impressed by the lack of jealousy in this series. It's kind of wild that people are trying to convince me that... what I shouldn't enjoy it cause it's kinda rushed? That was true of many of the sections in AnoKiss too, it's a shame because it could have been better, but people on here really need 4x as must backup and justification for any polyamorous developments as they do for monoamorous, all of the polyamory I've seen here has seemed logical and to make the people happy, and just as well-justified as the monoamorous relationships that pop up.

No, of course, you should enjoy the series any way you want to. But as an achieved work of narrative art, it doesn't hold a candle to YagaKimi, or even AnoKiss, just in terms of knowing what it's about from the start and sticking to it.

And I take it "lack of jealousy" doesn't extend to lizard-sempai, although maybe "I like her best when she's crying" isn't technically "jealousy."

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

No, of course, you should enjoy the series any way you want to. But as an achieved work of narrative art, it doesn't hold a candle to YagaKimi, or even AnoKiss, just in terms of knowing what it's about from the start and sticking to it.

And I take it "lack of jealousy" doesn't extend to lizard-sempai, although maybe "I like her best when she's crying" isn't technically "jealousy."

I mean yeah lizard-senpai isn't one of the ones who has to be in the polyamorous relationship, it doesn't matter at all to the strength of the polyamorous relationship if she's jealous or not.

Anyway I never put it on the level of YagaKimi or AnoKiss, not even close, i don't think AnoKiss is on the level of YagaKimi either. those are my favorite manga, they are up there because of how much I like them, not because I think they are some objective level of good. YagaKimi is the best manga I've read, period. Crescent Moon and Doughnuts is working it's way up there too, and looks like the only real competitor for the spot imo. AnoKiss is wonderful, and truly amazing for what it is and what it does, but it's just not as good as YagaKimi, at all. It's not trying to be, it's happy high-quantity yuri featuring a variety of interesting relationships intersecting in fun ways, it's the definition of a good intro to yuri. This gets a spot because I am polyamorous and do not get to see the type of relationships I would like to be in represented in manga once, so for a manga to be entirely focused on that, as opposed to relegating it to side characters or having it as secondary to the smut, and for that not to be a doujin or a oneshot, is pretty huge, and on top of that I thought it was pretty good and covered a fair amount of emotional depth. I don't think it was the next Bloom Into You, and it was an entirely different type of manga to AnoKiss, but it was good. Now, if we do get something of the quality of YagaKimi, that's yuri, and that's about a polyamorous relationship, I will cry and it will be my favorite manga near-guaranteed. But that's not a thing yet.

last edited at Jan 28, 2020 8:35PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Now, if we do get something of the quality of YagaKimi, that's yuri, and that's about a polyamorous relationship, I will cry and it will be my favorite manga near-guaranteed. But that's not a thing yet.

There is still the new work of Canno. Who know, maybe it will YagaKImi level of good.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

AnoKiss is wonderful, and truly amazing for what it is and what it does, but it's just not as good as YagaKimi, at all. It's not trying to be, it's happy high-quantity yuri featuring a variety of interesting relationships intersecting in fun ways,

Your phrase about what the various series are “trying to be” is more what I was getting at. And I’d stand up for AnoKiss a bit because of its unusual and ambitious structure—if some of the subsidiary arcs seemed rushed, it was partly because each one was just one of many.

That overall series itself is something like YagaKimi in that it did achieve what it set out to do—in the case of AnoKiss, it fully developed the relationship between the main pair while peopling a whole self-contained surrounding world and milieu, (albeit a lighter and fluffier one than in YagaKimi).

This series seemed to start out wanting to be something rather psychologically darker and more emotionally intense than it ended up being, and characters like the lizard-sempai and the flirty teacher appeared to be slated for more developed roles than they ended up getting. To use an analogy I’ve used before, this one came off sort of like a math problem where the answer came out right but all the work wasn’t shown. (And that never gets full marks.)

Kou, for instance, became something like The Girl with the Magic Relationship Fixing Camera and less of a fully realized character in her own right, which she could have been had we seen more of her struggling with the turbulent emotional waves caused by the other two.

It’s true that the poly ending was foreshadowed early on, and I was actually rather looking forward to seeing how we got to it, when all of a sudden we were already there.

last edited at Jan 28, 2020 10:16PM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

AnoKiss is wonderful, and truly amazing for what it is and what it does, but it's just not as good as YagaKimi, at all. It's not trying to be, it's happy high-quantity yuri featuring a variety of interesting relationships intersecting in fun ways,

Your phrase about what the various series are “trying to be” is more what I was getting at. And I’d stand up for AnoKiss a bit because of its unusual and ambitious structure—if some of the subsidiary arcs seemed rushed, it was partly because each one was just one of many.

That overall series itself is something like YagaKimi in that it did achieve what it set out to do—in the case of AnoKiss, it fully developed the relationship between the main pair while peopling a whole self-contained surrounding world and milieu, (albeit a lighter and fluffier one than in YagaKimi).

This series seemed to start out wanting to be something rather psychologically darker and more emotionally intense than it ended up being, and characters like the lizard-sempai and the flirty teacher appeared to be slated for more developed roles than they ended up getting. To use an analogy I’ve used before, this one came off sort of like a math problem where the answer came out right but all the work wasn’t shown. (And that never gets full marks.)

Kou, for instance, became something like The Girl with the Magic Relationship Fixing Camera and less of a fully realized character in her own right, which she could have been had we seen more of her struggling with the turbulent emotional waves caused by the other two.

It’s true that the poly ending was foreshadowed early on, and I was actually rather looking forward to seeing how we got to it, when all of a sudden we were already there.

I was more contrasting AnoKiss from YagaKimi based on emotional depth than on achieving the goals they set out to achieve - keep in mind AnoKiss was, at least until today and maybe after, my favorite manga, period. I'm not attacking it. But it's not anywhere near the level of emotional depth or mature handling of poignant themes that I feel YagaKimi is. YagaKimi is also more beautiful, to me, being one of the most gorgeous series they is. AnoKiss is amazing, it's just not the same sort of thing. I would say AnoKiss is a good yuri manga, maybe one of the best yuri mangas, but YagaKimi is, beyond that, an amazing story overall.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I would say AnoKiss is a good yuri manga, maybe one of the best yuri mangas, but YagaKimi is, beyond that, an amazing story overall.

We're on the same page on that--YagaKimi is one of the best-executed stories in any medium I've read in a very long time.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I really loved this. Sweet and heartfelt, and a really good poly ending! I'd love more series like this, to be honest.

To reply you must either login or sign up.