Forum › Pocha Climb! discussion

joined Sep 5, 2018

Chalk?

Sweaty hands make it harder to hold onto the holds, so chalk is used to keep your hands dry. If you watch some climbing videos on Youtube, you’ll see it all the time.

It doesn’t really matter with beginner holds like the almost cup-like ones Tsugumi used in chapter 1 and you can also do the intermediate ones just fine without chalk, but dry hands are important for the harder holds, like the ones that are more like little bumps that no sane person would actually attempt to hold onto.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Also gets used in certain gymnastics involving bars and other activities where you don't want your hands to get slippery with sweat.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^Like discus throwing.

last edited at Sep 25, 2019 4:11PM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Not getting your hands sweaty can also be useful for more nerdy activities... Like translating history documentaries to one's own native language on one's own phone's notapad.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

baseball pitchers use chalk bags too.

Riamu
joined Aug 28, 2018

I really like the new characters. Especially how they were introduced

joined Dec 18, 2018

This chapter felt like it took a bit of a turn in the storytelling from what was planned, like the "mysterious chalk girl" from last chapter ended up just being the senpai? Also feels a bit weird for Airi to suddenly be shocked by the thought of dating Tsugu when she's been thirsty af last couple chapters.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I'm actually surprised at the amount of yuri they put in a rock climbing manga lol. None of that subtext stuff around here.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Dark skin.... Delicious dark skin...

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

The thought of being gay /and/ dating sent Aira into an immediate panic. Good series. Quality content

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I wasn't sure if I was going to like this but ch. 3 has me hooked. looking forward to the next chapter.

joined Oct 22, 2018

First: Everyone shipping the other two club members, raise your hand. ✋
Second: About the end, as we all know, the senpai wasn't off the mark a lot. Aira and Tsugu may not be dating yet, but it's only a matter of time.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Second: About the end, as we all know, the senpai wasn't off the mark a lot. Aira and Tsugu may not be dating yet, but it's only a matter of time.

TBH, after I read that I thought gee... that was blunt. And yeah, not off the mark, just a wee bit early.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Turns out the senpai is after Aira-chan
dun dun duuuh

joined Oct 22, 2018

Well, the senpai and the dark-skinned girl looked like they were about to make out when Aira and Tsugu entered, so I'm unsure of what the two above me said.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

That senpai is the true MVP of this manga, not wasting any time with that subtext nonsense and straight dropping the yuri D-bomb right away to get the ball rolling.

(Please don't take that as critique of the subtext genre, it's just not my cup of tea.)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BoobTwinkler posted:

(Please don't take that as critique of the subtext genre, it's just not my cup of tea.)

I don't think such thing as "subtext fan" exist.

joined Oct 22, 2018

BoobTwinkler posted:

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

(https://i.imgflip.com/3e3xhu.jpg)

Wise words

last edited at Oct 23, 2019 11:57AM by Nezchan

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thank you senpai :))) the switch has been flipped!!!!........................not that it wasn't pretty much on already, it just needed to be put in words

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BV posted:

BoobTwinkler posted:

https://i.imgflip.com/3e3xhu.jpg

Well, I was defining subtext as a text, just told in more subtle way for years, but since I'm in incredibly small minority on that I don't really bother to go out of my way to challenge the commonly accepted definition of subtext cough yuri bait cough

joined May 7, 2017

You silly, two girls can't date, it's forbidden, remember?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Doctor_Hoot posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/pocha_climb_ch03#8

https://i.imgur.com/1xA4hZB.png

I think the name is Oniyama Nanoko. The と at the end of the bubble means "and".

Yup.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Gay

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

This manga needs an anime to depict the climbing better.

But considering how fast the yuri is progressing, I wonder if it'll even have enough chapters for one.

To reply you must either login or sign up.