Forum › A Room For Two discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

No, seriously, folks—this one will just belabor the point until everyone gets tired of it. Don’t bother, let it go.

Or Nez come and ban everyone.

joined Dec 3, 2018

Who believe that in the end of 2019, someone is serious about calling Skurako and Kasumi relation "subtext" ? The only one open with the relation is Moka, Riruko is more reserved about this and i don't think she is ready enough to assume it fully. Sakurako and Kasumi don't "hide" behind anything since everyone and their dogs can understand they love each other, well everyone expect you apparently. You know that reals couples don't make out and talk about their relation all the time .

It's 2019 and you still can't admit that you are fine with subtext yuri. It doesn't haven't to be a taboo word, embrace it if you think it's fine. I still read and enjoy the series, I'm just not dumb enough to claim it's anything but subtext.

They already state that they don't feel the need to put their love into words or actions because they don't see the point.

They don't want to put it into words but you and I do. I call it subtext, you don't. But just remember that when they moved into a new apartment Kasumi wanted to get separate beds.

But i guess you need to see them fuck like rabbits on screen to get off the subtext

Nope, I already stated that proper confessions or even a romantic kiss that doesn't involve sharing candy would be fine. But I guess strawmen are the only things youre comfortable with arguing.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Like I said . . .

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

No, seriously, folks—this one will just belabor the point until everyone gets tired of it. Don’t bother, let it go.

Great, now that song is playing in my head.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Gridman posted:

Eh, I'll give you the "no sex", but Sakurako has been very clear about her feelings, and this is one of the most romantic kisses in existence.

Really low bar if a kiss on the cheek is one of the most romantic kisses you have ever seen.

Look. Not all artists are good at drawing kisses. The way Yukiko draws them is clearly meant to be on lips, she just sucks at it. Here you have other example:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch42_5#15
Clearly the same pose, just they're facing each other
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch53#10
Here Sakurako's face is angled slightly to the side, but their noses are touching so Kasumi is going straight for the lips.

For comparison, two kisses from different mangaka:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/letting_go_of_the_hand_is_a_loss#4
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_inside_of_the_person_i_love#14
I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be arguing with anyone that they're not kissing, only eating each other faces.

Gridman posted:

Nope, I already stated that proper confessions or even a romantic kiss that doesn't involve sharing candy would be fine.

You mean like exactly here?
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch51#5
There's 0 ambiguity in her words. She uses "aishiteru" in the last line which is used only in context of romantic love.

And by sharing candy you mean here?
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch51#12
She doesn't share anything. She just kisses Kasumi and she is so caught off guard her stiff neck loosens...

Also....

Gridman posted:

Almost every single kiss has a non romantic reason behind it to explain why they did it besides being in love, such as sharing a piece of candy.

I'm sorry, but how often exactly do you share candy with someone using mouth, without it being explicitly sexual? Maybe I should reconsider my behavior. Apparently I'm not acting "no homo" enough...

I totally understand the need of confirmation. Too many times we were tricked to believe there's legit yuri, just for it to be denied last second or publisher never fully committing to it. I get why a lot of people are burned out. But honestly, there comes a point, when subtext is no longer subtext and is just blatant text. At this point, I don't think even author can realistically deny it, without audience totally not buying it. Yea, they're just "superfriends".

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 1:11AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

This is all giving me a serious sense of deja vu. Especially Nevri's response.

That comment very much reeks of bait.

Must be easier to call my post bait rather than explain why one couple is in an open relationship that explicitly has sex while the main "couple"s most romantic moment is a kiss on the cheek.

If you want explanations, don't act like an ignorant thug who thinks they know it all.
Every. Single. Forced. Point. You. Make. Was explained dozens upon dozens of times in this thread. You can go back a few dozen pages and read through aaall of these tedious points. Believe me, they were exhausted beyond belief.

My only guess for why someone would still say that nonsense is either actual legit disability level blindness... or trolling.

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 3:39AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I kinda agree about horrible narration of the Kasumi and Sakurako's story. It's neverending tease (I like to call it a bait) for readers who like yuri. It's playing it safe, to not cross the line, coz this manga is popular with normies who like reading about girls close friendship who hug, kiss, grab boobs, etc. but never goes beyond that, because then it's rezu.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I kinda agree about horrible narration of the Kasumi and Sakurako's story. It's neverending tease (I like to call it a bait) for readers who like yuri. It's playing it safe, to not cross the line, coz this manga is popular with normies who like reading about girls close friendship who hug, kiss, grab boobs, etc. but never goes beyond that, because then it's rezu.

What the actual hell?
This is a yuri manga published in a yuri online magazine with explicit yuri relationships in it (even if you were dense enough to not understand Kasumi and Sakurako's somehow). Nothing about this is supposed to appeal to "normies" who don't like yuri. That's just... so many levels of ignorant it hurts.

They crossed every possible line except having sex. What exactly do you NEED? It's not a tease or bait just because they don't fulfill some arbitrary requirement you people need to comprehend that they are in love, dating and going to be married in the future.

joined Jun 12, 2015

What the actual hell?
This is a yuri manga published in a yuri online magazine with explicit yuri relationships in it (even if you were dense enough to not understand Kasumi and Sakurako's somehow). Nothing about this is supposed to appeal to "normies" who don't like yuri. That's just... so many levels of ignorant it hurts.

They crossed every possible line except having sex. What exactly do you NEED? It's not a tease or bait just because they don't fulfill some arbitrary requirement you people need to comprehend that they are in love, dating and going to be married in the future.

First time hearing about Denshi Birtz being an yuri online magazine, but whatever. As I said I don't like the narration of thier story. Every close scene is treated like a joke or not serious behaviour. Sakurako can be serious but Kasumi is not (e. g. that 'aishteru' moment).

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

First time hearing about Denshi Birtz being an yuri online magazine, but whatever. As I said I don't like the narration of thier story. Every close scene is treated like a joke or not serious behaviour. Sakurako can be serious but Kasumi is not (e. g. that 'aishteru' moment).

Sorry, I mixed it up. The TAG on the story on that online magazine is YURI.
This is a comedic 4koma manga, of course most scenes won't be treated overly seriously. Their relationship is a lighthearted one. That doesn't mean it's not real.
Are you kidding me? Even if you for some reason think that the "I love you" barrage was just lipservice (which is just ignoring everything about Kasumi's character) the first two panels are unambiguous. She says "Is there really a need for me to say it?" Anyone with a modicum of common sense would understand that to mean "Of course i love you, but why do I have to say it?"

Kasumi has shown several times that she loves Sakurako. Do you think her kiss was just a joke too? Do you believe that Kasumi, who always objects when she really hates something, would not speak up against Sakurako saying they are lovers or will go to a honeymoon?

This is such a blatant misreading of the intention and the dynamics... It hurts my head that so many people still could possibly think like that.

PS: So where do the normies come in? Doesn't look like you can actually support that claim.

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 4:51AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

PS: So where do the normies come in? Doesn't look like you can actually support that claim.

It caters to the same group that likes Yuru Yuri, Kobayashi-san or even Nanoha. Like I said, I don't like that kind of narration, coz for me it's just bs and waste of time. I was fallowing this manga from start and dropped it after volume 3, because of that.

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 5:10AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It caters to the same group that likes Yuru Yuri, Kobayashi-san or even Nanoha. Like I said, I don't like that kind of narration, coz for me it's just bs and waste of time. I was fallowing this manga from start and dropped it after volume 3, because of that.

Kobayashi-san is outright Yuri with Kanna and Saikawa, Nanoha is as close as conceivably possible without actually crossing the line, but NONE of those are actually like Futaribeya. That is what I'm talking about, you are blatantly misreading this story.

Do Nanoha and Fate ever kiss on screen? Do they tell each other they love each other?
Does Kobayashi ever directly say "I love you" ot Tooru? Does she completely accept when Tooru says they are lovers?
No, those shows, while extremely heavy on the yuri subtext, are actually subtext. And even then Dragon Maid is nowhere near bait.
But Futaribeya is just unambiguous straightforward yuri. I just gave you examples which you cannot refute in my last post. The actual reason you people say this stuff is because Kasumi isn't proactive enough for you. You just can't stand it when one person is not openly affectionate all the time.

I mean.. you dropped the damn thing at Volume 3. You don't even know what their relationship is like now. It's just ridiculous.

I think Nevri is right, this is just a result of too much actual yuri bait torture. People can't enjoy nuanced romance in yuri anymore.

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 5:19AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I mean.. you dropped the damn thing at Volume 3. You don't even know what their relationship is like now. It's just ridiculous.

"Dropped" was a wrong word. I should use "stopped carrying" coz I still check new chapters, but not as soon as they show up. It's not like I have tons of yuri manga to read in english or my native language.

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 5:50AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think Nevri is right, this is just a result of too much actual yuri bait torture. People can't enjoy nuanced romance in yuri anymore.

I think this is the result of certain people being unable to accept the fact that some readers call something “yuri” when they don’t.

Their only acceptable answer is “You’re right,” but the only answer on offer is “Who the f*ck cares?”

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I think this is the result of certain people being unable to accept the fact that some readers call something “yuri” when they don’t.

And vice versa.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Their only acceptable answer is “You’re right,” but the only answer on offer is “Who the f*ck cares?”

Whether you wanna tag it yuri or subtext or whatever doesn't even matter.
Facts are facts. Their relationship is undeniable. As far as I'm concerned you could even label it Yaoi, whatever, but don't lie about what is actually factually there in the text.

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 4:43PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Always the same discussion between the same people, again and again. This thread is so boring and repetitive...

From the point of view of Japanese readers (the target audience) there's nothing to discuss. K&S are lovers, they've been cohabiting for a long time, they'll have some kind of marriage ceremony any day now. That's it. Easy, obvious, in-yer-face canon.

White Rose said the final word on the subject a while ago, and further expanded on the details a little later. I'm too lazy to summarize it here, so just go reread those posts if you want enlightenment.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

And you, Nene, never fail to pretend the Japanese audience is somehow relevant to discussions here or even better, that you have any idea what it actually thinks.

While I obviously agree with the core point, White Rose's summaries are about as useful as a can opener made of wax.

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 2:18PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

This deserves repeating

Most. Capable. Lesbians. Ever.

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

Licensed. Well, shit. Guess I won't see the conclusion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 3:51PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's still updated you know. It's not because it's licensied that it's stop the translators.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I planned to post How many brain cells do you have?, but decided not to after I immediately felt bad about briefly wanting to actually ask that...

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Always the same discussion between the same people, again and again. This thread is so boring and repetitive...

From the point of view of Japanese readers (the target audience) there's nothing to discuss. K&S are lovers, they've been cohabiting for a long time, they'll have some kind of marriage ceremony any day now. That's it. Easy, obvious, in-yer-face canon.

White Rose said the final word on the subject a while ago, and further expanded on the details a little later. I'm too lazy to summarize it here, so just go reread those posts if you want enlightenment.

THANK YOU NENE-CHAN!!! (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ~♥~♡

I put a lot of effort into analyzing and explaining this manga in the original context it's meant to be understood. It's so nice to know my contributions are appreciated. (sniff) Thankies a lot!

(Oh and ignore you-know-who, ok? After his repeated bans, the last one for a whole month, it looks like he still hasn't learned squat.)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

To be fair, i feel like your analysis is a bit wanky but that's just my opinion.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

To be fair, i feel like your analysis is a bit wanky but that's just my opinion.

As does everyone else, but let's not harp on it. We already established that ages ago.
At least we all agree that this isn't subtext.

last edited at Oct 3, 2019 4:45PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.