Forum › Ikenai Otona discussion

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

She's definitely inadvertently accumulating her own harem of high school girls half her age. I bet it's pheromones.

Img_9245
joined Mar 14, 2018

Troubled girl: exists
Akemi-san: I must protect her
Akemi-san: exists
Troubled girl: I’m in love

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I think the most unbelievable part of this story up to now is that the sweets shop sold out of everything. That never happens!

Well I don't like harems and this seems like a reaaaal stretch right now. The entire Reina chapter was way too convenient, including perfectly timed double earthquakes. At least Yua seems to actually see her as a mother replacement rather than a romantic interest. Pretty standard parental issues and coping with trying to get other adult's attention instead.

last edited at Sep 12, 2019 7:17AM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I agree that this story already burned its suspension of disbelief rather early on, but I feel that if you don't take it to seriously it has its charm.

I wonder if page 18 was a jab at studen/teacher stories or more of bit of a reallity check to the audience for them to not mix fiction with reallity, and that that kind of relationship aren't at all like a manga or something.

Anyway I think probably next chapter won't introduced a new girl and will rather re-affirm the first girl feelings, BUT if new girls get introduced I would also like a delinquent and/or gyaru like a couple of comments mentioned before

joined Jan 18, 2017

I definitly think it was that, all these stories about weird relationships are nice because they are exactly that, just stories.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

If a fourth girl comes along, I hope the scenario is even more intense than earthquakes or drunk guys. Maybe it rains shrimp, and the fourth girl is afraid of shrimp?

Deathly allergic to shrimp even. She then would have to spend the entire chapter walking around in a hazmat suit, only to fall in love with Akemi because Akemi still treated her like a human being.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

If a fourth girl comes along, I hope the scenario is even more intense than earthquakes or drunk guys. Maybe it rains shrimp, and the fourth girl is afraid of shrimp?

Deathly allergic to shrimp even. She then would have to spend the entire chapter walking around in a hazmat suit, only to fall in love with Akemi because Akemi still treated her like a human being.

Even better... Akemi ate all the shrimp to save her!

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Is this a harem manga?

Also @Zexalfan nice Lala avatar

last edited at Sep 12, 2019 3:38PM

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

interesting, I dont know how I feel about the age gap tho..but omg a yuri harem

last edited at Sep 13, 2019 2:47AM

White_mage
joined Feb 28, 2013

Ikenai Otona - aka "The Story of How a Random 30-year-old Woman Accidentally Formed a Harem Of High School Girls"

I love it

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Is this a harem manga?

I kinda hope so lol not enough yuri harems out there,

Also @Zexalfan nice Lala avatar

thank you!

last edited at Sep 13, 2019 8:03PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

the only thing that can make this even better is one of the girls saying "no one can just deflect the emerald splash"

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

BugDevil posted:

But God hates shrimp...

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

But God hates shrimp...

Then Akemi must be Satan, because she loves them to a terrifying degree.

joined Feb 1, 2017

This womanising fluffball XD

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Nya-chan posted:

BugDevil posted:

But God hates shrimp...

That's exactly why God would want to rain shrimp! To throw away with his unwanted leftovers.

last edited at Sep 16, 2019 12:06AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Heavensrun posted:

Not gonna lie I laughed a lot when the third girl showed up with issues and then rescued by drunkards... Also where are the earthquakes? I thought it was the season XP

<_<

(not sure if serious)

Very serious, the events in this manga are way too convenient even for fiction, the Yua chan wanted to meet Akemi san, that can be done easily but she got attacked by a group of drunk guys IN FRONT OF THE STORE

I should clarify, I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic or if you think "earthquake season" is a thing.

As for convenience, they don't come in "seasons", but earthquakes -do- actually kind of tend to bunch up. A fault that has slipped recently is more likely to slip again, and earthquakes are pretty common in Japan.

As for the guys outside the shop, it seems pretty obvious from the following scene that she was there to investigate Akemi because her friends are fighting over her. It's not that much of a coincidence.

last edited at Sep 16, 2019 12:28AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

HAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD!!! THIS WAS GREAT Like, there's a very special reason why is this so great (also spoilers for 1 x ½ ) They did in one chapter what 1 x ½ took like 3 or 4 months to do ! omg and at first I was getting flashbacks like OH NOOOOO NOT THIS SHIT AGAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNN but this time she came out of nowhere, we saw the flashbacks, we knew she was a player, they were about to do it but didn't and then at the very end she makes a bold statement that makes Akemi doubt about her own feelings (just like the slut from 1x tried to do with Asuka's mom)

The only difference is that Shion didn't know Akemi back then... But the rest is almost too similar, would it be a stretch to say that there was a heavy influence? anyway I laughed pretty hard because of this.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

HAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD!!! THIS WAS GREAT Like, there's a very special reason why is this so great (also spoilers for 1 x ½ ) They did in one chapter what 1 x ½ took like 3 or 4 months to do ! omg and at first I was getting flashbacks like OH NOOOOO NOT THIS SHIT AGAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNN but this time she came out of nowhere, we saw the flashbacks, we knew she was a player, they were about to do it but didn't and then at the very end she makes a bold statement that makes Akemi doubt about her own feelings (just like the slut from 1x tried to do with Asuka's mom)

The only difference is that Shion didn't know Akemi back then... But the rest is almost too similar, would it be a stretch to say that there was a heavy influence? anyway I laughed pretty hard because of this.

I doubt there's any influence, it's a pretty standard romance trope. This old flame is certainly a lot more likable and a lot less skeevy though.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well yeah, now that I think about it the "mysterious sempai from the past" always comes and goes like truck kun in fantasy... I think Hana ni Arashi did it too (But I paused the manga so idk how that ended), but the timing was too on point hehehe.

And hey, who else was a bit afraid that the senpai was going to end in the "harem" too ?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

She better run before that police dragnet catches up to her

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Little difference here is that Kaede is not as bad as the Senpai from 1x1/2 is.

joined May 20, 2013

And hey, who else was a bit afraid that the senpai was going to end in the "harem" too ?

They just barely met. I still think she will. (They are the same age, though, so she isn't her senpai.)

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I hope she does that would be hilarious. Honestly, at this point if this just ends up being a harem comedy where the ultra dense protagonist is a 30something women I'd be down with that.

Img_20191002_184339
joined Sep 14, 2019

I was actually looking forward to that smh

To reply you must either login or sign up.