Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

for a second there i thought this was the end but according to MAL we still get 5 more chapters

That was the end. MAL probably counted the bonus chapters, which there are 5 in total so far. We may or may not get another bonus for vol 8.

Ss%20(2015-04-13%20at%2009.21.14)
joined May 4, 2015

A masterpiece all throughout its run. I'm so gonna miss this. :')

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I can't believe I've been reading this for 4 years!
Such a great ride, and I look forward to whatever Nakatani Nio's next project might be.

Many thanks to the scanalators for all that they gave to us.

joined Jun 12, 2019

God I’m fucking crying.. I’m going to miss them so fucking much

Jarnan
joined Sep 18, 2017

holy shit it's over. Crazy how four bloomin' years has gone by since the first chapter was uploaded here.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

What a wild ride im so sad its over but maybe we can get a season 2 for the anime. I also wish we got to see sayaka’s girlfriend.

Img_20191002_184339
joined Sep 14, 2019

Absolutely beautiful! I still can't believe this series is over. Looking forward to Nakatani Nio next series

joined Mar 20, 2012

I'm really sad this ended. a very solid manga and one of the best yuri animes I have seen. Hope it gets a second season. Loved how it ended, very thankful of all these happy endings lately. This could be a bit innocent of me, but the turn to well-made stories made into anime that get popular could finally help introduce same-sex marriage in Japan.

When A Room For Two ends I won't have manga I will be following as strictly :( (well Virgin's Empire but that one is not in the same realm as these xD)

It's October, can I already wish for a 2020 with a lot of good manga and anime with yuri? I need more anime, recommendations to melancholy watch after this?

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

This epilog was fairly long, lol. And it’s was nice. Overall really good manga, I enjoyed reading it. Many thanks for the translation! Looking forward to new manga by Nakatani-sensei.

Fb99a412e56031b0a8f5568f284d39f1435bb314_hq
joined Nov 19, 2017

I loved it buuuuuut i expected more developement side characters wise and more "scenes" around the main couple , it kinda feels rushed but not rushed at the same time , you feel me ?
Great read , nontheless.

LMAO, rushed
let's see, Touko no longer lives on the shadow of her late sister, and Yuu learned about love in 45 chapters (scratches head), yep, TOTALLY RUSHED LMAO
And if scenes you meant "adult" scenes, google girl on girl love, there you go, a manga absolutely does not need erotic content to be good or bad

• " it kinda feels rushed BUT NOT rushed at the same time " in other words its full and well done but not in the usual flashy manga way which is good , i just wrote it in the form of an oxymoron , guess that kinda confused you
  • by scenes i meant more lovey dovey chapters not essentially "adult" ones , more of a "A Kiss And A White Lily" vibe if you get what i mean (mb i should've explained it more) but that's just me being greedy i guess !
  • i still loved it dont get me wrong its really great , but its lacking that something is all i'm sayin . @Blastaar explained it perfectly in his reply (p297)

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 9:53PM

joined Jun 30, 2015

Finally, a rare gem for a long while. Man, when was the last time we have such a good Yuri series that is not comedy or SoL?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

yuripie posted:

Finally, a rare gem for a long while. Man, when was the last time we have such a good Yuri series that is not comedy or SoL?

For me, since Notes From The Garden Of Lilies, it really is rare to find a series that hits all the right spots ... and it makes me sad that I don't have one like this at the moment.

Well I'm enjoying Virgin's Empire for now but it can be very random at times

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

Clever and beautiful as ever, thank you for this amazing series.
It feels as if all the amazing mangas I've read are all ending, sad but there's gotta be an end to a story and I'm proud of those said mangas.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

yuu lookin hella gay in that outfit with that hair. cute to see them growing up. i cried a little. def going to miss these characters.

joined Jun 30, 2015

yuripie posted:

For me, since Notes From The Garden Of Lilies, it really is rare to find a series that hits all the right spots ... and it makes me sad that I don't have one like this at the moment.

My memory is pretty bad actually, so the last time there is any decent non-SoL, non-comedy Yuri is probably Girlfriends... and probably Hoshikawa, which was kind of cute, but then Ken was being Ken at times. I might have forgotten some as well.

I'm digging in Hana Ni Arashi and Adachi and Shimamura atm. But both don't make me feel as good as YagaKimi.

Some other series that are good is Euphonium (but that is Yuribait btw).

I find there are a lot series, even not Yuri, have very decent start and strong potential but many just goes downhill fast...

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 10:38PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

yuripie posted:

Man did I love Notes From The Garden you really don't see that kind of amazing dynamic do you?

Yeah, I guess there is still Yamada and Kase San out there in the either but who knows how long that is going to last.
Well, I hope there is the next big yuri series on the horizon something that will have teh same impact on the genre that Bloom has managed. Hopefully we won't have to wait to long.

Sasasasasas
joined Dec 25, 2013

I'm feeling sad because it's over, but also so happy because of what a ride it was and how much I grew to love the characters (ok, I mean almost exclusively Yuu, but Touko and Sayaka, along with Koyomi's potential affair with that author lady took a solid 10% of my love).

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

The end of an era...

Now what do we do?

This comment got me thinking about how long it's been since the first chapter was uploaded to Dynasty, and really, you're right, it truly is the end of an era. YagaKimi is as meaningful to the current generation as Morinaga's Girl Friends was to the yuri scene of nine years ago. It'll forever be a reference in the genre, and there probably won't be another like it for a while.

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 10:50PM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Some other series that are good is Euphonium (but that is Yuribait btw).

Well, Nakatani-sensei is a fan of Eupho, no? To be honest sometimes I was feeling beats of Kumiko in Yuu, lol. And bait is something that baiting into viewing, like trailer for sounan desu ka? that showed kiss between girls but in actual show it’s played for laughs. And there are so many more. Euph never promised none of that.

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 10:51PM

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Love. What a wonderful ride this was. I am sure I'll be rereading this a few times. Nudges its way into my top 5.

joined Aug 21, 2017

It was fun while it lasted.

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Damn it been a one of those months, end of this, the end of Symphogear, kind of feels a bit empty now. But what a way to go out ,simple and clean. But I kind of want to see a bit more so that we know all the characters are going to be alright.

joined Sep 6, 2018

So, who’s Sayaka’s girlfriend?

This manga is a classic. The manga can itself be a storyboard for a live action movie. This manga is in my top three and I don’t know the ranking as they are all very superbly written/drawn/produced.

I should complete the purchase of all the volumes by Christmas.

This website is now diminished without such great, new, original content being regularly posted.

Farewell, “Bloom into You”. Life was pleasant when reading the newest chapters.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

After reaching the final page where I could see Yuu's and Touko's backs, it felt like a kick in the gut.
I'll miss them.

And I hope to see another Yuri manga as shiny as Yagate Kimi Ni Naru. Well done, Nakatani-sensei.

joined Sep 6, 2018

How much of a time skip was this chapter? One year or two years?

To reply you must either login or sign up.